Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think more people were looking at the Urban Legends stories and Fitzmartin than they were Tim's use in Batman going into the new solo, that's what it was building off of anyway.

And if they were trying to make him more appealing, I think they definitely failed in that respect.

I think it was that Gotham War fight between him and Damian.
    before Gotham War we already had instances of Bruce comparing him to Dick and Jason with them coming up short.

instances of Bruce telling us how great he is.

Character wanking happens buts for whatever reason writers take it to an absurd level with Tim. I feel they are alienating fans with that kind of writing. Personally speaking that sort of writing doesn't make me like Tim any more or see him as any cooler.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Why does Marvel always have so many #1 titles?

Worlds finest and Nightwing really have been outstanding. Holding their ground so late into their runs. respect.

Great to see Batman and Robin still in the top 50 even with the price increase.
    Marvel flooding the market with no 1 distors the positions.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 02-08-2024 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    And how many eyes were even on that?
    Well, enough to get the press active but there's probably a reason they ended Urban Legends.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I guess anything with Joker's name on it really sells.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    When linked to Batman, Rosenberg's comic didn't sell much.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess anything with Joker's name on it really sells.
    I guess for me , I only picked up #142 because it's the main Batman book .
    Actually I have Joker fatigue , but I guess I'm in the minority . I'm more interested in what happens after this Joker Year One . DC actually could have published it separately from the Batman book . I wonder how it would have done ?
    I was surprised that Zdarky actually gave us 30 pages of story and we didn't have a backup story like usual .
    But I don't think that there's really anything really new here about the Joker , at least so far .

If he was actually well received his comic would have at least debuted better. As that was pretty much the point in bringing him back as Robin and featuring him in Batman. Batman was the lead in. The whole idea was a flop.

They were trying to make him more appealing outside of just his fans because the reality is his fans aren’t around anymore in a meaningful way. He needs new fans but has no way of generating them and was only becoming increasingly less appealing to outside opportunities.
    His reception has nothing to do with his book though. I loved him in Batman and had zero interest in this last title cause I hated the art and direction. And people complain about Tim getting wanked but he kinda proved himself in the backups. I don’t get it. He’s got more apt Han enough stories that show how great he is.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Why does Marvel always have so many #1 titles?

Worlds finest and Nightwing really have been outstanding. Holding their ground so late into their runs. respect.

Great to see Batman and Robin still in the top 50 even with the price increase.
    Because they can.

Marvel flooding the market with no 1 distorts the positions.
    Yes it does and folks have tried to point that out but when you got parts of the fandom that weaponize these list to pretty much attack books of certain demographics and characters they hate their existence-it gets ignored.

You can have a book that has settled at say 28K but is listed at 100 and folks yelling failure when in reality it got pushed down due to first issues and certain variants.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    When linked to Batman, Rosenberg's comic didn't sell much.
    I guess the "Year One" branding helps, making it sound more important.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    His reception has nothing to do with his book though. I loved him in Batman and had zero interest in this last title cause I hated the art and direction. And people complain about Tim getting wanked but he kinda proved himself in the backups. I don’t get it. He’s got more apt Han enough stories that show how great he is.
    I mean, Tim being good in the backups hardly proves he will be a good seller.

Not to mention that I don't think Tim's stories in the backups were so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I mean, Tim being good in the backups hardly proves he will be a good seller.

Not to mention that I don't think Tim's stories in the backups were so good.
    Other than the stuff with his mom I thought it was pretty solid.

There's an inherent disconnect between "the greatest Robin" and backups. Tim doesn't exist in a vacuum. Can't keep telling us how he's great and he's the best while characters around him are doing greater and better things. Even with his "fans", everyone loves Tim and he's so popular yet there's always a reason they don't buy his stuff lol.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-09-2024 at 04:01 AM.

There's an inherent disconnect between "the greatest Robin" and backups. Tim doesn't exist in a vacuum. Can't just keep telling us how great and he's the best while characters around him are doing greater and better things.
    I don't think they were going that hard with the greatest Robin thing.