Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Nice, but not accurate. Superman and Batman weren't part of the original Justice Society, except as honorary members. Johnny Thunder joined the team long before either of them did; heck, he joined before Wonder Woman did, and she was one of the first to join the team. The roster also doesn't show the Spectre, Sandman, or Atom, all of whom were also founding members. I'll forgive them for showing Wonder Woman and Dr. Mid-Nite; because while they weren't founding members, it didn't take long for them to join.

In the other hand, there's nothing about Hourman, Starman, Mr. Terrific, Wildcat, or Black Canary, all of whom joined the team during the Golden Age. They all have at least as much justification to be there as Superman and Batman, and arguably more justification.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Nice, but not accurate. Superman and Batman weren't part of the original Justice Society, except as honorary members. Johnny Thunder joined the team long before either of them did; heck, he joined before Wonder Woman did, and she was one of the first to join the team. The roster also doesn't show the Spectre, Sandman, or Atom, all of whom were also founding members. I'll forgive them for showing Wonder Woman and Dr. Mid-Nite; because while they weren't founding members, it didn't take long for them to join.

In the other hand, there's nothing about Hourman, Starman, Mr. Terrific, Wildcat, or Black Canary, all of whom joined the team during the Golden Age. They all have at least as much justification to be there as Superman and Batman, and arguably more justification.
    Hourman was also a founder of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post

Superman and Batman were considered honorary members from the very beginning (they weren't actual full members because they had their own self-titled books) and were later included in the origin / forming of the team.

Also, the fact that the illustration was the back cover to this

may have also played a bit of a part in why those particular characters were chosen to represent the JSA for the illustration.

From 1986's History of the DC Universe:

Fn-NUfCWQAIf0zw.jpg
    Variant cover for the International Women's Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post

Power Girl needs her red cape (just for the color contrast, if nothing else) and the hair for both Jade and Cyclone doesn't look right. Instead of flowing in the air, it looks stiff, like they used too much hairspray or styling gel!
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 02-14-2023 at 09:48 AM.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Richard cover to All-Star Index.

AllStarIndex.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Power Girl needs her red cape (just for the color contrast, if nothing else) and the hair for both Jade and Cyclone doesn't look right. Instead of flowing in the air, it looks stiff, like they used too much hairspray or styling gel!
    Isn't that PG's new costume sans the jacket?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Isn't that PG's new costume sans the jacket?
    Yep that's definitely PG's new costume but without the red jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Fn-NUfCWQAIf0zw.jpg
    I don't like Helena's costume. It works aesthetically, but it's so plain. Powergirl needs the cape (not the jacket), Dr. Mid-nite looks cool. I'm glad they added Jessie but I wish Fury was there. She is being totally ignored. I don't know if it's because of the Sandman stuff, or if DC don't want any version of Diana to have a daughter. (I would rather Lyta be Diana's, but I don't mind Helena (Fury) as her mom.)

JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #6

Written by GEOFF JOHNS

Art and cover by MIKEL JANIN

Variant cover by YANICK PAQUETTE

1:25 variant cover by EDWIN GALMON

$3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)

ON SALE 5/23/23

The Huntress and the JSA collide with Stargirl and the lost children! As this new team tries to find its footing, how will they handle coming face-to-face with a group of sidekicks they didn’t realize existed?! And what does this mean for Jay Garrick as he meets his daughter Judy for the first time?! Be sure to pick up this tie-in to The Dawn of DC!

I think the solicit used the wrong covers as they both only show Huntress and I've seen them before (probably on #5's solicit).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Written by GEOFF JOHNS

ON SALE 5/23/23

The Huntress and the JSA collide with Stargirl and the lost children! As this new team tries to find its footing, how will they handle coming face-to-face with a group of sidekicks they didn’t realize existed?! And what does this mean for Jay Garrick as he meets his daughter Judy for the first time?! Be sure to pick up this tie-in to The Dawn of DC!

I think the solicit used the wrong covers as they both only show Huntress and I've seen them before (probably on #5's solicit).
    Also interesting is that they no longer have the "# of 12" included for the solicitation.

Man issue 6 is gonna be rough for Jay Garrick
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I don't like Helena's costume. It works aesthetically, but it's so plain. Powergirl needs the cape (not the jacket), Dr. Mid-nite looks cool. I'm glad they added Jessie but I wish Fury was there. She is being totally ignored. I don't know if it's because of the Sandman stuff, or if DC don't want any version of Diana to have a daughter. (I would rather Lyta be Diana's, but I don't mind Helena (Fury) as her mom.)
    I agree on Huntress' suit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Written by GEOFF JOHNS

ON SALE 5/23/23

So everything is coming together? Is it finally going to feel like a real JSA book?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Yep that's definitely PG's new costume but without the red jacket.
    I kind of like it. Wonder how that basic costume would look with the old red cape?