Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AVENGERS vs JL

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Do JLA 1 Million part of the Justice League in this thread?
    Or the Stone Age Avengers? Or Avenger Prime?

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Or the Stone Age Avengers? Or Avenger Prime?
    Stone Age Avengers with Dino Justice League...

I know the next crossover I want.

Spectacular Member

Diana kal el & flash move ftl way to quick for avengers to react. Any of the 3 could solo.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    Diana kal el & flash move ftl way to quick for avengers to react. Any of the 3 could solo.
    To comment about the idea of the Sentry being solo'd by a quick pick of these characters, Bob (who was all over multiple Avengers team iterations for years in a row in order to count for full membership, and had most of his pre-merging high-end feats happen within those comics, the shorter answer was nope.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    Those three in normal forms have zero chance against Sentry or current Thor.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    To comment about the idea of the Sentry being solo'd by a quick pick of these characters, Bob (who was all over multiple Avengers team iterations for years in a row in order to count for full membership, and had most of his pre-merging high-end feats happen within those comics, the shorter answer was nope.
    Let's also not underestimate Monica. She's also able to travel at light speed. For a while she served as a regular Avenger in New York while living in Louisianna.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Let's also not underestimate Monica. She's also able to travel at light speed. For a while she served as a regular Avenger in New York while living in Louisianna.
    Well… umm… Monica’s very powerful and definitely fast enough against everyone but Flash, but let’s not too put much weight on writers’ understanding of travel to and from accommodation.

For a while Living Lightning was one of several Avengers serving from a remote space station because supposedly he could get there and back quicker than most other Avengers. The fact that lightning doesn’t travel so well in a vacuum seemed irrelevant.

Comic writers no do so much with the clever science-y thinking.
    Chief Curmudgeon

(Also why would you want a human lightning bolt onboard a station that’s only kept working through sensitive electronic equipment?)
    Chief Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Well… umm… Monica’s very powerful and definitely fast enough against everyone but Flash, but let’s not too put much weight on writers’ understanding of travel to and from accommodation.

For a while Living Lightning was one of several Avengers serving from a remote space station because supposedly he could get there and back quicker than most other Avengers. The fact that lightning doesn’t travel so well in a vacuum seemed irrelevant.

If you're not going to examine how crazy Flash's powers are, I'm willing to overlook Monica's powers not making sense either.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    If you're not going to examine how crazy Flash's powers are, I'm willing to overlook Monica's powers not making sense either.
    I’ll happily take that deal.
    Chief Curmudgeon

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

At least it's not Storm making nuclear explosions.

(Also why would you want a human lightning bolt onboard a station that’s only kept working through sensitive electronic equipment?)
    Probably the decision of an engineer.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Swiss army nerd

Superman has had a big power boost lately - I think the only feat to its name is coming back from another galaxy in seconds, but that's still hella fast and has an impact here. Writer says he's at pre-crisis levels now. Like I say, feats aren't there yet as it's only just occurred.

LexClark.jpg
    FleJ-hIWYAcL4re.jpg

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    Superman has had a big power boost lately - I think the only feat to its name is coming back from another galaxy in seconds, but that's still hella fast and has an impact here. Writer says he's at pre-crisis levels now. Like I say, feats aren't there yet as it's only just occurred.

LexClark.jpg
    FleJ-hIWYAcL4re.jpg
    The term "Canis Major System," is a bit misnomer because "Canis Major" could refer to either a constellation [sic: a collection of stars and systems] or a Dwarf Galaxy that is intertwined with the Milky Way Galaxy, so depending on where in those enormous spaces Superman was sent, this could refer to distances of anywhere of any from 8.6 Lightyears away (Sirius) up to 25,000 lightyears (parts of the Monoceros Ring).

He might have meant the system around the star VY Canis Majoris which is ~3,900 lightyears, so that's pretty far.

But like, our nearest spiral galaxy [as in a galaxy on the same scale as the Milky Way], Andromeda, is 2,000,000 lightyears away so the difference in the distances are pretty profound.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 01-25-2023 at 05:26 AM.

Well in jla vs avengers the avengers had it won till captain america threw the fight teaming with batman who refused to fight cap saying he will lose if they fight.

Yeah, but the Avengers have Squirrel Girl.
    They did a every member jla vs avengers battle years ago on another site and squirrel girl had to be banned. JLa lost if she is there. They had no way to win and to be fair to the jla she was removed. Captain universe and spectre was fine, but she was the one to break it! Lol.

But the JLA get Lobo.
    She beat galactus in seconds with her bare hands. Lobos a goner.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Well in jla vs avengers the avengers had it won till captain america threw the fight teaming with batman who refused to fight cap saying he will lose if they fight.
    That's a crossover so it's not canon. And the Avengers almost won because Quicksilver was holding a MacGuffin that both teams were after. It's got very little about who would fight to the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    She beat galactus in seconds with her bare hands. Lobos a goner.
    She's done no such thing. She talked Galactus down from attacking the planet.