Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The girl
    spoilers:
    We are they so coy about why she is special? The resistance leader tells her off camera, she doesn't tell Joel. It is more than obvious that she is immune to the fungus and the hope of humanity.
    end of spoilers
    They might have been scared Joel was gonna try to sell her or somethin'.

And if they're fighting the pre existing government, they wouldn't want them to know.

Mighty Member

Awesome premiere

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    They might have been scared Joel was gonna try to sell her or somethin'.

And if they're fighting the pre existing government, they wouldn't want them to know.
    I didn't mean in the show. But they are playing it cute with the audience, who probably figured it out.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Last of Us did 2 things already...

- It nearly broke HBO Max as the servers couldn't handle the traffic to watch it.

- It's rating on Rotten Tomatoes is the highest ever for live action based on a video game.

Last of Us ...starting off with an explosive 1st episode.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ugh. If you played the game you knew this scene was coming but it was still rough to watch.

I think the scene was improved upon by having the fungus zombies be the group chasing them instead of the military.

This episode added some really cool story additions to how the fungus communicates and spreads. If it was mainly through spores like in the game (and in real life) there wouldn’t be any way to contain it. You couldn’t have a safe zone because a strong breeze would spread the spores and infect everyone.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    After the last video game to film adaptation "cough, cough" HALO, I really went in to this with low expiations and was totally surprised. The first episode was great and it seemed that the show runners really had an interest in the source material. Great cast and and the acting (it was good to see that they brought in some of the voice actors from the game) along with the writing and used the same composer for the music. I see this as a show that I look forward to each week.
    It helps to have the game's writer as one of the showrunners.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    This episode added some really cool story additions to how the fungus communicates and spreads. If it was mainly through spores like in the game (and in real life) there wouldn’t be any way to contain it. You couldn’t have a safe zone because a strong breeze would spread the spores and infect everyone.
    The post show of the episode addressed the spores. They work in a video game context because it's easier to be believe they can be contained. In a live action show that wouldn't fly as the spores would literally be everywhere. The fungus having a network works better for TV and it checks out with how some species of fungi work.

That episode was horrifying, then heartbreaking.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Good show! I might have pocketed a couple of grenades though on the way out. The little girl looks remarkably like a friend of mine, but who I knew as an adult version many years ago. Meaningless but just interesting to me.

Didn't much care for the game and the show looks to be much the same. First episode was alright for what it was but episode 2 was certainly a bore.
    Last edited by Jeremi; 01-24-2023 at 12:46 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Episode 2 really captured the games fear aspect. You see how bullets are limited , them all fighting to survive against the infected or clickers.

The show is a colossal hit already and it's 2nd episode did something HBO hasn't seen in years.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety...235499252/amp/
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Wow. Episode 3. Crying my eyes out over here.

Just give Nick Offerman the Emmy for best guest star now.

That was one of the sweetest romances and it wouldn’t have worked so well if it wasn’t for Offerman’s ability to play gruff and vulnerable at the same time. A really beautiful episode.

And the exclamation point was the Linda Ronstadt song. I love the fact that she’s going to be discovered/appreciated by a new generation thanks to this show.

The show gave Bill a happy ending. Neil Druckmann really is using this show to correct the narrative shortcomings of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The show gave Bill a happy ending. Neil Druckmann really is using this show to correct the narrative shortcomings of the game
    Ohhh wonder how Season 2 will correct THAT scene.

Spectacular Member

LGBT characters are rarely shown on television other than young, attractive and vibrant, so it was refreshing to see two middle aged men in a realistic relationship. I don't remember ever seeing gay men depicted as they were in this episode and I saw reflections of myself and my husband in each of the men. Bill and Frank are more the reality that I have around me. Having met my husband when I turned 50 I have told him I hate that I'm getting older faster than him and that all I want is more time.

This episode stayed with me well into the morning. The Walking Dead would have had them meet an uglier fate. In the apocalypse Bill and Frank won, and that's an amazing thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Ohhh wonder how Season 2 will correct THAT scene.
    Hopefully by developing THAT character before committing their deed, not after.