Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I agree on Huntress' suit.

So everything is coming together? Is it finally going to feel like a real JSA book?
    I'm a little nervous that both the alternate covers predominantly feature the Huntress only.
    Like, what's it going to take to get the JSA in a book titled "JSA"?
    (The text is a little more encouraging though, at least).

Like I said, I think they used #5's covers by mistake in the solicits. They weren't new.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Like I said, I think they used #5's covers by mistake in the solicits. They weren't new.
    Yeah I think I remember someone on Twitter saying “why have they used this same cover for three months straight?”
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

At least last time it had a good excuse - previous issues were delayed so #5 was actually resolicited. This time though, the solicit text was different, so the covers should've been as well. The real cover should be focused on Jay and Judy, and maybe Courtney.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

At least last time it had a good excuse - previous issues were delayed so #5 was actually resolicited. This time though, the solicit text was different, so the covers should've been as well. The real cover should be focused on Jay and Judy, and maybe Courtney.
    Maybe they are hiding the cover so as not to spoil who lives and dies in Lost Children? Because we all kind of knew Judy would make it to the main continuity, but what about the rest?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    I'm a little nervous that both the alternate covers predominantly feature the Huntress only.
    Like, what's it going to take to get the JSA in a book titled "JSA"?
    (The text is a little more encouraging though, at least).
    At this point, I'm taking Helena Wayne's prominence as being a sign that a more traditional JSA is (or will be) back. I know I am giving DC a big benefit of the doubt here.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    At this point, I'm taking Helena Wayne's prominence as being a sign that a more traditional JSA is (or will be) back. I know I am giving DC a big benefit of the doubt here.
    Still wondering if / when / how Geoff Johns is going to address Doctor Midnight (Beth) and Wildcat II (Yolanda) came back and when they joined the JSA, or is he just leaving it at "a naked blue guy changed things" and that's all that needs to be said about it . . .

Astonishing Member

Considering the schedule slips we’ve already been having, I would wager it will be a long time before the Helena arc is over; and then we have the Doomsday Clocl and Flashpoint Beyond follow-up to do

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Considering the schedule slips we’ve already been having, I would wager it will be a long time before the Helena arc is over; and then we have the Doomsday Clocl and Flashpoint Beyond follow-up to do
    Honestly still kind of better then Shazam.
    Words to live by.

I wonder if the current Justice Society of America series with Helena, Per Degaton, and probably Rip Hunter bouncing back and forth in time may cross paths with Rip Hunter and the JSA passing through 1985?

from JSA #72 (June 2005)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I agree on Huntress' suit.

So everything is coming together? Is it finally going to feel like a real JSA book?
    No, this is a Huntress book. Thanks Geoff Johns.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I wonder if the current Justice Society of America series with Helena, Per Degaton, and probably Rip Hunter bouncing back and forth in time may cross paths with Rip Hunter and the JSA passing through 1985?

from JSA #72 (June 2005)
    Geoff Johns wrote both, so it's possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    No, this is a Huntress book. Thanks Geoff Johns.
    And part of me wouldn't mind that so much because the story has been a bit interesting so far.

But calling the book Justice Society of America and not really showcasing the Justice Society of America (aside from brief glimpses in the past that aren't explaining much) is frustrating.

Hopefully that was just the first two issues setting stuff up and we'll see more of the rest of the team from now on. Helena's in the present day now.

Hopefully that was just the first two issues setting stuff up and we'll see more of the rest of the team from now on. Helena's in the present day now.
    Yeah she just time crashed into modern day Khalid along with Detective Chimp (they worked together on JLD).
    Words to live by.