Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I have a recurring dream where I'm still in college. I realize it's finals week and there is a class I intended to drop but never did. I've never been to the class since the first day of school and I never studied, took one exam, or turned in any homework. I'm going to fail for sure. Then I wake up in a cold sweat.
    That's somewhat similar to my recurring dream, even though I've had variations of it. The interesting thing is that I have some friends who have commented they've had similar dreams related to not completing their university studies, despite the fact that we all finished several years ago. Definitely interesting that you have a similar recurring dream!

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Sorry, guys, you're not special.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Sorry, guys, you're not special.
    Haha. I've had others from that list as well (falling, flying, being chased) but the university one is the most recurring.

It's super interesting how our subconscious works.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

I'm kind of wondering if we could make education less traumatizing so that it won't keep eating at our subconscious decades later.

I'm kind of wondering if we could make education less traumatizing so that it won't keep eating at our subconscious decades later.
    ... too late for me though!

I don't know, my education wasn't traumatizing (apart from some bullying, but that's a different thing) and I also have those dreams from time to time. I think it might be the fear of failure that many people have, depending on their disposition. Some people just care about such things too much and some not at all.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Humoros nuisance The PhantomDreamlander's Avatar

Lightbulb

I vaguely recall another dream i had it was quite a while ago it looked like a 90’s cartoon and it took place in some city alleyway that was pretty foggy. and it featured this real big intimadting bald guy who resembled one of the characters i had come up with before aside from him not being a clown and his name not being Riley, he was approaching this cartoon dog creature or i atleast remember it looking like a dog. but after that im pretty sure nothing else happened.

Im pretty sure the main reason i had that dream was because that night i ultimatley was trying to come up with weird bizzare stuff, somewhat of a traditon of mine during the night time and that dream was a sort of very loose interpretation of the weird ideas i had.
    Last edited by The PhantomDreamlander; 03-06-2023 at 01:08 PM.
    ya see the thing with humor is that it could either be real funny or completley terrible, the nightmare comes with everyone thinking your unfunny.

Astonishing Member

I’m me but not me. I didn’t look like me. I’m in a futuristic gladiator type costume losing a fight. My opponent says to me Isn’t a shame,Valvulois( or whatever my name was” as he spins me in an airplane spin “ Your treachery and avarice have left you with nothing and he lets go, sets me flying and I awaken with such an impression of impact...having landed in my bed. That one still makes me wonder sometimes about other realms and the nature of reality.
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 03-12-2023 at 01:51 PM.

Astonishing Member

Once I had a dream that was more feeling than anything. There was hardly any visual or audio aspect it was more an emotion or feeling.My soul was crammed into this cramp space with all these other souls .The was all this murmuring and we were all so along. And then this other somehow very familiar soul tried to desperately and remorsefully tried to embrace me but I turned her away. My name for that place is the Great well of souls.
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 03-13-2023 at 07:50 AM.

Last night I was a doctor standing in a room adjacent to an indoor shooting range with a friend named Michael who was a high-ranking police official and another who was some sort of politician.
    The politician was holding some kind of automatic rifle he proceeded to dismantle. " So I'm told we can strip this down to a smaller weapon," he said as he stripped the long barrel and stock from the rifle, finally handing me a gun similar to a modern semi-automatic handgun.
    "How loyal are you to the Monarchy?" I asked Michael, the police official.
    "What are you asking? he said.
    "I'm saying we can end this situation right now if we decide to. That is if we're willing." I said sliding the mechanism of the gun, chambering a round, and clicking off the safety.
    We knew the King himself was resting in an adjacent room, completely vulnerable.
    "I'm completely loyal to the crown," Michael said.
    "Of course you are," I said, as I clicked the safety back on the gun and reversed my grip, handing it to Michael, by the barrel.
    "Long live the King," I said and laughed along with the politician.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

The most recent dream I remember is a big frog, like the size of a dog and he is talking to me but I can't remember what he said to me. The weirdest part is that there was this motor sound but no car/truck in sight. The frog was surrounded in black.

Was it a dream or hallucinations? Both maybe. I usually don’t remember my dreams.

Last month, I had a brain accident. All I remember is a “strange dream” where my brother became evil, was testing me, like as I was in a sadistic action movie. His wife left him and he was going through a life crisis. Then I met a normal version of him accompanied by his wife and came to the conclusion parallel universes were colliding. At the beginning of the “dream”, I read a magazine where my name, my brother’s name and his wife were mentionned: in an article, everything was explained. It happened twice before. In one reality, I end sueing my brother and, in another reality, I died.
    I thought I was in a sort of video game my brother created, I “jumped” in and out all the time. Thanks to the magazine, I found a link to a video on Internet where we were “filmed”. At one point, the pictures where I saw my tombstone and me being alive were mixed. Then I put another blanket on me, (I didn’t realize it was so cold) and only the pictures where I was alive appeared. Towards the end, I saw my brother playing in a sort of Hellfest concert. And then at the end we talked, we reconciliated, I suppose. The universes merge, or “the one with the good brother” won… That was the first part of my dream.

The second part was more peaceful. It could be summarized by “the benevolent alien neurosurgeons”. I was immersed in an Escher universe: the gravity changed direction depending on the surface (benevolent” because they were taking care of people with no money). The hospital staff looked human though except for a very tall woman: her head was in the position of her feet and inversely. For a while, each time I did a relaxation exercice, closed my eyes and opened them, I changed of place… Sometimes, the direction of gravity changed…

Little by little the reality became less strange. I thought for a while though that I was stuck in the same day and that it didn’t progress…

Now, I’m completely back in the plain, ordinary reality…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe