Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

It was good, mainly for the homages with the artists that already passed by Nightwing (some), but the message is already being repeated, and Taylor has a serious problem with the private prison (remembering Shadow of Bat, but the prison had a face, here is empty).
    I expected to see characters that appeared in these 100 issues, like Raptor, Helena, Damian....etc. The confrontation with KGBeast, while an animal man destroys the city reminded me of the end of Jurgens' run (by the way, a lot of run reminds me of the end of Jurgens' run). I still don't feel anything for Heartless.

Great issue. The art changing from some artists that drew him since the 90s as he falls into battle was awesome. This book is cleary building the path to a Titans one, hopefully they will annouce it soon.

Now, i like the idea of him building the Titans tower from the Prison, but you going to need a prison in your city too tho. Or you going to put guys like Heartless in the Tower? That would not be a bad ideia, but to make them escape, because soon or later they will, you gonna need to compromise your main HQ in the story.

And KGBeast is not a real treat anymore, he is a jobber to the Batfamily. Beating him up should be a rite of passage for them at this point.
    I guess he deserve it, i got to suffer through Ric Grayson for two years cause of him.

Also, can we please, please, give a new design for Cyborg and drop the Beast Boy eye patch?
    Last edited by Drako; 01-17-2023 at 06:33 AM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I thought this was rad. They did well handling the transition between artist, and it did get me to see Nighwing artists through the years (though is it just me or has Barrows gotten worse over the years?). The moment between Bruce and Dick also got me, could have done with out Dick calling him dad (doesn’t need to be said), but I thought it did a good job of simplifying why Bruce will alway be so important to Dick. For all Bruce’s faults he still was Dick’s hero when Dick needed one most. That being said I was hoping they were going to resolve Heartless and Zucco, and start fresh after putting the nostalgia bait to rest.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-17-2023 at 05:58 AM.

I'm still hoping to get Raptor, Helena and Tiger back one day, especially Raptor, dude was created for Nightwing, but is nowhere to be seen since the new team took over.
    Also, this might be an unpopular opinion, but I don't really like the whole "dad" thing. I guess it's because I always saw them more like partners, brothers at best, but never as father and son lmao.
    Last edited by ayanestar; 01-17-2023 at 05:59 AM.

Ya, Raptor seems like a villain that would be in Taylor's wheel house. And him calling him "dad" comes off awkward to me. Not because i don't see them as father and son, but because i actually think its more multifaceted then just that. They're what the other needs when they need it. Father, brother, teacher, mentor, hero Bruce is all of those to Dick. And vice versa.

Yeah, the Dad thing was a bit too much.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I'm still hoping to get Raptor, Helena and Tiger back one day, especially Raptor, dude was created for Nightwing, but is nowhere to be seen since the new team took over.
    He is nowhere to be seen ever since Tim Seeley's run ended in 2018. It's not like every creative team before Taylor\Redondo were using him.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Priest would use him. Williams also had him make an appearance. Though if Raptor would to come back, i wouldn't want it to be throwaway. He has to have something to say. With Dick being a billionaire, i would be interested in what he might have to say about that.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-17-2023 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Priest would use him. Williams also had him make an appearance.
    In the Nightwing book, i mean.
    Priest used him in the Deathstroke book while Seeley was also using him.

But he was in the Robin tournament taking beatings.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    And KGBeast is not a real treat anymore, he is a jobber to the Batfamily. Beating him up should be a rite of passage for them at this point.
    It is really a shame, in his first appearance ha was a major threat.

And IIRC it should for the Batfamily members impossible to beat up him, Bane and Croc (and Deathstroke), these guys are just to big, tough and strong as that punching them should to much.
    Last edited by Aahz; 01-17-2023 at 06:52 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    Also, this might be an unpopular opinion, but I don't really like the whole "dad" thing. I guess it's because I always saw them more like partners, brothers at best, but never as father and son lmao.
    I'm sort of with you - in that I think the point of their relationship, like both of theirs with Alfred, should be more interesting and complicated than a straightforward oardnt/child one. But I'll allow it in this instance, because it's almost a peace offering - and it's what they needed to say in that moment.

I liked that sequence overall, if only because the sense of their being some distance between Bruce and Dick - not a falling out, just a slight discomfort - was something I thought had been very subtly and effectively done. But, also, nice to put it to bed.

Nice to see the guest artists back - but really, my main reaction to those pages was to be reminded of how much I like Redondo!

Thought the issue did a plausible job of moving Bludhaven and Dick's relationship to it from one thing to another.

I didn't mind Dick calling Bruce his Dad. Bruce is many things to Dick. Mentor, friend, original partner and a father. I appreciate writers remembering and acknowledging that important detail.

This was a good issue. Tagging previous Nightwing artists felt fitting since Taylors run has been a celebration of past runs.

Agree with those who missed Raptor, Helena and Tiger this issue [heck even Damian]. I would have liked to see more of the Seeley nightwing elements in this landmark issue. We did start off with them so I was expecting a reference.

Regardless it was a solid issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Agree with those who missed Raptor, Helena and Tiger this issue [heck even Damian]. I would have liked to see more of the Seeley nightwing elements in this landmark issue. We did start off with them so I was expecting a reference.

Regardless it was a solid issue.
    At the moment, I'm happy for Spyral elements to be on the down-low because I'm hopeful that Black Label will be able to get a six or twelve issue "Return To Spyral" out of Seeley, King and Janin at some point. Seeley made some encouraging noises a little while ago....

Otherwise, baby steps. Fully merging the Bat and the Super and the Titans characters into Dick's life has been a long time coming - it doesn't seem that long ago since poor old Kyle Higgins had to do a run where it didn't seem like Dick had met anyone who didn't live in Gotham or work at Haly's Circus.

(When was the last time Dick mentioned Spyral? Was it in Tynion's run when he mentioned looking up Ghost Maker when he had access to their resources?)

It seems like at this point Dick will have 100% cleaned up Bludhaven by the time Taylor is done with his run.

I get what Taylor was going for and it was nice to see Dick and Bruce's relationship portrayed positively for once under his pen, but I don't think he needs to keep putting the subtext in the actual text.

Heartless...continues to exist.

I still don't really get why the JL is stepping back other than for plot reasons, but I guess this is Taylor's chance to show if he can write the Titans as JL level team. Although it's like just the same team it always is minus Garth and Roy.

Also, speaking of Raptor, I'm not sure Taylor would write him well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It seems like at this point Dick will have 100% cleaned up Bludhaven by the time Taylor is done with his run.

I get what Taylor was going for and it was nice to see Dick and Bruce's relationship portrayed positively for once under his pen, but I don't think he needs to keep putting the subtext in the actual text.

Heartless...continues to exist.

I still don't really get why the JL is stepping back other than for plot reasons, but I guess this is Taylor's chance to show if he can write the Titans as JL level team. Although it's like just the same team it always is minus Garth and Roy.

Also, speaking of Raptor, I'm not sure Taylor would write him well.
    Raptor is working for deathstroke inc is he not. Does he have any ambition of his own. What sets him apart from any of the other assassins dick has dealt with presently.