Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^THATS the team?
    Meh, I am underwhelmed.
    I'm not convinced that the two are one and the same.

Dick is bringing the Titans to Bludhaven, yes. That's happening next month in his book and Taylor has been building towards that for a while. But as far as I know, nobody has said that's going to be the new League-like team. We're all just assuming it is because of the timing and Dick's involvement. But Dick could run both groups, or perhaps he'll be with the Titans only until the new League team starts. Or maybe the Titans *are* going to be the new League-like team, y'never know. But I'm not counting on that, I think after the "death" of the League and the destruction of Titans Academy, both groups need to rebuild and it's not surprising that they'd both look to Nightwing to help lead them into the new era.

^^^You're right on how the team’s line up would need to be geared.

You should post the team you built, I’m curious as to what it looks like.
    Sure, I suppose.

So, I built the roster with the assumption that the Future Staters would be an editorial mandate, and the idea that while this is supposed to be the top-tier group in the near future, but they're still badass and experienced enough to be *a* top-tier group today and give the Big 7 a run for their money and maybe even manage to make themselves sustainable as a title. And like I said, it's influenced a lot by the Satellite era JLA so it's a large group, you wouldn't be using every one of them equally in each issue or story.

Nightwing
    Flash Wally
    Cyborg
    Raven
    Starfire
    Superman Jon
    Wonder Girl Yara
    Batwoman Kate Kane
    Aquaman Kaldur
    Lantern Jessica Cruz
    Atom Ryan
    Black Lightning
    Naomi
    Mr. Terrific
    Vixen
    Stargirl
    Last edited by Ascended; 01-17-2023 at 02:14 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Dick is bringing the Titans to Bludhaven, yes. That's happening next month in his book and Taylor has been building towards that for a while. But as far as I know, nobody has said that's going to be the new League-like team. We're all just assuming it is because of the timing and Dick's involvement. But Dick could run both groups, or perhaps he'll be with the Titans only until the new League team starts. Or maybe the Titans *are* going to be the new League-like team, y'never know. But I'm not counting on that, I think after the "death" of the League and the destruction of Titans Academy, both groups need to rebuild and it's not surprising that they'd both look to Nightwing to help lead them into the new era.
    ^^^You are the voice of reason, Ty. I’m calm now.

Sure, I suppose.

So, I built the roster with the assumption that the Future Staters would be an editorial mandate, and the idea that while this is supposed to be the top-tier group in the near future, but they're still badass and experienced enough to be *a* top-tier group today and give the Big 7 a run for their money and maybe even manage to make themselves sustainable as a title. And like I said, it's influenced a lot by the Satellite era JLA so it's a large group, you wouldn't be using every one of them equally in each issue or story.

Nightwing
    Flash Wally
    Cyborg
    Raven
    Starfire
    Superman Jon
    Wonder Girl Yara
    Batwoman Kate Kane
    Aquaman Kaldur
    Lantern Jessica Cruz
    Atom Ryan
    Black Lightning
    Naomi
    Mr. Terrific
    Vixen
    Stargirl
    ^^^Thank you for sharing!
    The logic you used to choose your members is very solid. And you’re right, it does evoke a next gen satellite League, which is not a bad thing.

My logic wasn’t as solid as yours, but I put a team together, the other day.

• Shazam and J'onn J'onzz are two guys who Superman himself admits could take him on any given day, and Nightwing knows that.

• With Mr. Terrific and The Atom, Nightwing has two of the smartest ppl on the planet on his team. Mr. Terrific’s entire deal is being great at everything he does, and being able to go subatomic makes The Atom the ultimate big picture guy,

• No offense to Wonder Woman, but Nightwing KNOWS Donna Troy. They’ve grown up together and fought across time and space together. In terms of teamwork they can damn near read each other’s minds.

• In The Tornado Twins Nightwing has not one but two speedsters in his corner. Wally West has asked Nightwing to take the volatile siblings and do what he does best as a team leader, help them reach their full potential.

• Zatanna is, quite simply, one of the most accomplished magic users on the planet. She can be a game changer w. just a few words. The fact that she’s a veteran Leaguer and a total team player just gives Nightwing that much more to work with.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    I agree. If you look at the early promos and covers for Dark Crisis, the "rise of the Legacy League" remark (the New Teen Titans are the Legacy League? Even when Wolfman was explicitly trying to avoid that?), as well as what DC was publishing during late 2021/early 2022, it's pretty obvious Dark Crisis was meant to end with the Future State/5G JL taking over.

The original plan probably got dropped for whatever reason (maybe the writer left the project or DC panicked after poor sales). Even the discussion between Batman and Nightwing at the end of Dark Crisis is vague enough to leave it open.
    The logical assumption would be Williamson as writer since he wrote Future State Justice League + Dark Crisis. Makes sense since he was DC's workhorse during this period doing Batman, Robin, Deathstroke and Infinite Frontier/Justice League Incarnate.

Astonishing Member

The Titans are the new main team of Earth 0.

The new Justice " Insert whatever" team will be below the Titans.

Incredible Member

Who is Jace? I know Jon is Superman and Yara is WW. Is it that new GL?

Incredible Member

Sure, I suppose.

Nightwing
    Flash Wally
    Cyborg
    Raven
    Starfire
    Superman Jon
    Wonder Girl Yara
    Batwoman Kate Kane
    Aquaman Kaldur
    Lantern Jessica Cruz
    Atom Ryan
    Black Lightning
    Naomi
    Mr. Terrific
    Vixen
    Stargirl
    I like it! And good point in that the timing might be coincidental and the Titans might not be the "new League."

The Nightwing #101 solicit explicitly calls the Titans "the new premiere team of the DC Universe" so I think it's pretty obvious it's meant to be them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    The logical assumption would be Williamson as writer since he wrote Future State Justice League + Dark Crisis. Makes sense since he was DC's workhorse during this period doing Batman, Robin, Deathstroke and Infinite Frontier/Justice League Incarnate.
    Probably. I liked Williamson's Future State Justice League so I wouldn't mind him writing that team in present time (replacing Andy with Jackson for obvious reasons).

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Adkins View Post
    Who is Jace? I know Jon is Superman and Yara is WW. Is it that new GL?
    The new Batman. The estranged son of longtime Batman ally Lucius Fox.

The new Green Lantern is a woman named Jo Mullein.

Amazing Member

Hell, people don't think it's the "real" League if it's not the Big 7.
    Maybe it's just my age but as someone who grew up with the "Satellite Era" JLA and Giffen/DeMatteis era JL I couldn't disagree more. Honestly, I think more often than not the Big 7 hurts the League. It just becomes too difficult to reconcile what's happening in the individual titles of those who have them with what's going on with the League.

Based on Nightwing 100 his team is the Titans and they are not the JLA. Hopefully they get paired with a writer and artist who are good enough to make the book popular. I would like to see Arsenal and Tempest included abut otherwise I am happy with what we saw in this issue.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    The new Batman. The estranged son of longtime Batman ally Lucius Fox.

The new Green Lantern is a woman named Jo Mullein.
    Ah,okay. Thanks!

Incredible Member

[QUOTE=Leancarp900;6339392]The Nightwing #101 solicit explicitly calls the Titans "the new premiere team of the DC Universe" so I think it's pretty obvious it's meant to be them.

Hmm,I dunno. They're helping him in Bludhaven but it's not real clear if they'll be a stand-in ,so to speak, for the Justice League.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I just can't really see the League as having 'a mission'.
    I could see them having one. Or, at least, telling folks how exactly they're helping and if something goes wrong how they'll be held accountable.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mmurphy1968 View Post
    Maybe it's just my age but as someone who grew up with the "Satellite Era" JLA and Giffen/DeMatteis era JL I couldn't disagree more. Honestly, I think more often than not the Big 7 hurts the League. It just becomes too difficult to reconcile what's happening in the individual titles of those who have them with what's going on with the League.

Based on Nightwing 100 his team is the Titans and they are not the JLA. Hopefully they get paired with a writer and artist who are good enough to make the book popular. I would like to see Arsenal and Tempest included abut otherwise I am happy with what we saw in this issue.
    I watched them as a child when they were simply THE SUPER FRIENDS. Only had a handful of issues when it was the Satellite Era. And then came the Detroit League! lol
    Not knowing the history of the group, all I saw was a new team with some new characters.
    As some others said, a writer generally "cherry picks" whomever they want on the team. And yes, having the right creative team goes a long way in making it work.
    Some want it called Justice Alliance. That's sounds fine. Or even Justice League Infinite or Justice League Unlimited. (Yes,like the cartoon.)
    There has been so many different teams, it's hard for me to make a roster and think, "Wow! I HAVE to read that!"

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^You are the voice of reason, Ty. I’m calm now.
    Ha! Happy to help!

^^^Thank you for sharing!
    The logic you used to choose your members is very solid. And you’re right, it does evoke a next gen satellite League, which is not a bad thing.

My logic wasn’t as solid as yours, but I put a team together, the other day.
    I'm digging your roster. The Tornado Twins are an inspired choice, I think. I forget they exist most days. I really wanted to use Zee in my group too, but just couldn't quite fit her in; I'm glad she got the respect she deserves from your lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    The Nightwing #101 solicit explicitly calls the Titans "the new premiere team of the DC Universe" so I think it's pretty obvious it's meant to be them.
    Does it? I didn't see that.

That being the case you're likely right, but I'll still wait and see; solicits lie and after so many years of DC abusing the Titans it's hard to imagine them trying to elevate the team above the JLA.

Quote Originally Posted by mmurphy1968 View Post
    Maybe it's just my age but as someone who grew up with the "Satellite Era" JLA and Giffen/DeMatteis era JL I couldn't disagree more.
    I think it's something that came about after/during Morrison's JLA. Before that, it seems like fans would accept a Giffen or Satellite or McDuffy type of roster and be cool with it, or at least accept it as the "real" League. But after Morrison? I think something changed.

Personally, I miss the days when the League had a more robust/flexible roster with more varied powers and personalities and skills.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I’m hoping Blue Beetle (Jaime) will be on the roster of the new Titans (now earth’s #1 superhero team). He has a damn movie coming out this year. It often seems like editorial has to twist the writer’s arms to use him on a team or in an event.