Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I mean the roster was pretty bad, it is just not the Justice league if it is mostly made up of C and D listers.
    Hell, people don't think it's the "real" League if it's not the Big 7.

It's the biggest hurdle to getting a new team up and on its feet. And not just a new League team, but any team. Too many readers will say "New team huh? Well why should I read it? The League's the best of the best so what could these other folks even offer?"

It's why I think Dick needs a team that isn't the League, and isn't the Titans. Neither name is going to elevate the group; calling themselves the League won't fly because they're not Big 7 and readers will look at them as a stop-gap, temporary thing. Going by the Titans name will just be seen as another reunion and those don't sell.

I do like Justice Alliance. Or Justice Nation maybe? Justice Legion still has a lot of appeal for me, it harkens to the bright future of the 31st century and is also a name that Morrison used in DC 1 Million, and while that's not a lot of precedence I feel like a new group such as this will need every slight advantage it can get.

Not sure if Jon and Yara would absolutely be used. A year or two ago, yes, and I think Dark Crisis started with the intent of building them up to it. But Wonder Girl couldn't maintain sales, Jon's book ended up being cancelled as well (with a mini to wrap things up, it seems) so I don't think DC sees any major financial gain there. They might still be used, it's not like they'd hurt the book or anything, but without quality sales to help drive the decision I don't think they're as locked-in as DC was likely thinking they'd be. When AT&T/WB first launched the Future State stuff, they had a lot riding on Jon, Yara, and Jace, and thought those guys would be ideal for larger media adaptations. Now, WBD doesn't seem as hot to push them. I still think they'd be ideal members though; they carry important mantles and are popular (just not popular enough to carry a high-selling book) they're still fresh and there's a lot to do with them.

But if Dick still does get a League-like team, I hope it includes more than just him, Wally, and the new kids. Nobody gonna buy that a bunch of rookies are the first and last line of earthly defense. Gotta add some Mr. Terrific, some Vixen maybe, some Black Lightning or Dr. Light. Some folks with experience under their belts who can believably be counted among the best of the best within the fiction itself, if not the sales chart.

Actually built a roster for this one day when I didn't have enough to do. Ended up looking like a next generation Satellite era JLA.
    Last edited by Ascended; 01-16-2023 at 08:53 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    The rumored 5G Justice Alliance was not a bad name.
    According to Bleeding Cool, the reason why the name Justic Alliance was picked was because it was the name of an alternate version of JL which was more diverse

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I was stoked when that league was announced, even if the writer was James Robinson and he was coming off his Cry for Justice story that stinks.

But with all the changes, i never got attached to the book. It has it's moments, but i found it uneven. But knowing now all the job the editorial was doing against him, i can't really fault the guy.
    The same is true for Cry For Justice, really. Editorial wanted to nuke all fictional DC cities except Gotham and Metropolis, kill off all silver age supporting casts and Roy.

Robinson fought against it and managed to convince them to only destroy Star City and kill off Lian Harper (which was still controversial as hell).
    Last edited by Leancarp900; 01-16-2023 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    The same is true for Cry For Justice, really. Editorial wanted to nuke all fictional DC cities except Gotham and Metropolis, kill off all silver age supporting casts and Roy.

Robinson fought against it and managed to convince them to only destroy Star City and kill off Lian Harper (which was still controversial as hell).
    Well, that not surprising.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    But if Dick still does get a League-like team, I hope it includes more than just him, Wally, and the new kids. Nobody gonna buy that a bunch of rookies are the first and last line of earthly defense. Gotta add some Mr. Terrific, some Vixen maybe, some Black Lightning or Dr. Light. Some folks with experience under their belts who can believably be counted among the best of the best within the fiction itself, if not the sales chart.

Actually built a roster for this one day when I didn't have enough to do. Ended up looking like a next generation Satellite era JLA.
    ^^^You're right on how the team’s line up would need to be geared.

You should post the team you built, I’m curious as to what it looks like.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Hell, people don't think it's the "real" League if it's not the Big 7.
    I think it helps to have at least some of them (and among them at least Batman or Superman) on the team.

Otherwise you need to pick at least seasoned experienced heroes. If you have Congorilla, a relatively obscure version of Starman and a teenage Supergirl on the team that not really Justice League level. A Justice League roaster should give you the feeling that they can defend the Earth against Darkdide, the Crime Syndicate or at least an invasion by the Dominators or the Manhunters.
    Last edited by Aahz; 01-16-2023 at 11:12 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Absolutely it was another Berganza editorial drive-by like the McDuffie League.
    Yet McDuffie's run SOLD.

Despite Dudebros throwing fits over 4 black people on the team.

4 that were NOT McDuffie's choice and he admitted one would NOT have been on the team if he had a say in it.

And he had battles with editorial and was according to Gail Simone MISERABLE.

He plotted the book out to issue 50 with Batman and the rest all back on the team.

Robinson took over and took a shot at McDuffie and the rest is history.

The shot was he had all this freedom on the book. Unlike McDuffie who did not.

Astonishing Member

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/nigh...2023-spoilers/
    There's an answer for your question.
    spoilers:
    It's just NTT roster.
    end of spoilers

God, they’re keeping the spoilers:
    pirate look for Beast Boy
    end of spoilers
    Such a dumb move.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    spoilers:
    It's just NTT roster.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, not very exciting.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

spoilers:
    It's just NTT roster.
    end of spoilers
    Can spoilers:
    Redondo not draw a crappy looking Starfire?
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Aw, that's a really nice scene between Dick and Bruce. No spoilers from me though! Honestly thought that might be it and it's...a little underwhelming but also...kind of makes sense, I guess? I dunno. Wait and see, right?

spoilers:
    It's just NTT roster.
    end of spoilers
    Boring!! I'm not wasting my money on that roster

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    It's just NTT roster.
    end of spoilers
    I'm surprised Jon isn't on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Unpopular Opinion: The League's static membership being defined by "DC's greatest heroes" is simultaneously a blessing and a curse.
    Agreed. While I love the Trinity, the League was, for me, the gateway into the DCU. I loved seeing all the different heroes in earlier iterations (JL, JLE, JLoA, JLI) and the quarterlies were divine. I did enjoy Morrison's Big 7 but I resented and disagreed with the way the prior iterations were totally dissed.

I feel like Supes, Bats, and WW all have backstories where they can't reasonably be expected to be there every episode. I feel like they should use the idea from IC and bring them together on the League when shite has truly hit the fan.

Otherwise let those with no books and some of the B and C tiers do stuff. Those without homes would be easier to plot for as well and DC is filled with cool or powerhouse characters