Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Again don’t confused failures with poor treatment or not being pushed. Because those projects weren’t received well by audiences doesn’t mean they weren’t trying and he wasn’t pushed.
    People tend to forget that if DC doesn't like some character they can just stop publishing stories with him. Wally is a very good example of that.

Mighty Member

But for Tim's sales, the sales of the solo and the Pride special seem MUCH lower than what would be expected from Tim and all the push DC had with this direction.

Take into account comics released on the last week of the month have much lower reported sales in the ICV2 model. For example, Amazing Spider-Man #14 was released on the last week of November and appears in the 44th spot. Amazing Spider-Man #13 appears in the #2 spot. Amazing Spider-Man #15 appears in the #4 spot of December.

Tim Drake: Robin is released on the last week of each month. I can assure you it's not selling as badly as it seems.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Take into account comics released on the last week of the month have much lower reported sales in the ICV2 model. For example, Amazing Spider-Man #14 was released on the last week of November and appears in the 44th spot. Amazing Spider-Man #13 appears in the #2 spot. Amazing Spider-Man #15 appears in the #4 spot of December.

Tim Drake: Robin is released on the last week of each month. I can assure you it's not selling as badly as it seems.
    What about the re-release in October:

https://twitter.com/jdgarza157/statu...22276767408129

In October issue 1 was 178.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Again: Batman events, everything you've said, if added together, doesn't have the same impact as being central to Batman events. And being in something doesn't mean having something outstanding to add, in the events I spoke about, you have Damian's paternity being questioned, you have a Damain vs Deathstroke rivalry being pushed. You can't compare that to Bendis (which nobody cares about since Siege).
    Except Damian's so called "Bat" events weren't even done out of the bat office. With Future’s End Tim became the new Batman Beyond, with Rebirth Tec he was taken by Oz and teased at being central to the big DC mystery, with Futures End he was the Forever Robin. I even forgot to add things like Batman and Robin Eternal, where Damian had no role in. And sure, i can't compare a Deathstroke rivalry to DC putting probably one of their highest paid creators on Tim, to not just launch a book but an entire line around his team. Cause your right, those things aren't even close.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-17-2023 at 05:29 AM.

Astonishing Member

Yeah the idea that Tim can't seem to work because he's not getting enough of a push is pure delusion. Character has had a ton of push but he's been made significantly more generic since his heyday in the 90's. The character just hasn't been very good since the 90s imo.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    If they have to stack the creative team. I mean its nice when they do, but a problem when its the only way they can sell a character. We have been seeing it for a while now, we saw it with Young Justice, and were seeing it with Tim Drake Robin #1. Tim's marketability isn't what it was.
    Fitzmartin's vision of Tim is simply not working, so it's not a surprise that majority of his fans didn't bother giving her Robin title a chance, especially not after what she pulled with YJ. However, having said that, Tim's marketability is indeed not was it used to be but what I don't understand is why DC decided to go with someone like Fitzmartin, when Tim is well liked by comic writers like there must have been a better choice than her.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Note on Damian and Tim: Damian has been pushed a lot more by Batman than Tim. Batman vs Deathstroke in Rebirth, Shadow War and Robin vs Batman, and now Lazarus planet. Give Tim the same treatment in 4 years and we'll see interest in the character grow.
    You say this as if any of those titles were good, some were decent, but all Damian fans have been asking for is to get his solo title back besides Tim is Batman's Robin, so he definitely has it better right now even if his solo sucks. Tim is also always praised by the community as the "best" Robin, so where did his power go? Looking at the creative team chosen for his title, DC are either relying too much on his name to sell the book, or they had no convince in the book to begin with.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Kinda bummed that instead of a discussion of sales for the Bat titles in general, this is a fairly intense back and forth on Tim vs Damian.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Kinda bummed that instead of a discussion of sales for the Bat titles in general, this is a fairly intense back and forth on Tim vs Damian.
    And tearing apart certain creatives.

But then, it's all based on speculation anyway as there are no true numbers to use.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    In fairness it's still a discussion about the sales for bat title sales.

When I speculated that we might get Williamson's Robin back due to the numbers for Fitzmartin's Robin the plan wasn't to hijack the thread rather voicing my desires out loud.

My bad it seems.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    In fairness it's still a discussion about the sales for bat title sales.

When I speculated that we might get Williamson's Robin back due to the numbers for Fitzmartin's Robin the plan wasn't to hijack the thread rather voicing my desires out loud.

My bad it seems.

The fate of this book (and others) depends on PRE ORDERS and what a store orders.

By the time you go to a store and buy it-you don't matter to DC or Marvel.

Now this is not me saying but an actually Marvel writer pointing this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdn-TRCnr9w

Eve Ewing states this around the 1 hour and 5 minute mark or close to it.

So that would explain a lot.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The fate of this book (and others) depends on PRE ORDERS and what a store orders.

This is usually true, yes. However it would seem that Tim isn't doing terrible for some unknown reason...diehard fans who can't betray the character by not buying the title (not a judgement, just a reason.) I've tried to get into the book and only bought a couple of them...the first two issues and then the Dan Mora cover for #4. As I said in the preview thread, I can not fathom how this book does well at all. I've not heard one positive remark considering the book in either art or writing. I have noticed that Ortiz is replacing Rossmo for a couple of issues (not really much of an improvement) and new solicitations show Nikola Cizmesija for number 8 in April with a cover by Dan Panosian, not even Ortiz who has been regular cover artist since issue one. Makes me wonder if the book is short lived or in the middle of a major shake-up.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    This is usually true, yes. However it would seem that Tim isn't doing terrible for some unknown reason...diehard fans who can't betray the character by not buying the title (not a judgement, just a reason.) I've tried to get into the book and only bought a couple of them...the first two issues and then the Dan Mora cover for #4. As I said in the preview thread, I can not fathom how this book does well at all. I've not heard one positive remark considering the book in either art or writing. I have noticed that Ortiz is replacing Rossmo for a couple of issues (not really much of an improvement) and new solicitations show Nikola Cizmesija for number 8 in April with a cover by Dan Panosian, not even Ortiz who has been regular cover artist since issue one. Makes me wonder if the book is short lived or in the middle of a major shake-up.
    How issues are being ordered by the store?

I suspect that is the reason.

Because if no one has anything nice to say about the book and it's still around. It is a book that most stores will NOT complain about unsold copies like they do with POC lead books.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    It seems Robin is indeed changing artists again, and reducing the numbers of variant covers (with no incentive variant).it doesn't look promising for the series. Maybe they could wrap or shorten the new arc and entirely change the creative team.

The November ranking were also released-
    https://www.comicbookrevolution.com/...ales-rankings/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

It makes sense. The direct customers for DC are the stores since DC is paid for comics the stores order (not to mention the books are not returnable). People buying the books (or not) doesn't directly affect DC.

However, it indirectly affects DC comics. If people stop to buy the books, comic stores will order less, which means DC would sell less comics to the stores.
    Last edited by Konja7; 01-20-2023 at 07:32 PM.