Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12525859606162
    Incredible Member

I had basically forgotten 99% of Doomsday Clock, so that makes sense. I'm all for obscure Legionnaires popping up! A kind of sequel to John's use of Star Boy/Starman early on in the last JSA run.

I feel like this is going to tease a return of the classic Legion that will never get followed up on, since it seems like Johns' latest run isn't going anywhere, long term.

Yeah, and Green Arrow already confirmed the Bendis version still exists.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, and Green Arrow already confirmed the Bendis version still exists.
    Yes but the vibe I'm getting about the Legion is that the War of 4 Legions that Johns has teased is supposed to feature both the classic/Retroboot team and the Bendis team. Who knows if that is still happening though. The next issue of JSA is scheduled for next week so hopefully we'll get more then.
    Last edited by M@Bowers2014; 12-19-2023 at 08:55 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Yes but the vibe I'm getting about the Legion is that the War of 4 Legions that Johns has teased is supposed to feature both the classic/Retroboot team and the Bendis team. Who knows if that is still happening though. The next issue of JSA is scheduled for next week so hopefully we'll get more then.
    If it does happen, I hope it’s all 4 timelines fighting in the past to determine who’s future will come true.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Johns can't start anything new now because of Ghost Machine, so I'd imagine War of 4 Legions has been scrapped.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

now that we’re finally seeing harlequins son, i’m not so sure i like him anymore. in fact it looks like all the protégés have an axe to grind, about being left behind, perhaps. but i don’t think i like where this is heading.

You're not supposed to like him. He's a villain. Bear in mind, so was his Mom, before she married Green Lantern. But her crimes were petty in comparison.

Johns can't start anything new now because of Ghost Machine, so I'd imagine War of 4 Legions has been scrapped.
    Maybe. But if that were true why have the New Legion Subs show up in JSA? I think it's more likely that it will be handed off to another creative team picked by Johns or it will be his last DC work.

I'm sure they'll reboot the Legion again one way or another .

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    now that we’re finally seeing harlequins son, i’m not so sure i like him anymore. in fact it looks like all the protégés have an axe to grind, about being left behind, perhaps. but i don’t think i like where this is heading.
    Helena's group was mistrusted in her timeline so it fits.

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/12/20/dc...-of-america-8/

Issue 8's preview.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-20-2023 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm sure they'll reboot the Legion again one way or another .
    I think this is fact. How and when are still unclear, but sooner or later Legion will return.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

You're not supposed to like him. He's a villain. Bear in mind, so was his Mom, before she married Green Lantern. But her crimes were petty in comparison.
    I'd rather he was a hero, but if that's the case, then I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I think this is fact. How and when are still unclear, but sooner or later Legion will return.
    Let's hope. Clean of any influence from the last writer than rebooted them.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Article about Flash Comics #104 (last golden age solo Jay Garrick and Hawkman).
    https://www.cbr.com/flash-final-issu...c-book-series/

Flash Fact: #105 had the same creative team, even though the book now starred Barry Allen.