Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Sooooo with multiple Titan Towers located around the Earth, I would assume we're likely to see ALL Titans members getting called back into active duty?
    Can't build all these towers and not have people occupying them right?
    It's a great way to bring ALL the legacy characters under the Titan umbrella!
    One tower with the 5G replacements
    One tower with Young Justice
    One tower with Titans East etc etc
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

The last issue of Crisis popped up on DCUI this week, so I finally got a chance to read it.

I have to admit, I had a bit of déjà vu at the end, as it kinda reminded me of Batman's dialogue with Booster at the end of Generation Lost.
    Hopefully, the universe won't get rebooted before the first issue again.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I think what gets me most about this, is if this does lead to a big team book if Taylor will be the one writing it or not

Its an interesting thing cause he's clearly getting it cause of the acclaim his Nightwing run got but I'm curious whether he can sustain that for an epic team book.

Like Nightwing is not exactly brimming with intense conflict, Dick for the most part steam rolls through every threat in the book specifically because he keeps calling the Titans to help. And there's not much drama, everyone is friendly without any issues to each other. Its a very wholesome feels book so I wonder if his Titans/JL/whatever is just gonna be a constant barrage of sappy moments between the characters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I think what gets me most about this, is if this does lead to a big team book if Taylor will be the one writing it or not

Its an interesting thing cause he's clearly getting it cause of the acclaim his Nightwing run got but I'm curious whether he can sustain that for an epic team book.

Like Nightwing is not exactly brimming with intense conflict, Dick for the most part steam rolls through every threat in the book specifically because he keeps calling the Titans to help. And there's not much drama, everyone is friendly without any issues to each other. Its a very wholesome feels book so I wonder if his Titans/JL/whatever is just gonna be a constant barrage of sappy moments between the characters.
    A Titans run with minimal dysfunction is long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    If we must have a reunion, this is what I want. I don't need college drama, and who's sleeping with who, and arguments that get blown out of proportion. I need some gods damned grown up professionals being utterly kick ass at their job, then maybe having some beers and bbq together after work with their families.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Probably hasn't happened since whoever was on the book before Jurgens.

I wish the Justice League was like it is in cartoons with rotating memberships depending on who is available. Like in arc the league would be Flash, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Black Canary and Superman in another it'd be Zatanna, Plastic Man, Red Tornado, Vixen and Batman and so on

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    If we must have a reunion, this is what I want. I don't need college drama, and who's sleeping with who, and arguments that get blown out of proportion. I need some gods damned grown up professionals being utterly kick ass at their job, then maybe having some beers and bbq together after work with their families.
    ^^^Truth.
    Law enforcement wise most of the Titans started out as rookies w. seasoned field training officers. They became patrolmen able to look out for themselves and each other. By now they should all be detectives of varying grades/ranks; true professionals.

While a little drama should always find its way into their stories it should NOT overshadow their ability to do the job.

I'm not opposed to such a run, but I have some doubts concerning Taylor. Sure, Nightwing is doing well, but his run on Jon has been "meh" overall.

I'll keep an open mind going into it, but yeah.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I'm not opposed to such a run, but I have some doubts concerning Taylor. Sure, Nightwing is doing well, but his run on Jon has been "meh" overall.

I'll keep an open mind going into it, but yeah.
    I think Taylor's bag of tricks needs the right target - so I'm enjoying him a lot on Nightwing, but there was some noise about him a couple of years ago as maybe taking over Green Arrow and I don't think that would work at all. Similarly "give them a dog!" has worked in Nightwing, but fell very flat for Deadshot.

My impression from dipping into the Superman section is that one of the issues people have with SOKE is the lack of 'drama', and that everything is broadly nice? Whereas that's also, in the main, one of the things that his Nightwing has had struck a chord with reviewers who were bored and tired of Bat Family Angst.

My gut instinct is that Titans would play better for him in that regard? Abnett's attempts at "tension" with the Justice League was very unpopular, and often top of the Titans Wishlist is 1) For the characters to interact, and 2) Not be made out to be douches.

I only read a couple of issues of his X-Men Red, was that mostly liked?

Well, Abnett idea of Drama with the Justice League was to make the leaguers like overzealous parents and the Titans their subjugated children.
    It was humiliating see theses characters being grounded and saying stuff like "Are you proud of me?" or "This is a job for the big guns, we shouldn't be here".
    And even in the second phase of his book, the Titans still answered to the league.

At least i know Tom Taylor won't try to minimize them in their own book.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Im not convinced Taylor is writing the team long term, i think he's just setting it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Im not convinced Taylor is writing the team long term, i think he's just setting it up.
    Could be. The lineup on the last page is the original Wolfman Perez lineup and that's something that's a good starting point for another writer who would be free to add their particular selections for additionals and other changes.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I think it's Taylor. If it was any other writer they would have just put the team in New York or wherever else instead of Blüdhaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    I think it's Taylor. If it was any other writer they would have just put the team in New York or wherever else instead of Blüdhaven.
    Yeah, the fact that the Titans are based now in Bludhaven would be a restriction for any other writer other than Taylor cause it affects the Nightwing book. Unless they are not permanently based there.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.