Default The Luthor Family

So outside of Lex, what Luthor's have appeared over the decades? Lena Luthor, Lionel Luthor, Nasty Luthor, Lenny Luthor... Considering we're getting a push of the Super-Family right now, maybe it's time to have a full Luthor family too.

5482888-screen shot 2016-10-13 at 8.09.47 am.jpg

Maybe we can get an action figure of Lena Luthor as Ultrawoman.

Extraordinary Member

To be honest, I think the Brainiac infected Lena was pretty cool, and honestly could easily be one of DC’s cosmic characters, particularly with LEGION and REBELS.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

You can't have the Luthor clan without mention Lionel.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    So outside of Lex, what Luthor's have appeared over the decades? Lena Luthor, Lionel Luthor, Nasty Luthor, Lenny Luthor... Considering we're getting a push of the Super-Family right now, maybe it's time to have a full Luthor family too.
    I'm fond if the Master from Doctor Who. So I'm hoping the Luthors are a family of Supervillians with 1 or 2 white sheep.

Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-15-2023 at 09:35 PM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I've never been much sure of how I feel about Lex having much of a (living) family. Lionel Luthor (with me always imagining John Glover), who died when Lex killed him to take his empire, is the one family member I really support as a character (along with Lex's long dead troubled mother Lillian).

Smallville successfully, and surprisingly, turned me against Lex's Post-Crisis comics origin where he was from the Suicide Slums and for a time raised by foster parents Casey and Elaine Griggs.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-17-2023 at 09:29 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I know he is no more than property to Lex,but Conner kent is his biological son/DNA recipient,so he is a luthor
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

They really need to bring back Luthor's wife The Contessa https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Erica_Ale...za_(New_Earth)

I suppose Lex had to have his string of shattered hearts in his path to power and infamy.

How many Luthors are around this time..?

I can remember Lena (the sister), Nasty (the enemy of SUpergirl and seen in All-Star), Lena (the daughter) Ardora (the other daughter) Lukas (his bastard brother, from Smallville), Lenny (newphew from the Donnerverse), Mercy Graves (In Smallville she was really Luthesa Luthor...yeah, that)... and a pair of descendants from the future Luthor V (from a imaginary story, in the 30th century) and Luthor Luthor (from the 853rd century). These last descendants were really nice people who inherit Lex genius and lack of capillar follicles, but not his nastyness

I may be missing some one.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 01-18-2023 at 11:38 AM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I suppose Lex had to have his string of shattered hearts in his path to power and infamy.
    Yea, that's an aspect that I thought Smallville played perfectly. Shattered hearts (for both Lex and the women) over Lex's life. The show used the women as both a weakness of womanizing Lex and also something that drives his growing mistrust of all people (even when the women are good and just try to seek the truth in his lies and secrets that he feels he must keep).

The show drives at this wonderfully delicious ironic hypocrisy: Lex, a secretive serial liar, hates the honest man (who just happens to keep one secret) for lying to him.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-18-2023 at 12:17 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”