Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Of course but blaming the comics for not having material for an obscure character the put in limbo 20+ years ago and someone else decided to reimagine and put into a TV show is like blaming the writer of the Teen Diana stories for the Donna Troy mess.

Having Synergy between Comics and other media would be easier achived, if the "other media" would stay mostly comics accurate.
    That can NOT happen. At least at DC and Marvel.

Production of products happen at different times.

And which media has the final say???

It would have to be the Tv and movie said. Who would both say "We don't care how much those comic nerds or your writers HATE characters like Duke, Harper Row, Bernard and certain others. If we are using them-they needs to be active in books."

Because the tv and movie side says "Unlike the comic side-we can find who don't care who the first Green Lantern or Flash was. We can make Cyborg interested and move beyond man versus machine. No more Heroes in Crisis or killing off the Justice League for the 50th time."

This stuff does not have to match.

Nobody expected GI Joe and Transformers at Marvel Comics to match the respective tv shows.
    Even if you had guys from those shows doing the comics.

The Star Trek comics at DC and Marvel took place between movies and seasons. And still did not match. Comic Spock never died as Star Trek 2 was not a comic adaptation. Instead he commanded a ship and fell back into a coma just in time for Star Trek 4 and his crew were all killed off.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    that's never happening.
    Maybe but you can't really complain about a lack of synergy with comics if you have shows like Young Justice that drastically diverge from the comics, but have status quo that this stuff would have been introduced in the comics a decade (or several dacades ago).

And if we are talking about Bumblebee, she is a character that was a member of the teen Titans for about 8 isses in the late 70s and mostly as the Girlfriend of a guy, of whom the writers had apparently no idea what to do with him. So it is not really surprising that DC is not putting out many comics with her.
    Her role at least in Teen Titans and Young Justice was also pretty minor, I doubt that the cross over between people that buy main continuity comics and the ones that watch Superhero Girls or Teen Titans Go is particularly large...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/a-ne...hapter-eleven/

5G was apparently a Batman/Superman vehicle anyways.

The ending was basically the death of Batman and Superman:

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/the-...apter-fifteen/
    I wouldn't mind reading this Justice Alliance as an alternate universe title/s just like Earth 2 title in the New 52.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Nope to all that.

The 5G plan was already set when I met Dan Didio. Aside from the battery being destroyed, nothing I wrote was influenced by it or changed after the fact. Didio was out within three weeks of buying my initial pitch and I wasn't asked to do FUTURE STATE until weeks after that.

There was no vestigial work that I repurposed because I was never part of the original 5G initiative and it was dead before they gave me control of the GL series.
    Appreciated as always for providing clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    I wouldn't mind reading this Justice Alliance as an alternate universe title/s just like Earth 2 title in the New 52.
    It's a way to revamp the Earth One graphic novel line.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-26-2023 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Generally your causal and most of the comic book audience understands the differences in a comic or OGN versus a movie or tv show. Unless they are told this is all in universe and this happens between this show or movie.

Like IDW's Star Trek took place between the Abrams movies with on issue introducing someone before the movie came out.

Marvel and DC's Star Trek took place between seasons and movies with nothing major happening to anyone in the main or reoccurring cast.

The problem that DC (and Marvel) face and at times refuse to address-because certain fandoms or even employees take issue with is who tends to be in the movies and shows outside of guys like Batman, Superman & WW. Are the ones that are poorly written, developed, never seen or other things.

Take Monica (Spectrum) at Marvel. Now she is in a movie and suddenly Marvel is rushing to get trade material for her after letting a certain writer toss her aside and the one person who tried to do anything for her was McDuffie.

Take Bumblebee-nothing for 50 years in comics. Yet 3 cartoon shows can get her toys, a non-comic book and video game appearances.

Shouldn't have to struggle to get book material for whoever is on the tv or in movies.
    Monica reverted to one of her previous codenames, Photon, in her current mini. Editorial edict apparently, which makes you wonder if it's movie synergy (though they did get that wrong before, like when they retconned Carol as half-Kree and changed America Chavez's origins - the movies used the classic origin for both). The movie is called The Marvels, so I won't be surprised if she just shares the Captain Marvel name with Carol instead. It's the name Monica was using when she first appeared in the comics after all.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Enh.. this happens in comics too. like the infamous Donna Troy thing. The original Wonder Girl was just teen Diana, then the Wonder Girl character got used for... not that.
    That was accidental. Wonder Girl had appeared in imaginary stories in which Diana teamed up with two younger selves - a teenager and toddler (Wonder Tot). The first Teen Titans writer apparently thought she was a Robin type, when she was actually a Superboy type, resulting in the Donna Troy identity needing to be retconned into her backstory later.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-26-2023 at 06:57 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That was accidental. Wonder Girl had appeared in imaginary stories in which Diana teamed up with two younger selves - a teenager and toddler (Wonder Tot). The first Teen Titans writer apparently thought she was a Robin type, when she was actually a Superboy type, resulting in the Donna Troy identity needing to be retconned into her backstory later.
    I suppose it's a valid point that the incident might have been an accident? either way.... point was that it was an adaptation of sorts that failed to adapt the character properly.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Used to be able to go to the app and see what was “most read”. It never changed, it was always the same series: Injustice, Batman (Rebirth), The Flash (Rebirth), New 52 JL, Scott Snyder JL, Injustice 2, Detective Comics, and either Metal or Action Comics. Williamson Flash was the only series that wasn’t Batman or Superman related, he got to do the 100 issue run King aimed for but fell short of. Personal tastes aside, Williamson wrote the definitive modern Flash run, at least for Barry anyway.

Looks like they got rid of that for DCUI, now we can’t see what’s most read anymore.
    Williamson isn't top 5 Flash run but for Barry , I think only Cary bates and Broome runs were as memorable for the character. Some people may prefer Manapul/Bucellato but Williamson(and the TV show) put Barry on the map.
    Jeremy on the other hand he had a harder work because Wally have 3 great runs (Moesser, Waid and Geof) with 2 good short runs(First 12 Volume 2 issues and Morrison/Millar) but he already did things that Waid final run lacked(Wally's sons are better writen)