Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Edit: He actually did include explanations for what the sales range is for each category:

Rokk is an ass but his numbers are useful sales data.
    Looks bogus. Those ranges are baseless, and the articles start off with two major false statements. The data is not from 3000 stores (it is 125), and the data does not represent orders (it is sales to customers).

I loved the old days of tracking sales, it was not perfect but it was reliable. Everyone should just move on stop worrying about sales (and realize that sales never, ever indicated if a book was good or worth reading).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    It's likely that the Tim's series will end sometime in August/September and after that they'll give Damian back Robin's ongoing again, this outcome would have been inevitable without sales considering they would have to put a lot of focus on Damian due to Brave and Bold .
    The question is, what will happen with Tim after that.
    I think it's pretty clear they don't have a plan other than give him to Fitzmartin. I don't think they even have a strategy for Damian/Cass/Steph and most of these characters. I think bat-editorial got the legs cut off near the end of 2019 when most of the old guard from the Marts-Doyle days were transferred out or left and people like Abernathy/Wielgosz took over. I think the current editors are just not good at their jobs in that a lot of the spinoff titles are suffering or not well managed.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Looks bogus. Those ranges are baseless, and the articles start off with two major false statements. The data is not from 3000 stores (it is 125), and the data does not represent orders (it is sales to customers).

I loved the old days of tracking sales, it was not perfect but it was reliable. Everyone should just move on stop worrying about sales (and realize that sales never, ever indicated if a book was good or worth reading).
    Yep, plus using historical data that includes 2020 -2022 projections is not reliable as Diamond was no longer the only distributor for the big two and a lot of the Comichron's projections during that time was more or less guesstimates.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Has it/ how much of a sales increase did their ongoing increase by?
    The new Scarlet Witch ongoing debuted at #3, beating Nightwing's milestone #100th issue.

Extraordinary Member

It just indicates character intrest and which books are likely to end the soonest

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Has it/ how much of a sales increase did their ongoing increase by? What about the other MCU characters? BP, Cap, Iron man, Thor etc. The only character i recall doing something note worthy is Hulk with Immortal Hulk.

I also know Invincible and The Boys [trades] entered the charts after their shows debuted.
    Generally what happens is folks who don't go Amazon or online vendors NOT named Ebay-head to used book market and that in the USA tends to be Half Price Books.

The used book market place like Half Price books have Iron Man, Thor, Cap America and Batman in BULK-so that would hurt sales boosts because everyone is looking to go cheap.
    Now for Miles, Black Panther and Ms Marvel-it's a crap shoot depending on where you live. You really have no choice but to buy new with those guys.
    Tim? He's like that too because aside from floppies-I rarely saw his trades in Half Price books.

I suspect we will see a decent showing for Fitzmartin's trade. Like I have said I expect at least 3 trades.

Ultimate Member

THIS and I would like to add sometimes those Final Order Cutoffs leave books off.

So a person can't order them and we see certain titles get reprints because so few orders were done (looking at YOU Scout Comics).

125 stores don't tell me anything.

Who are the 125 stores?

And folks forget that not everyone orders a ton of issues that pack bins (eventually).

If I sell 10 copies of Tim's book-guess what I only order 10.

And folks forget when you put out NEW books and certain variants-all titles get PUSHED down so how many books are selling the same number and are down 5 spots because of 5 new comics?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Generally what happens is folks who don't go Amazon or online vendors NOT named Ebay-head to used book market and that in the USA tends to be Half Price Books.

The used book market place like Half Price books have Iron Man, Thor, Cap America and Batman in BULK-so that would hurt sales boosts because everyone is looking to go cheap.
    Now for Miles, Black Panther and Ms Marvel-it's a crap shoot depending on where you live. You really have no choice but to buy new with those guys.
    Tim? He's like that too because aside from floppies-I rarely saw his trades in Half Price books.

I suspect we will see a decent showing for Fitzmartin's trade. Like I have said I expect at least 3 trades.
    I dunno the trade sales on Amazon don't look too hot:

https://www.amazon.com/Tim-Drake-Rob.../dp/1779520573

Could you show me your source that thousands of folks stormed these 2nd hand shops to buy comics based on exposeure following the movies?

Invincible and The Boys entered the charts [Amazon also] so did Sweet Tooth and Sandman.

Your assumptions or your personal observations in the shops you frequent aren't indicative of whats actually going on.

Either way second hand or new, new fans are new fans. The ones who buy 2nd hand will still translate into cash at some point. Through Merch, new comics support or ticket sales.

Fantastic Member

I was trying to list those who had the most solo issues...

That's all.
    That's not actually an indication of popularity or sales. Go back and take averages.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The new Scarlet Witch ongoing debuted at #3, beating Nightwing's milestone #100th issue.
    That probably has more to do with variant shenanigans. Marvel was able to do similarly with Black Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    That probably has more to do with variant shenanigans. Marvel was able to do similarly with Black Cat.
    5 variant covers for Scarlet Witch #3

13 variant covers for Nightwing #100

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    5 variant covers for Scarlet Witch #3

13 variant covers for Nightwing #100
    Thats a lot of variants for a #3. Scarlet Witch #1 had 15. So ya, i don't think it off base to say variants are inflating sales here more so then outside media influences. Variants of course helped to inflate Nightwing #100. Even with its debut the Scarlet Witch series will probably only make it a year.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-18-2023 at 05:59 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Thats a lot of variants for a #3. Scarlet Witch #1 had 15. So ya, i don't think it off base to say variants are inflating sales here more so then outside media influences. Variants of course helped to inflate Nightwing #100. Even with its debut the Scarlet Witch series will probably only make it a year.
    Yes, they may inflate sales but it is still a good sign that Marvel believes that Scarlet Witch has enough fans willing to buy more than one copy of the issue simply based on a different cover. While I have serious problems with ICv2 ranking it is based on actual customer sales and not store orders.

Only thing that we can take from these charts is overall position, like Robin title shouldn't strugle to stay in Top 200. Anything beyond that is baseless speculations