Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Face would have to channel his power through the other end. He thinks it's less embarrassing this way (just think what his Code Name would have to be.)

It doesn't matter if we disagree with a writer's intention or excuse, or not...we make up our own head-canons for anything and everything, anyways. Karma keeping her prosthetic should be no different.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-22-2023 at 07:16 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Face would have to channel his power through the other end. He thinks it's less embarrassing this way.

It doesn't matter if we disagree with a writer's intention or excuse, or not...we make up our own head-canons for anything and everything, anyways. Karma keeping her prosthetic should be no different.

My point is they seem to be going out of their way to show characters with disabilities going through resurrection keeping those disabilities. I just want them to show the other side. Someone with a disability going through resurrection and not having their disability anymore.

Someone like Face would probably not only want to have his face back...he may even want to have his mutant abilities removed considering if he uses them he blows his own face off.

I can only imagine how that last part might go over.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Overthinking, limited Suspension of Disbelief...and a lack of humour...are the bane of comic book enjoyment.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

Overthinking, limited Suspension of Disbelief...and a lack of humour...are the bane of comic book enjoyment.
    I want more depth and complexity to my stories.

Some of this may be a little beyond the scope of this thread...

If there are mutants keeping their disabilities after resurrection...fine. They have their reasons. But what about the other side of that equation.

I also want to see mutants who don't want anything to do with Krakoa for whatever reasons. Criminals like Whirlwind and his reasons were shown in the Annual. But what about others like Justice? Why has he not shown up? Does he believe Krakoa is destined to fail? Does he have an issue with the fact that all the criminals, terrorists, etc..just got a free pass?

Or where are the mutants who think the QC is wrong for just appointing themselves...and being the only ones who appoint new members? Where are the mutants who want to actually have elections where the people choose their representatives.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

I truly understand what your asking for...and it's quite reasonable in the grand scheme of things but...

You really can't expect that a writer will devote time and story pages to have every mutant who doesn't want or accept Krakoa's "gift" have their moment. We have to take it on faith based on that one example (and the Morlocks) that there are those who don't want it...for any number of reasons. That there are mutants who hate that major villains have been given a "free pass". That some are not at all enamoured with the QC, and any number of other "detractions" towards Krakoa:Mutant Nation we can think of.

But just because it's not shown on the page the way we want to be shown doesn't mean that the writers didn't consider it. They most likely did (I'm certain they did, they are experienced accomplished writers, after all) and opted not to for the sake of the story they actually do want to write.

And...What some fans want/expect very rarely matches up with what the writers put out...that's been a given since the dawn of this Industry.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-22-2023 at 07:43 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I truly understand what your asking for...and it's quite reasonable in the grand scheme of things but...

You really can't expect that a writer will devote time and story pages to have every mutant who doesn't want or accept Krakoa's "gift" have their moment. We have to take it on faith based on that one example (and the Morlocks) that there are those who don't want it...for any number of reasons. That there are mutants who hate that major villains have been given a "free pass". That some are not at all enamoured with the QC, and any number of other "detractions" towards Krakoa:Mutant Nation we can think of.

But just because it's not shown on the page the way we want to be shown doesn't mean that the writers didn't consider it. They most likely did (I'm certain they did, they are experienced accomplished writers, after all) and opted not to for the sake of the story they actually do want to write. And...What some fans want/expect very rarely match up with what the writers put out...that's been a given since the dawn of this Industry.
    I am not saying everyone...but one or two over the course of what they have already done would not be unreasonable.

The X-Men team up with Justice to defend a group of Karakoans travelling through the NYC gate...in the aftermath...

Cyclops: So Justice...why haven't you visited Krakoa?
    Justice: Because you are a bunch of terrorist sympathizers who believe some of the worst criminal scumbags in history should be allowed to walk free under the delusion they are poor, oppressed mutants.

They have so many X-Books telling so many stories it seems to me they don't want to tell those stories because even with some minor dissents it appears all mutants have drank a big old red solo cup of Krakoan Kool-Aid.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 01-22-2023 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I want more depth and complexity to my stories.

Some of this may be a little beyond the scope of this thread...
    I made a separate thread for this branch of the discussion:
    Resurrection Protocols and Mutant Body Modification
    Last edited by Thirteen; 01-22-2023 at 08:37 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I am not saying everyone...but one or two over the course of what they have already done would not be unreasonable.

The X-Men team up with Justice to defend a group of Karakoans travelling through the NYC gate...in the aftermath...

Cyclops: So Justice...why haven't you visited Krakoa?
    Justice: Because you are a bunch of terrorist sympathizers who believe some of the worst criminal scumbags in history should be allowed to walk free under the delusion they are poor, oppressed mutants.

They have so many X-Books telling so many stories it seems to me they don't want to tell those stories because even with some minor dissents it appears all mutants have drank a big old red solo cup of Krakoan Kool-Aid.
    Again, quite understandable.

The problem with the "one or two" you want is that they don't factor in the stories the writers are telling. Has Face ever showed up, anywhere since this era started?

I suspect one of the main reasons why they haven't gone the way of "correcting one's disability" is because it inherently goes against one of the foundations upon which The X-Men stand..."Accept us for who we are, as we accept ourselves"

That's not to say a writer can't devote a story or two to air those grievances...they absolutely should. In fact, I think that's what the digital/unlimited line should be doing instead of the **** and fockery for storytelling and nonsense charactersations they've done so far. But again...the main stories in the main books we're reading are telling quite different narratives that have nothing to do with the grievances of a few.

Extraordinary Member

Again, quite understandable.

The problem with the "one or two" you want is that they don't factor in the stories the writers are telling. Has Face ever showed up, anywhere since this era started?

I suspect one of the main reasons why they haven't gone the way of "correcting one's disability" is because it inherently goes against one of the foundations upon which The X-Men stand..."Accept us for who we are, as we accept ourselves"

That's not to say a writer can't devote a story or two to air those grievances...they absolutely should. In fact, I think that's what the digital/unlimited line should be doing instead of the **** and fockery for storytelling and nonsense charactersations they've done so far. But again...the main stories in the main books we're reading are telling quite different narratives that have nothing to do with the grievances of a few.
    I am going to stop derailing the karma thread and take this over here...https://community.cbr.com/showthread...y-Modification

Ah, but DO they accept that disability?

Like the Sunfire example. He wanted to NOT be disabled. Just writing them the same as before is lazy. Having a character die, then get reincarnated by growing a new body from scratch with temporal acceleration... and looking exactly the same? Logically you wouldn't have stuff like scars.

Chamber..... that's an example of a mutant where it's not clear if the "disability" is inevitable. And yeah, Face kinda fits that too. But... has that been explored?

An seemingly thematically awkward cover image for a book called "LETHAL LEGION" but appreciate the prominent featuring of KARMA.

Lethal Legion Karma Cover.jpg
    Last edited by Thirteen; 03-06-2023 at 11:49 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Adore Karma. It's cool to see a character created awhile ago, get really good development in the back half of her existence.