Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    With 500 years of combat experience and knowledge they'd be foolish not to have her on the team.

I'll also note how the situation between the two with regards to the vast disparity in Vaultra and Synch's actual ages...has gone unmentioned. But when it was the reverse with Synch being the far older in mind to New Laura there was a lot of speculative "hand-wringing".
    Given the way Forge found her, it looked like she'd spent most of that time in stasis; plus there is a completely different relationship dynamic between 2 beings both older then would be considered natural, regardless of the age difference, then one ancient being projecting a centuries long relationship on an 20 year old that didn't share it.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Astonishing Member

With 500 years of combat experience and knowledge they'd be foolish not to have her on the team.

I'll also note how the situation between the two with regards to the vast disparity in Vaultra and Synch's actual ages...has gone unmentioned. But when it was the reverse with Synch being the far older in mind to New Laura there was a lot of speculative "hand-wringing".
    I mean that probably has to do with the fact that this is the actual Laura who Synch had a centuries long romance and not Nu Laura who has no first hand memories of Amy of the Vault stuff.

But that's not how the team works -- members are elected once per year and she wasn't.

And re: the age difference, I think 1000 vs. 500 or whatever is pretty different than 500 vs. 20. Like, at a certain point you're mature enough that it doesn't really matter anymore, and also their relationship started when they were very near in age, while for non-Vault Laura she had never had a relationship with Synch and he was hundreds of years old.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    But that's not how the team works -- members are elected once per year and she wasn't.

And re: the age difference, I think 1000 vs. 500 or whatever is pretty different than 500 vs. 20. Like, at a certain point you're mature enough that it doesn't really matter anymore, and also their relationship started when they were very near in age, while for non-Vault Laura she had never had a relationship with Synch and he was hundreds of years old.
    This makes a bit more sense if youve read the Captain Marvel issues leading up to this crossover: Lorna Laura and co are just kinda hanging around the Treehouse despite no longer being on the team, so Laura being there is consistent. Hell we've already seen Gambit hanging around when the team first formed

I mean the whole premise of this arc is that it's a teamup. And not to mention one of the people they're teaming up with is the other Laura.

(Chuckling) yeah, funny how that is working out now. I wonder how many Laura is pedo-adjacent due to their age difference. Suggestions of her being a creepy cougar haven't been dropped so far.

I really enjoy how Duggan shows camaraderie in his team book. Jean, Cyclops, Synch—and now with Magik added to the group—feels like such a loving and sincerely close bunch of mutants. I hope this trend continues and those four mutants will stay on the team and Duggan adds even more to the camaraderie love fest. Adding Storm and/or Nightcrawler would be perfect but that would be against the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I really enjoy how Duggan shows camaraderie in his team book. Jean, Cyclops, Synch—and now with Magik added to the group—feels like such a loving and sincerely close bunch of mutants. I hope this trend continues and those four mutants will stay on the team and Duggan adds even more to the camaraderie love fest. Adding Storm and/or Nightcrawler would be perfect but that would be against the rules.
    I agree. There's a family vibe Duggan gives that I enjoy.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I agree. There's a family vibe Duggan gives that I enjoy.
    Same here.

Though, I will say I much prefer when he splits up the team for separate assignments as the camaraderie feels more focused and important to the parties involved so that when they are all together on the page it's natural and earned.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The art looks great in this preview and it's always cool to see Prodigy, but I was really hoping that Synch was throwing that bland costume into the pit.

I wasn't excited for this Brood crossover, but with Caselli handling the art I'm all in. Been a fan of his since "Avengers" Initiative."
    Mutant and Proud!