Page 1 of 62 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Justice Society of America Appreciation 2023

New Year, New Series, New Characters, and New Teammates. It's a great time to be a JSA fan in the New Golden Age

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    New Year, New Series, New Characters, and New Teammates. It's a great time to be a JSA fan in the New Golden Age

We really don't know much about that "New Characters" and "New Teammates" part yet, do we?

Happy New Year to the worlds first Superhero team !

I'm liking the recent series so I'm hoping they get a bigger profile. Gunn should mix Robinson's Earth 2 and John's run in a blender for the new DCEU.

The JSA feels like a better example of DC's legacy than the big 7 do. Plus I thought it was weird they got rebooted in the new 52. Having them be the old guard for the big 7 to live up to makes sense.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-15-2023 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    We really don't know much about that "New Characters" and "New Teammates" part yet, do we?
    I mean the kids from Lost Children and all the time displaced from New Golden Age are New Characters and Khalid Nassour is technically a new teammate right? Because prior to Dark Crisis he was just Justice League Dark.

Plus I think it's kind of a given that Judy Garrick is making it off the Childminder island and going to be joining her dad for adventures. Johns teased it in New Golden Age and the first issue of JSA.
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-15-2023 at 08:58 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean the kids from Lost Children and all the time displaced from New Golden Age are New Characters and Khalid Nassour is technically a new teammate right? Because prior to Dark Crisis he was just Justice League Dark.

Plus I think it's kind of a given that Judy Garrick is making it off the Childminder island and going to be joining her dad for adventures. Johns teased it in New Golden Age and the first issue of JSA.
    I feel like she could work better in an Earth-2 AU like environment where like she could be the successor to Jay as opposed to a mainline universe where Barry Allen is the next Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I feel like she could work better in an Earth-2 AU like environment where like she could be the successor to Jay as opposed to a mainline universe where Barry Allen is the next Flash.
    I don’t think Judy matters in terms of Jay having a successor, because that’s kind of what the entire flash family was too him and how he would also hang out with Wally and the kids who came after (Bart, Jessie, Iris, and Jai)

I think she’s more about giving Jay something that he’s never had before, the actual chance to be a real dad and having that connection in his life. She’s more about what it means to him personally then his superhero legacy.
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Is issue 2 of JSA not supposed to be out this week?

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Is issue 2 of JSA not supposed to be out this week?
    Next week, this weeks Stargirl. It furthers the plots from New Golden Age but its not the main JSA.
    Words to live by.

https://twitter.com/mikeljanin/statu...4_sFHtWbA4JOHw

Mikel Janin showed some of his JSA designs on Twitter.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Always cool how an adaptation can bring back a long disused character

In this case Beth and Yolanda

Astonishing Member

Yolanda never deserved to be turned into cannon fodder for a dumb Eclipso crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Yolanda never deserved to be turned into cannon fodder for a dumb Eclipso crossover.
    I didn't think it was a "crossover".
    If I remember correctly, it was in Eclipso's own book and didn't tie in to any other on-going titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Always cool how an adaptation can bring back a long disused character

In this case Beth and Yolanda
    I'm looking forward to meeting them both.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-19-2023 at 08:22 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Something funny to think about, haven't seen Stargirl but apparently it popularized a Rick Tyler/Beth ship which is amusing knowing that Rick here is currently married to Jesse Quick