Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine322 View Post
    Donna Troy isn’t on the cover? And yet characters like Detective Chimp are? Or do I just not see her?
    Betty/Bette Kane, the original Bat-Girl and later Flamebird (why don't you get this, DC?)

was not there too. Literally one of the first teen heroes he partnered with, treated like so much dump, THANKS DC!
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Raptor is working for deathstroke inc is he not. Does he have any ambition of his own. What sets him apart from any of the other assassins dick has dealt with presently.
    I guess you haven't read Seeley's run? It is hard to explain without doing lots of spoilers, but he is very different character than majority of Dick's foes.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I enjoyed it but i really wish that Bruce/Dicks entire conversation was done out of costume.

Astonishing Member

Very much an anniversary issue. Somewhat "loosely" carrying over the ongoing plot thread but just using a big whammy as a reason to showcase some long-running and well-liked Nightwing artists seems like a good "#100" thing to do. I like that they structured it as vignettes within a narrative and not as anthologies. Sure, your Scott McDaniel depiction of Nightwing vs. orange-clad goons isn't going to mesh up 100% with your Bruno Redondo one or whatever, but it wasn't super jarring because of the simplicity of what was going on. Nightwing. Titans. Orange prison breakout. City backgrounds. Really nice to see the artist from the Tim Seeley Rebirth / post-Grayson run. Nice to see Janin pop in for a second, too. He's real busy so even a couple pages was nice.

The last page concept/build is big and logical and one of those "moving the super-hero world forward" things that's like "yeah, this makes total sense and is logical but it's going necessitate a lot of big shifts in what happens in every story". You know, on page one they show the Bludhaven private prison is a tower but I wasn't paying that much attention to the obvious symbolism shifts. And like what it means to have your new Justice Hero Global Team based in a vigilante's backyard that's just a commute away from Gotham. That should cut those crime numbers down by a million.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Fun issue, though admitably the constant positivity makes things pretty saccharine.

It is pretty funny that we get a prison break and we only recognize like what 2 people, Zucco and KG-Beast? Like even if they wouldn't be plot relavent you'd think they would have some find drawing villain cameos and what not.

Also man I can't stand how Redondo draws Starfire. Like he's clearly trying to draw her like Anna Diop but it always looks so off and she just looks ugly instead.

I learned you can actually phase out bail! Never knew that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Also man I can't stand how Redondo draws Starfire. Like he's clearly trying to draw her like Anna Diop but it always looks so off and she just looks ugly instead.
    Is that what he's trying to do?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I guess you haven't read Seeley's run? It is hard to explain without doing lots of spoilers, but he is very different character than majority of Dick's foes.
    I have read it
    So I’m asking about raptor lately since that was quite a bit ago
    What does he want now, is he gonna be a static villain with eke or at grand plans or a transformative villain who evolves a bit in every appearance.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I still don't really get why the JL is stepping back other than for plot reasons, but I guess this is Taylor's chance to show if he can write the Titans as JL level team.
    For that would need to drastically ramp up the threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I have read it
    So I’m asking about raptor lately since that was quite a bit ago
    What does he want now, is he gonna be a static villain with eke or at grand plans or a transformative villain who evolves a bit in every appearance.
    He can be whatever the writer wants him to be [hopefully the last option]. The important thing here is that he was created to be a Nightwing foe and in case you haven't noticed Nightwing's villain gallery is kind of lacking.

Other characters keep poaching his foes. I'd like to re-establish as many as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is that what he's trying to do?
    Apparently its a thing a lot of artists are doing. Would certainly explain the weird way she's being drawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I don't think she looks ugly, but she doesn't appear like Starfire usually looks. But Travis Moore is drawing the next issues with the Titans, so you won't have this problem with her next appearances.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I don't think she looks ugly, but she doesn't appear like Starfire usually looks. But Travis Moore is drawing the next issues with the Titans, so you won't have this problem with her next appearances.

That does look better yeah.

I think its the lips for me, Redondo draws her lips too big and bulky.

Artist often give Starfire black features now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    He can be whatever the writer wants him to be [hopefully the last option]. The important thing here is that he was created to be a Nightwing foe and in case you haven't noticed Nightwing's villain gallery is kind of lacking.

Other characters keep poaching his foes. I'd like to re-establish as many as possible.
    Lacking what more assassins ??? I mean fighting other heroes is what’s allowed Deathstroke become an A list villain beyond the titans and so we’ll known. I can’t mad at it. What other foes have other poached from him?

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Artist often give Starfire black features now.
    I don't see why though. Like, Anna Diop looks great on the show (when they actually give her reasonable outfits) but comic Starfire has a pretty distinct visual and is a literal alien with orange skin.