Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Yes but it was still one of the better selling Dc titles despite the premise which fans hated.
    Best selling is a stretch. According to comichron list, he was around the 100th position in January 2020. If that is not good by today's standards, it was not good back in 2020 either, Especially for a respectable seller like Nightwing. He started to dip into the 18.000 units sold and i think that is a all-time low, not 100% sure tho.

He was still selling more than Aquaman, Batgirl and Teen Titans tho, which is insane that this franchises got to that point.

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...0/2020-01.html

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Nightwing sales were terrible at that time. However, it still often sell better than many other DC titles (like Red Hood, Batgirl, between others).
    When i was writing my post, i didn't saw yours. But, yes, that is correct.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Every character has a bad title at some point, that isn't exclusive to Tim.
    What is exclusive to Tim (at least within the Batfamily) that all his titles have been pretty bad, the others have at least some popular tirle once in a while.

When it comes Red Robin that sold at the end around 30K per issue, I think that is better than what Nightwing did in the Ric Era, and you have to keep in mind that around that Time even the main Batman book did only sell some where between 50K and 60K.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    What is exclusive to Tim (at least within the Batfamily) that all his titles have been pretty bad, the others have at least some popular tirle once in a while.

When it comes Red Robin that sold at the end around 30K per issue, I think that is better than what Nightwing did in the Ric Era, and you have to keep in mind that around that Time even the main Batman book did only sell some where between 50K and 60K.
    Batman and Robin was the main Batman book at the time, the one with Morrison. He sold in the 100k to 80k margin.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    If they have to stack the creative team. I mean its nice when they do, but a problem when its the only way they can sell a character. We have been seeing it for a while now, we saw it with Young Justice, and were seeing it with Tim Drake Robin #1. Tim's marketability isn't what it was.
    Batmans creative team is stacked.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Astonishing Member

In fact, Red Robin was selling around 28K per issue in its last year.

These sales were a lot better than Nightwing in the Ric Era. However, these sales weren't really extraordinardy (I mean Stephanie's Batgirl doesn't sell a lot lower).

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Batmans creative team is stacked.
    Thats Batman. Thats about maximizing profit. And the more profitable a title, the more they can afford to spend on creative teams. Batman will also make creators into bigger names.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-16-2023 at 07:02 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Aren't digital sales only like 10 percent of actual sales in the longrun though?
    That is the average across the industry, which I think have increased form 10% to about 12%,however for some books it much higher.

X-Men book are said to have digital sales higher than the industry average, also books aim at younger people, including LGBT and other minority groups have better digital.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Batman and Robin was the main Batman book at the time, the one with Morrison. He sold in the 100k to 80k margin.
    I just looked at few month in the first half of 2011, I think Batman Inc. the highest I saw was Batman Inc. somewhere around 65K.

Nightwing sold poorly in the Ric Era. All time lows.

Also Red Robin was 10 years ago. His marketability did not increase over this last decade.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-16-2023 at 06:58 AM.

I just looked at few month in the first half of 2011, I think Batman Inc. the highest I saw was Batman Inc. somewhere around 65K.
    Oh, you're talking about the era around the end of that universe, pre-Flashpoint.
    I thought you're talking about the Batman Reborn era.

All sales were down at that time, it's one of the reason for the New 52.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Oh, you're talking about the era around the end of that universe, pre-Flashpoint.
    I thought you're talking about the Batman Reborn era.

All sales were down at that time, it's one of the reason for the New 52.
    I was looking what the title was doing in the end, since sales are often not that stable in the first year.

And selling around half of what the main Batman book was selling, is imo pretty solid.

And even 30K (28K) is much better than many Batman Charcters are selling now. And I don't think that many of the post flashpoint Nightwing Runs did on the long run much better than that. Taylors current being the big exception.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Also Red Robin was 10 years ago. His marketability did not increase over this last decade.
    And Tim didn't have a single good series since then. This also needs to be taken into account when it comes to his sales. Jason has the similar problem.
    Dick and Damian were way more lucky with that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Jason has the similar problem.
    Jason had at least a couple of books that are liked by his fans, Tim's books are almost universally disliked.

I was looking what the title was doing in the end, since sales are often not that stable in the first year.

And selling around half of what the main Batman book was selling, is imo pretty solid.

And even 30K (28K) is much better than many Batman Charcters are selling now. And I don't think that many of the post flashpoint Nightwing Runs did on the long run much better than that. Taylors current being the big exception.
    New 52 Nightwing was a success, the title was above 40K, only dropping to 37 in the end. Grayson did well, dropping to 30k at the end.
    Rebirth was strong, Nightwing was one of the top titles as long as it had Seeley, until Didio took control of DC again. After the departure of Seeley Nightwing it was below 30k, and with Lobdell below 20k, Jurgens kept it above 20k. Seeley's Nightwing was published in a Deluxe Edition, and Taylor's Nightwing is coming out in hardcover. This is important.

Nightwing sells in the 30k to 35k regularly. In the New 52 it was much higher, Rebirth Nightwing was also higher than that until Tim Seeley left the book.

Grayson also sold around the that mark.

Taylor looks like it's the most successful the book has being, but the character is no slouch in term of sales.