Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It's a Disney movie waiting to happen.

I don't mind street clothes but he could have a more stylish look.

Like Doctor Who...

https://images.app.goo.gl/TcDZbBFGhDWoFbJj7
    Jakeem's supposed to be a regular kid. He's not a junior millionaire or a Time Lord with an infinite wardrobe. Stylish is the last thing he's supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Jakeem's supposed to be a regular kid. He's not a junior millionaire or a Time Lord with an infinite wardrobe. Stylish is the last thing he's supposed to be.
    I knows he's a regular kid but he's also a superhero. Some more grander clothes would be nice. Even if it's just a cool waistcoat.

I knows he's a regular kid but he's also a superhero. Some more grander clothes would be nice. Even if it's just a cool waistcoat.
    What is it about him being "regular" that screams to you "therefore has access or is able to afford 'grander clothes'", let alone makes you think he's the slightest bet interested in such things when he never has before? There's an essential blue-collar element that is fundamental to his personality. If anything, he'd spend five minutes cussing you out for your obvious classism and unfounded expectations.

I wonder if Yara and Malik would be a good fit for this book.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-21-2023 at 09:15 PM.

I wonder if Yara and Malik would be a good fit for this book.
    I’d wonder about Yara though thanks to Dark Crisis she knows the JSA and Alan Scott in particular. However I think Malik would fit with the JSA.

He’s a new legacy character with direct ties to a character whose been both a member and an antagonist in Black Adam as well as some connections to Shazam who has also been active with the JSA. He’d be a perfect fit.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I’d wonder about Yara though thanks to Dark Crisis she knows the JSA and Alan Scott in particular. However I think Malik would fit with the JSA.

He’s a new legacy character with direct ties to a character whose been both a member and an antagonist in Black Adam as well as some connections to Shazam who has also been active with the JSA. He’d be a perfect fit.
    Yeah Malik has the perfect reason to join the JSA by the old-timers finding out about him and wanting to make sure he doesn't turn out like his ancestor, and also avert Black Reign where association with Black Adam got a bunch of kids killed.

Another character that I can see eventually joining is Monkey Prince, he is the grandson of the spoilers:
    Ultra-Humanite
    end of spoilers and the son of the ancient Chinese legend the Monkey King.
    I’d think he’d be a pretty good and unexpected fit for a book about legacy like the JSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Another character that I can see eventually joining is Monkey Prince, he is the grandson of the spoilers:
    Ultra-Humanite
    I’d think he’d be a pretty good and unexpected fit for a book about legacy like the JSA.
    Good idea.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-22-2023 at 04:10 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Ultra-Humanite
    Yeah I can see Monkey Prince joining, that be pretty cool. Sorta like how Star Girl joined the JSA after her run.

It be pretty good for Marcus on a couple levels, meeting some superheroes his age and as well meeting some supportive nice heroes in general to cast off the negative view he has of superheroes after being traumatized by Batman as a kid.

I'm pretty sure Marcus will be a Teen Titan. There was an article on DC's website a few days ago which referred to Damian Wayne, Monkey Prince and Black Alice, and a Teen Titans Dark.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'm pretty sure Marcus will be a Teen Titan. There was an article on DC's website a few days ago which referred to Damian Wayne, Monkey Prince and Black Alice, and a Teen Titans Dark.
    I prefer him in the JSA as the Titans stopped working for me years ago. JSA became a new favorite because they are DC's reputation for legacy done better. So Infinity Inc or the main team is a more preffered home.

But maybe I'll like the new version better.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-22-2023 at 12:22 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Why is Hawkman purple in this pic?

So, I've read JSA #2. spoilers:
    Still doing set-up. We get a few character references (Mr. Miracle's daughter, the Legionnaire, Diamond Jack and Zatara; the latter two are part of the 1941 Justice Society Dark along with Mr. Miracle).

Helena warns the 1940s JSA about Per Degaton, and Dr. Fate attempts to read her future but instead finds himself transported to Gotham's Slaughter Swamp in 1941 where he and Salem the Witch Girl have been searching for Mr. Miracle and the Justice Society Dark. He returns to 1940 and tries again, and we see the follow-up to Per Degaton's attack last issue: he reveals that Huntress is now in a “blind spot” and he's going to have to track her down and kill her, as his plans require him to kill every JSAer with his own hands. He then killed Selina. The vision ends, the snow globe triggers, and Helena is thrown into the present where she encounters Khalid in the Justice League Dark.
    end of spoilers
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.