Page 21 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    The only way I can make any sense of what is going on in the Justice Society of America book right now is that if Huntress is from a different universe altogether. There's no way Power Girl showed up in the 70's (DC time) and Superman only showed up in the 80s/90s. She's got to be hopping dimensions as well (especially if Degaton is going through history killing of the JSA), there's no other explanation for it. With that said, there's also been no clarification where this Power Girl comes from. Is she the one who was lost in the between dimension that Tanya Spears rescued? How did she get there? How did they get out (if I recall correctly, Tanya became trapped there with her right?)
    Superman showed up 13 or so years ago. It she said in panels she came from destroyed Earth 2.

Astonishing Member

I find it interesting the Earth 2 in Infinite Crisis was an new and not populated copy of Earth 2. So suggesting and hinting many locations and most people from post COIE like civilians are firmly from Earth 1 and other Earths but nothing from Earth 2. So only heroes and villains and some supporting cast are and were the Earth 2 versions folded in post COIE Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Superman showed up 13 or so years ago. It she said in panels she came from destroyed Earth 2.
    That's more like 18 years ago - the Justice League first formed 15 years ago, and Kal-El is a founder.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    One possibility could be that if both escaped from an exploding Krypton at the same time but Kal-El's rocket entered a space warp that brought him to Earth at a later date than Power Girl's.
    But the biggest problem is trying to explain Power Girl and Supergirl both being on the same Earth. Did they come from the same planet Krypton, or were they each from a different Krypton (maybe Krypton-2 for Power Girl and Krypton-1 for Supergirl)?
    Wasn't it made pretty clear that Power Girl (pre Flashpoint) was from a Krypton in a different destroyed dimension/universe? Johns MAY have a different explanation, but honestly that seems thoroughly unnecessary.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Extraordinary Member

We should wait until the current Per Degaton time travel shenanigans are over before evaluating the sliding time scale.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    The only way I can make any sense of what is going on in the Justice Society of America book right now is that if Huntress is from a different universe altogether. There's no way Power Girl showed up in the 70's (DC time) and Superman only showed up in the 80s/90s. She's got to be hopping dimensions as well (especially if Degaton is going through history killing of the JSA), there's no other explanation for it. With that said, there's also been no clarification where this Power Girl comes from. Is she the one who was lost in the between dimension that Tanya Spears rescued? How did she get there? How did they get out (if I recall correctly, Tanya became trapped there with her right?)
    Seems pretty simple to me. If we consider the current JSA Power Girl as being the same one that was shown in pre-Crisis All-Star Comics, she came from a destroyed universe and has duplicates in different universes (Supergirl nu52 Earth 2 Power Girl).

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Seems pretty simple to me. If we consider the current JSA Power Girl as being the same one that was shown in pre-Crisis All-Star Comics, she came from a destroyed universe and has duplicates in different universes (Supergirl nu52 Earth 2 Power Girl).
    But if you go that route, shouldn't all of the pre-CoIE JSA members be from Earth-2 originally as well?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's more like 18 years ago - the Justice League first formed 15 years ago, and Kal-El is a founder.
    I am going by Johns timeline

But if you go that route, shouldn't all of the pre-CoIE JSA members be from Earth-2 originally as well?
    Why would that even be a possibility? None of the other JSA members had Earth One, or Prime Earth or whatever the f&^% we're calling DC's main Earth this week counterparts. Power Girl had Supergirl as a dupe and if PG was Superman's cousin, what does that mean for Supergirl?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    We should wait until the current Per Degaton time travel shenanigans are over before evaluating the sliding time scale.
    True. Johns is obviously trying to rework and make DC's Golden Age fit into continuity. How well he does and how we feel about it best wait until the New Giolden Age story is done. Based on the 12 issue mini hubbub, I do expect this to go through to JSA 12 and a hopeful conclusion. But that is still a while away.

Why would that even be a possibility? None of the other JSA members had Earth One, or Prime Earth or whatever the f&^% we're calling DC's main Earth this week counterparts. Power Girl had Supergirl as a dupe and if PG was Superman's cousin, what does that mean for Supergirl?
    Exactly. It's the same explanation for who PG was in the pre-52 JSA run as it ever was. She's THAT same Power Girl. No new explanation needed. Same explanation.

(And any other Power Girls who have shown up since then are not the JSA Power Girl).

But if all those JSA stories with from the 1970s and beyond are "canon", you run into the big stumbling block of how do you explain all of those annual JSA/JLA meetings back then if the Justice League of America wasn't a group before the current century.
    (And I think somebody mentioned all those team-ups could have been done with time travel, but why would the JLA travel back to the 20th century every year just to meet up with some heroes who are still alive and active in the current century?)

But if all those JSA stories with from the 1970s and beyond are "canon", you run into the big stumbling block of how do you explain all of those annual JSA/JLA meetings back then if the Justice League of America wasn't a group before the current century.
    (And I think somebody mentioned all those team-ups could have been done with time travel, but why would the JLA travel back to the 20th century every year just to meet up with some heroes who are still alive and active in the current century?)
    Hence the need for the proper Multiverse and it's proper Earth 1, Earth 2, etc. Don't try to force all that nonsense, just let it be on various Earths ....

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Hence the need for the proper Multiverse and it's proper Earth 1, Earth 2, etc. Don't try to force all that nonsense, just let it be on various Earths ....
    That’s way to easy and far too sensible… and unfortunately Johns and seemingly everyone else at DC, would prefer to try and show how clever they are buy dragging out a story over who knows how many issues and god knows how long a time, that at the end of it will almost certainly just make the whole thing even more confusing than it previously was and going to leave a lot of people frustrated.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Exactly. It's the same explanation for who PG was in the pre-52 JSA run as it ever was. She's THAT same Power Girl. No new explanation needed. Same explanation.

(And any other Power Girls who have shown up since then are not the JSA Power Girl).
    But if so, she's been seriously retconned. Are retconned versions of characters considered to be alternate versions of said character? It certainly SEEMS to me that she's not the same PG as the original version. Maybe if she referenced events in her own 2000s solo series, or the same era JSA stories we'd know for sure, but right now, I'm not certain which PG this one is. Perhaps if Atlee showed up, or if one of her JL friends showed up and talked about one of those stories.