Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9495556575859606162 LastLast

Incredible Member

Quick question: Rags Morales is coming to my home town Comic Con this weekend, and I'm having a tough time remembering which run of JSA he did the art for. I wanted to have him sign a cover or two. What are some of the more iconic covers he did of the team? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Quick question: Rags Morales is coming to my home town Comic Con this weekend, and I'm having a tough time remembering which run of JSA he did the art for. I wanted to have him sign a cover or two. What are some of the more iconic covers he did of the team? Thanks!
    ^^^Try JSA issues 26-28, 30-36.

Issue 32 is the one I’d have him sign it’s just really good.

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by Riv86672; 10-26-2023 at 09:43 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Try JSA issues 26-28, 30-36.

Issue 32 is the one I’d have him sign it’s just really good.

Hope that helps!
    It certainly does. Thanks!

Extraordinary Member

You know. With all the retroactively removing/adding different women to the JSA WW II era: Diana/Hippolyta/Fury/Miss America or golden Age Black Canary joining earlier, no one ever thought just to retcon Hawkgirl into the golden age roster?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    You know. With all the retroactively removing/adding different women to the JSA WW II era: Diana/Hippolyta/Fury/Miss America or golden Age Black Canary joining earlier, no one ever thought just to retcon Hawkgirl into the golden age roster?
    The problem with adding Hawkgirl to the roster is that you already have Hawkman. The Justice Society of America back in the past did not have a large active roster at the time (usually around eight official members), so DC would have wanted to spread that out among different characters / franchises.
    Besides, who would you have Hawkgirl replace (since, again, the Justice Society of America had less than ten active members at the same time back then)?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    The problem with adding Hawkgirl to the roster is that you already have Hawkman. The Justice Society of America back in the past did not have a large active roster at the time (usually around eight official members), so DC would have wanted to spread that out among different characters / franchises.
    Besides, who would you have Hawkgirl replace (since, again, the Justice Society of America had less than ten active members at the same time back then)?
    I guess it would be Wonder Woman which is my point, since most of her fandom don’t want her to be active in the golden age.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I guess it would be Wonder Woman which is my point, since most of her fandom don’t want her to be active in the golden age.
    After Wonder Woman #750 (from 2020), that train may have left the station.

And she appears to have been shown in occasional panels / scenes from The New Golden Age and Justice Society of America, but who knows if those will have any effect in the future. (Or if maybe they'll go back to saying that was really Hippolyta?)

Happy Halloween!

All-Star Comics #33 (February-March 1947)

Happy Halloween!

JSA #86 (August 2006)

TRICK OR TREAT!

Nine instead of eight or ten instead of nine isn't a problem. Reworking Hawkman's chapters in All-Star Comics to include Hawkgirl is a relatively simple fix.

Umm, no one. There were no rules about how many members the team had. The number of pages in the book had the most effect on team size and the number of chapters in each issue. The fact the JSA didn't have a bigger roster is no reason why they couldn't have a bigger lineup. Granted, All-Star 15 would need retcon work if Hawkgirl were a full member, but I doubt there would be any great multiversal problems resulting from that.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Nine instead of eight or ten instead of nine isn't a problem. Reworking Hawkman's chapters in All-Star Comics to include Hawkgirl is a relatively simple fix.

Umm, no one. There were no rules about how many members the team had. The number of pages in the book had the most effect on team size and the number of chapters in each issue. The fact the JSA didn't have a bigger roster is no reason why they couldn't have a bigger lineup. Granted, All-Star 15 would need retcon work if Hawkgirl were a full member, but I doubt there would be any great multiversal problems resulting from that.
    ^^^Good call(s).
    I keep saying, none of this stuff is set in stone. No reason things can’t be switched up.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Good call(s).
    I keep saying, none of this stuff is set in stone. No reason things can’t be switched up.
    That's because nothing matters any more . . .

That's because nothing matters any more . . .
    Your Honor: I would like to add "Look at non-Batman DC sales" into evidence.

I rest my case Your Honor!