Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Ms. Marvel, #8

• Kamala crosses paths with Inhumanity for the first time -- by meeting the royal pup, Lockjaw!
    • Every girl wants a puppy, but this one may be too much of a handful, even for a super hero with embiggening powers.
    • He may be the Queen's pooch, but this dog's one royal pain in the neck.
    • And the return of Adrian Alphona!

Full article here.

So apparently none of the general public recognises Lockjaw. Take it he doesn't get out much.
    I've seen things you posters wouldn't believe. Ad-spammers aflame off the shoulder of
    rec.arts.sf.written. I watched cancel posts glitter in the ether near the usenet gateway.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like beer in the rain. Time to unsubscribe.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by snark^ View Post
    So apparently none of the general public recognises Lockjaw. Take it he doesn't get out much.
    Given how isolated the Inhumans were (deliberately so) until very recently, I imagine the general public wouldn't recognize any of the Inhumans.

This looks great! But I am not convinced that Kamala's parents would give in on the dog - especially a dog the size of a lion - so easily. I love Kamala's response to seeing Lockjaw for the first time.

I love the "Frozen" reference. I guess Lockjaw doesn't need "warm hugs" just "hugs"!
    Last edited by ShaunN; 09-05-2014 at 03:15 AM.

I don't care if it is some random crossover with the Inhumans, I still think it's pretty awesome that Ms. Marvel's pet is Lockjaw now. I do wonder how that is going to work out with Black Bolt using him as well?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I don't care if it is some random crossover with the Inhumans, I still think it's pretty awesome that Ms. Marvel's pet is Lockjaw now. I do wonder how that is going to work out with Black Bolt using him as well?
    Teleporter. Easy peasy.

Teleporters and super speedster are really the only justifiable characters that SHOULD be able to appear in multiple titles without fandom putting up a big stink -- unlike say, Wolverine showing up in 14 books, etc.

So... Having Lockjaw as a pet that lives at her house is totally going to blow her secret identity.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

This is adorable. This is why Kamala Khan has endeared herself to me and so many. She just keeps finding new ways to be lovable. Sure, this is going to probably blow her identity. And sure, Marvel will probably ignore that the same way DC ignores how many people know Bruce Wayne's identity. But that doesn't make this series any less fun.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    This is adorable. This is why Kamala Khan has endeared herself to me and so many. She just keeps finding new ways to be lovable. Sure, this is going to probably blow her identity. And sure, Marvel will probably ignore that the same way DC ignores how many people know Bruce Wayne's identity. But that doesn't make this series any less fun.
    This is true. In fact I'm hoping for some sort of wildly implausable explanation to people around her that they just shrug off as good enough.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    So... Having Lockjaw as a pet that lives at her house is totally going to blow her secret identity.
    How's that?
    A giant dog in her backyard is going to reveal her identity?
    I suppose if she takes Lockjaw on adventures with her? But then again... what are the odds of the exact same people who see her out adventuring, seeing her in her backyard too?
    Also... shape shifting. <shrug>

There are ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    How's that?
    A giant dog in her backyard is going to reveal her identity?
    I suppose if she takes Lockjaw on adventures with her? But then again... what are the odds of the exact same people who see her out adventuring, seeing her in her backyard too?
    Also... shape shifting. <shrug>

There are ways.
    It's not like Lockjaw is just a big dog though, he's pretty unique looking. I'm sure the neighbors would notice if they saw the dog on tv. Either way though, this title looks to continue being fun, which is great.

Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

Kamala and Lockjaw are basically a match made in heaven.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Looking forward to this, should be a fun issue with Kamala and Lockjaw interaction.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I don't care if it is some random crossover with the Inhumans, I still think it's pretty awesome that Ms. Marvel's pet is Lockjaw now.
    It's not that random, Ms. Marvel is an inhuman, and at the end of #7 Medusa sent Lockjaw on purpose - I agree it's awesome that she's adopted him now though, I hope he stays as part of her supporting cast and isn't just there to introduce the rest of the inhumans to her (though he's obviously going to also be used to do that). I'm also looking forward to see how well (or not) she does get along with Medusa and co.

I doubt Lockjaw is actually going to stay with Kamala full-time. He'll likely be living in Attilan again once his purpose in guiding her to Medusa is done, though he'll still pal around with her (benefits of being a teleporter in that he can come and go when he wants).
    Last edited by Myetche; 09-05-2014 at 03:08 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    I doubt Lockjaw is actually going to stay with Kamala full-time. He'll likely be living in Attilan again once his purpose in guiding her to Medusa is done, though he'll still pal around with her (benefits of being a teleporter in that he can come and go when he wants).
    Of course; she obviously won't actually get to *keep* him, but I can certainly see him being a regular member of her supporting cast. Afterall, as you say, he is a teleporter so he can turn up in Jersey whenever he likes, it's not as if living in Attilan puts him too far away or anything.