Page 17 of 62 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Actually, now that Yara's around Cassie could do with a rebrand. Fury would fit the bill, and that's a JSA related identity.

Speaking of rebrands, Power Girl's changing her secret identity. Karen Starr is no more.
    https://www.cbr.com/superman-power-g...e-karen-paige/
    Geez, more and more I deslike the "Jon Sue" character of Jon Kent.

Peace

Ha, yeah, if you was a golden age hero or are the legacy of one, you're in the JSA. And even some who weren't were in the team (Lightning for example, who's the daughter and therefore legacy of Justice League member Black Lightning).
    And don't forget Blue Devil somehow got mixed in later on as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And don't forget Blue Devil somehow got mixed in later on as well.
    But that was Guggenheim's idea alongside the tea-pot costume of Alan Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Doesn't mater: as far as I know, nobody has officially declared his run was all a bad dream or an "Imaginary Story" (much as some of us wish they would).

We're still stuck with it ALL happened.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    I don't see “Power Girl, phychic therapist” lasting. Maybe a year or two; but no more than that.
    I hope it doesn't persist after this initial thing is over. It is a terrible idea. As is the name change thing.

Actually, now that Yara's around Cassie could do with a rebrand. Fury would fit the bill, and that's a JSA related identity.

Speaking of rebrands, Power Girl's changing her secret identity. Karen Starr is no more.
    https://www.cbr.com/superman-power-g...e-karen-paige/

Go figure... I wondered how long they would ignore the fact that Power Girl has short blond hair and is named "Karen" in today's day and age.

Yeah, it has negative connotations. And it actually makes sense in universe too. After all New 52 is still in continuity, and we know that the PG who was around then and the current one are NOT one and the same. That PG is from the current Earth-2, the current one is the pre-Flashpoint one from a previous destroyed universe that had that same designation. New 52 Power Girl went home, and Karen gave her codename to Tanya Spears (current PG not being the one she knows is probably why she changed her name to Powerhouse in Future State, a change that'd probably apply to the main continuity if she shows up again). At that point, the Karen Starr identity would've probably been declared dead. Pre-Flashpoint PG returns, discovers she can't use her previous secret identity any more. And just doesn't create a new secret identity straight away. Even when she started working with Omen, it turns out Lilith only calls her PG or Peej. Which is obviously no good for a secret identity. Of course, even if Kara does decide to call herself Paige, she'll need a new surname too. Given her being distant from the rest of the Super family, I can't see her using Kent.

The exact same explanation can be used to explain why Supergirl is no longer Linda Danvers - as the 90s Supergirl who wasn't a version of Kara also had that civilian name and Kara's pre-Crisis secret identity of that name would've been declared dead. Earth-0 Kara has used a few names since she came back in the 2000s (Claire Conners, Kara Kent, Linda Lang, and most recently Kara Danvers, the last name there being a coincidence as she happened to be taken in by DEO agents with that name). Thanks to the TV show Kara Danvers might actually stick, despite the comics not actually having used any human name for her for a few years now. It'd be the same for Power Girl - any new name used in an adaptation (TV/film) would probably stick. Of course we don't know of any plans for such things...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I thought we all agreed that we would never speak of the Green Teapot costume again.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    I thought we all agreed that we would never speak of the Green Teapot costume again.
    I know I signed that petition...

So….I’m gonna assume it’s fair game to talk Stargirl lost children now? Cool.

spoilers:
    Alright now clearly robot Hourman is working for someone who is aware of reality warping taking out long forgotten sidekicks. Although perhaps it’s tied to the Watchmen because Emiko is counted among them and she only came into existence because of Doctor Manhattan’s tampering. But that’s just speculation, could also easily be Degaton doing evil stuff again by manipulating a former JSA member to harm golden age history.
    end of spoilers

Also while it’s clear some of the new kids are coming to the present there are too many forgotten sidekicks for them all to come to the present. I’m looking at least 20 characters here.

Best bet for present day kids joining JSA are Judy, Quiz Kid, Cherry Bomb, Salem, Lady Bug, and Tick-tock. John Henry Jr I could see making his way to the Steelworks book.
    Last edited by sifighter; 03-30-2023 at 07:52 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

I suspect it’s the fact that all the events that allow for her existence (the Outsider clans and Robert Queen’s obsession, Oliver being much younger etc) were overwritten by Doomsday Clock and Death Metal

I would wager that Xanadu getting a look at the snow globe will call Clark back to Prime Earth

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I suspect it’s the fact that all the events that allow for her existence (the Outsider clans and Robert Queen’s obsession, Oliver being much younger etc) were overwritten by Doomsday Clock and Death Metal

I would wager that Xanadu getting a look at the snow globe will call Clark back to Prime Earth
    Oh yeah no doubt Clark aka the Watchman has noticed his adoptive fathers energy coming off of Helena rocketing through time, but Xanadu will allow Clark to really pinpoint the location.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So….I’m gonna assume it’s fair game to talk Stargirl lost children now? Cool.
    Maybe you should wait since not everybody is standing outside the door of their comic book shop waiting for it to open on Wednesday morning? Some people may not get there until the weekend or later.

Also, this is a Justice Society of America Appreciation thread. Why not save discussion of Stargirl: The Lost Children for a thread dedicated to discussing . . . Stargirl: The Lost Children?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Maybe you should wait since not everybody is standing outside the door of their comic book shop waiting for it to open on Wednesday morning? Some people may not get there until the weekend or later.

Also, this is a Justice Society of America Appreciation thread. Why not save discussion of Stargirl: The Lost Children for a thread dedicated to discussing . . . Stargirl: The Lost Children?
    Well, Stargirl is a member of the Justice Society of America, and the events of the mini series will affect the Justice Society, so I think it's fair that we can discuss the events of the Lost Children here too.

Well, Stargirl is a member of the Justice Society of America, and the events of the mini series will affect the Justice Society, so I think it's fair that we can discuss the events of the Lost Children here too.
    Yeah that’s what I thought.

However some of that is going into a spoiler box because you are correct some people may not have read it, I was thinking those who read it a week early.
    Words to live by.