Page 38 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Yeah, and her Lost Children mini would've given them the perfect excuse for Courtney to look younger i.e. how she looked 20 years ago, instead of looking like an adult. Everyone who was on that island ended up being de-aged to around 16 even if they were originally older (like Dan the Dyna-Mite, who was elderly - he de-aged by about 80 years!). She should mentally be about 21, even if her physical body got regressed to 16. Instead they just wrote it as if she hasn't aged up at all, which definitely breaks continuity as it pushes her down from the Young Justice generation to Damian's.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Same for other characters who should be older now like Stargirl. Actually, Courtney has spent so long out of the spotlight that she should already have been attending college off-panel.
    This is a complete nit pick but I am not that familiar with Courtney's home life. Would she be necessarily college bound or just old enough to be of college age?
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, and her Lost Children mini would've given them the perfect excuse for Courtney to look younger i.e. how she looked 20 years ago, instead of looking like an adult. Everyone who was on that island ended up being de-aged to around 16 even if they were originally older (like Dan the Dyna-Mite, who was elderly - he de-aged by about 80 years!). She should mentally be about 21, even if her physical body got regressed to 16. Instead they just wrote it as if she hasn't aged up at all, which definitely breaks continuity as it pushes her down from the Young Justice generation to Damian's.
    Maybe that's something that is going to happen in the pages of JSA down the line. I could see some of the other members of the team pointing out to Courtney that she looks younger now. Of course the problem with de-aging her even a few years means Emiko would also get de-aged. Since she's already younger than Courtney I don't think that's something they'd want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I know that, but considering how crazy his life has been by normal standards, I think it would be ok for him to start college at 22.
    Same for other characters who should be older now like Stargirl. Actually, Courtney has spent so long out of the spotlight that she should already have been attending college off-panel. At least 2 DC years should have passed since the last JSA ongoing (pre-Flashpoint). And her time with the JLA in the New 52 was very brief.
    Bear in mind that “aging one year every x years” (I tend to prefer 4, but 5 makes sense too) is just a rule of thumb. In practice, the aging of teen characters comes in fits and starts, depending on whether or not the writers are taking it into account. There's another thread here where I attempted to work out a consistent timeline based on events in the kids' lives, on the basis that if you can get everything to make sense for the kids (who physically change the most as they grow up), then it will make sense for everyone else. I was able to get it to work for the most part (though not with Johns' “Batman Year One was 13 years ago” idea), but I was only able to do it by being flexible as to hope quickly kids grew up during different eras. At some points, the ratio for as low as 1:1 (see “One Year Later”); and other points the ratio was well over 5:1. Aging in recent years has been donated by Damian and Jon, though in Jon's case I can't reconcile the Superman Reborn notion that he was born and grew up in the main timeline without any Hypertime or Multiversal shenanigans until after he became Superboy. In the 90s and 00s, Tim was the determining factor, forcing a six year window from 1990 to 2010. And so on.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

So is this thread now the JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA minus JSA (1999-2006) APPRECIATION 2023 thread?

See: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ciation-Thread

Of course not. One can have a thread devoted to a specific era of the team without other threads having to exclude that era.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Maybe that's something that is going to happen in the pages of JSA down the line. I could see some of the other members of the team pointing out to Courtney that she looks younger now. Of course the problem with de-aging her even a few years means Emiko would also get de-aged. Since she's already younger than Courtney I don't think that's something they'd want to do.
    Emiko won't have been de-aged at all as she was already only 16, which is the age everyone else seems to have been reset to. I think she was only 14 when she debuted.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Here’s a question.
    Should DC incorporate Wildstorm and Milestone stuff retroactively to 1940s Golden age stuff?
    Like Majestic being sort of Justice League Dark as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Here’s a question.
    Should DC incorporate Wildstorm and Milestone stuff retroactively to 1940s Golden age stuff?
    Like Majestic being sort of Justice League Dark as an example.
    It depends on how its handled, but I would NOT want Wildstorm nor Milestone characters retroactively made members of the Golden Age era Justice Society of America. That would be too big a leap / change for my tastes.
    (As part of the All-Star Squadron would be a different story than as part of the Golden Age JSA.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    It depends on how its handled, but I would NOT want Wildstorm nor Milestone characters retroactively made members of the Golden Age era Justice Society of America. That would be too big a leap / change for my tastes.
    (As part of the All-Star Squadron would be a different story than as part of the Golden Age JSA.)
    That’s why I said an example of Justice Society Dark rather than the Justice Society of America.

I don't have a problem with it, myself; though if they do, they need to be very careful how they do it. This really ought to be addressed on another thread, though; it's not really about the JSA. I'll go ahead and continue my response on the thread about the New Golden Age timeline.

EDIT: my response is ready.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 06-04-2023 at 10:13 PM.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Extraordinary Member

For me, it's the post Power Girl (2000s reboot), prior to the mega expansion that it the key one. It had the most balance of fun, danger, and character moments. But Johns as always--when filmed in a movie absolutely needs to be heavily supervised-----with no "do it or I'll walk" on the part of any of their auteur directors. Perhaps the only director I'd allow that privilege to is Spielberg.

By the way, if I could ask a huge favor, if people are responding to me and the see something like a comma where a period is supposed to be, or really anything like that, could you please let me known, it need not be in a PM, as for the last few weeks my eyesight has been getting catastrophically worse, darkening and just getting vwry blury, not sure if If I'm brave enough to go to an eye exam place of not.

Sorry for derailing this thread a bit, please feel free to go back to the regular thread. Again, sorry.
    Last edited by achilles; 06-04-2023 at 10:55 PM.

That sounds bad (you just put vwry instead of very, by the way, an easy mistake as w and e are next to each other on the keyboard). There's nothing to be afraid of, get yourself to an optician ASAP, please.

So do you think Dr. Hate will be related to Kent/Khalid?

I mean according to recent interviews about Knight Terror we are going to see Dr. Hate who wields the Helmet of Hate. And when I hear that I think two things: 1. No way we aren’t seeing Fate vs Hate happen, even if that means Khalid vs whomever instead of Kent.

Secondly I have to assume it’s someone related to the Dr. Fate legacy, as I don’t see DC comics just writing it that some rando gets the helmet. I imagine it would have to be a villain who has attempted to take the helm of fate in the past or has been a serious threat to Nabu in the past. Maybe Mordru?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So do you think Dr. Hate will be related to Kent/Khalid?

I mean according to recent interviews about Knight Terror we are going to see Dr. Hate who wields the Helmet of Hate. And when I hear that I think two things: 1. No way we aren’t seeing Fate vs Hate happen, even if that means Khalid vs whomever instead of Kent.

Secondly I have to assume it’s someone related to the Dr. Fate legacy, as I don’t see DC comics just writing it that some rando gets the helmet. I imagine it would have to be a villain who has attempted to take the helm of fate in the past or has been a serious threat to Nabu in the past. Maybe Mordru?
    As much as I want it to actually lead to something - something good and involving Mordru - these kind of things generally don't (in my experience as a new Doctor Fate fan) For example: in Assault on Krypton, Khalid was caught in some dream thing - nothing came of that, and I'm not sure it has gotten retconned or not because DC just refuses to do anything to keep Doctor Fate continuity consistent to the point where Khalid's character and history in the current Justice Society run is a walking contradiction that simultaneously acknowledges a Doctor Fate plot point in Justice League: Dark while also completely disregarding the rest. Khalid's personality in AoK was also fundamentally different from his personality in JS: in the former, his personality was more aligned with his early characterization in JLD (which worked better imo)

EDIT: Jesus, I became a Doctor Fate fan in 2021 and it took about a year for me to become an embittered one who refuses to get excited because she fears being let down again by DC.

EDIT 2: As curious as I am about Night Terror, I'm concerned that the covers might imply that it's going to be another Robin vs Batman situation where Khalid is going to be dead/gone/whatever (or be shoved aside) so the big-name hero can wear the helmet like it's some generic magical trinket. In this case, Wonder Woman instead of Batman.
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 06-07-2023 at 12:24 PM.