Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Im not convinced Taylor is writing the team long term, i think he's just setting it up.
    Entirely possible. I dunno how Taylor and DC are gonna spin things. I could see Taylor writing a Titans book, but I can see him handing it off to someone else too. Push come to shove I'd rather see him hand it off. I've enjoyed his Nightwing and I think he'd probably write the competent, professional heroes I demand in a NTT reunion, but I worry he'd lean too hard on the "friendship is magic!" crap where everyone's just so gods damned happy to see each other, all the time, and we've been friends since we were kids and isn't that special and we all love each other so f--king much we're all gonna die! Devon Grayson was infamous for that, I think, and others have done the same and it's just so over the top and takes all the nuance out of these people and all their history. Really sucks the entire reunion dry, IMO.

But you gotta admit the timing might be perfect for Taylor to write the spin-off. Set the reunion up in Nightwing for an arc or so, then launch the series when Jon's mini ends and opens up the room in Taylor's schedule.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

Well,if there was still any doubt about it I guess this answers if they're the "new League" so t speak:

https://www.cbr.com/nightwing-titans...ue-replace-dc/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I wish the Justice League was like it is in cartoons with rotating memberships depending on who is available. Like in arc the league would be Flash, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Black Canary and Superman in another it'd be Zatanna, Plastic Man, Red Tornado, Vixen and Batman and so on
    Yep,the popularity of that 20 year old show is what a lot of people seeming to be looking for. I'm good with either a small or big cast as long it's very good in aspects or writing and art.
    Sorry for stating the obvious. lol

Isn't this what Titans fans wanted? The Titans didn't "graduate" and become JL members and instead are taking over the JL's role as Titans still. Sure, it won't last but they are taking the seven I guess iconic Titans from the classic New Teen Titans #1 cover and are having them fill the role of the seven main Justice League members. I would assume there would eventually be a Titans book but it is a bit early to start wanting to throw in more characters to the team when it hasn't really even started yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Isn't this what Titans fans wanted? The Titans didn't "graduate" and become JL members and instead are taking over the JL's role as Titans still. Sure, it won't last but they are taking the seven I guess iconic Titans from the classic New Teen Titans #1 cover and are having them fill the role of the seven main Justice League members. I would assume there would eventually be a Titans book but it is a bit early to start wanting to throw in more characters to the team when it hasn't really even started yet.
    I can’t speak for everyone, but I would have preferred if the Titans found relevance even if the JL was still active. It’s easier to be the top dogs when the former ones are taking a nap.
    I’d have liked if the Titans became the team citizens can regularly count on for protection, while the League’s mission would be to assemble in moments of major crisis.
    One is approachable and always on the clock, the other are gods acting as Earth’s defense system.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    I think it's Taylor. If it was any other writer they would have just put the team in New York or wherever else instead of Blüdhaven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yeah, the fact that the Titans are based now in Bludhaven would be a restriction for any other writer other than Taylor cause it affects the Nightwing book. Unless they are not permanently based there.
    Super teams don’t just patrol one city. They want it to spin it out of Nightwing, as that has a bit of momentum going for it, and maybe even buy some time as they hammer the creative team down, but Bludhaven doesn’t restrict anything anymore then if they were based out of NY. That’s just where the base is. The JL isn’t asking the team to step up to protect Bludhaven. Taylor’s already writing 2 books, and if he was doing it I think they would have announced a book by now.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-20-2023 at 05:48 PM.

Astonishing Member

The push feels insincere.Has there ever been a situation where a franchise's premiere team didn't have their own book? It might be a matter of logistics with DC waiting to announce a writing staff before making things official,but DC has mismanaged the Titans for years.
    Last edited by king81992; 01-20-2023 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I can’t speak for everyone, but I would have preferred if the Titans found relevance even if the JL was still active. It’s easier to be the top dogs when the former ones are taking a nap.
    I’d have liked if the Titans became the team citizens can regularly count on for protection, while the League’s mission would be to assemble in moments of major crisis.
    One is approachable and always on the clock, the other are gods acting as Earth’s defense system.
    The problem is that no one really cares about random citizens in these kind of stories. I just don't know if it is a strong enough story to really build a book around. Abnett's second Titans run sort of tried to do that with the Titans while the JL was fighting the big threats when the source wall fell or something, but it wasn't that good. It just made the Titans feel second class or not as important. Which has been their issue for decades.

My stance has always been that the Titans as a franchise is at its best when it is about young heroes learning to be heroes on their own. I don't think adult Titans works as a concept and it should always focus on the younger generation of heroes. Dick, Donna, and everyone should have been full JL members ages ago and the JL should operate as this large network of heroes with the main 7 kind of coordinating everyone to go here or there when needed, but they can still work independently too. I mean this is the first time DC has had the Titans take over as Titans rather than using the JL name, but obviously it won't last forever since the JL with Batman, Superman and the others will eventually return because that is the nature of comics.

Incredible Member

Taylor confirmed the Titans are in Nightwing only for a 4-issues arc, so I assume we'll get a book announcement in two months.
    https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...wCnI1Estg&s=19

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Adkins View Post
    Well,if there was still any doubt about it I guess this answers if they're the "new League" so t speak:

https://www.cbr.com/nightwing-titans...ue-replace-dc/
    That's it?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    That's it?
    Yup for Neron arc, I expect Raven to be the deutrogonist

The problem is that no one really cares about random citizens in these kind of stories. I just don't know if it is a strong enough story to really build a book around. Abnett's second Titans run sort of tried to do that with the Titans while the JL was fighting the big threats when the source wall fell or something, but it wasn't that good. It just made the Titans feel second class or not as important. Which has been their issue for decades.

My stance has always been that the Titans as a franchise is at its best when it is about young heroes learning to be heroes on their own. I don't think adult Titans works as a concept and it should always focus on the younger generation of heroes. Dick, Donna, and everyone should have been full JL members ages ago and the JL should operate as this large network of heroes with the main 7 kind of coordinating everyone to go here or there when needed, but they can still work independently too. I mean this is the first time DC has had the Titans take over as Titans rather than using the JL name, but obviously it won't last forever since the JL with Batman, Superman and the others will eventually return because that is the nature of comics.
    Responding to civilian calls would just be the M.O. and the way to start a story, but any writer could take that set-up and blow things up so that the threats go beyond street-level.
    A random distress call could lead the Titans to finding out about an invasion from Apokolips for example.
    This M.O. would just be a way to answer how the Titans and the JL choose their missions and what makes each team different, but both of them could be handling large and exciting threats.

I would treat the Titans as essential for maintaining the world turning. The League’s heroes are so occupied with their own corners that they can’t commit to saving the world on a daily basis as a team like the Titans could, so they need to focus on only extreme situations they detect by their sensors. The Titans would be listening to the people to figure out their priorities.
    Last edited by Factor; 01-21-2023 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Taylor confirmed the Titans are in Nightwing only for a 4-issues arc, so I assume we'll get a book announcement in two months.
    https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...wCnI1Estg&s=19
    If they tease the new book at the ending of #104, they could promo it from Tuesday onwards for the August Solicitations. But DC will have released the promo for the second half of DC Dawn already, which means Titans should be an August or July book.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    A random distress call could lead the Titans to finding out about an invasion from Apokolips for example.
    This M.O. would just be a way to answer how the Titans and the JL choose their missions and what makes each team different, but both of them could be handling large and exciting threats.
    Personally, that's not where I would take it. The Titans at their most successful were all about dealing with each other's baggage.

Remember that Sanctuary concept that Tom King was developing and then it became just a murder mystery?

The Titans should be the ones protecting other heroes as a support group. Their headquarters is a place for people to come and ask for help with the pressure they are under. The two people in Firestorm are trying to resolve their issues, and meanwhile this always leads to the Titans getting involved in some villains' scheme connected to Firestorm.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Super teams don’t just patrol one city. They want it to spin it out of Nightwing, as that has a bit of momentum going for it, and maybe even buy some time as they hammer the creative team down, but Bludhaven doesn’t restrict anything anymore then if they were based out of NY. That’s just where the base is. The JL isn’t asking the team to step up to protect Bludhaven. Taylor’s already writing 2 books, and if he was doing it I think they would have announced a book by now.
    I wasn't really talking about patrolling. I don't expect the Titans to be a team of one city, that doesn't make sense.

What i'm talking about restrictions is that since the base is now in Bludhaven and Tom Taylor has total control of Nightwing and his city, it makes for something like invasions of the Tower and stuff like that more difficult to do, cause the other writer has to talk with Taylor first instead of just making his story. That wouldn't be a problem if the Tower was in NY.

Anything that happens with the Tower in Bludhaven bleeds into Nightwing cause it's his city.

And If we are talking about pros and cons of Taylor being the writer, the last two "Titans" book were derailed by the Nightwing book. The first because he became Batman and the other cause he was Ric Grayson. The book lost it's leader and most popular character and soon after it was canceled. Also, the Nightwing book can be more conected with the Titans one, something we haven't see since he became manily a Bat Character.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.