Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

No experience with the games, so that is irrelevant to me. As a show, I love it. The episodes are awesome in plotting and acting. Those who objected to the male relationship because of their whatever prejudice can go watch some reverend rave about Satan on some obscure cable channel.

While the circumstances were very different, it's no coincidence we've seen two stories where "the protector" kills themselves once their "protectee" has died or is about to die. Reinforcing the notion that someone like Joel - a "protector" only has purpose when they have someone to protect.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    I intentionally read spoilers for shows, games, movies, etc. and don't feel that I've ever been disappointed having that info beforehand. To me, it helps enhance the experience.

One's mileage may vary, though.
    That's how I am too. I read spoilers to know if something is worth my time.

Incredible Member

What going on between these two photos?

spoilers:
    Second picture looks fake, IMO. I've been watching YouTube videos about the LoU storyline since the show started (refer to previous post about enjoying spoilers), and while the character in question (Abby) seems "jacked" compared to a "typical" female, I don't think it was to this degree. I could be wrong though, having never played the game. It could also just be a weird angle (the elbow area looks especially weird).

Apparently Colleen Fotsch is the character model for Abby and...yeah...Fotsch is pretty ripped.

Not sure why you'd ask in a thread about the show, though.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 02-17-2023 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    What going on between these two photos?

Some incredible steroids?
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The first picture is the furthest flashback in Abby's past in TLOU 2 which take place around the same time as TLOU 1. The more muscular Abby is from years later (TLOU 2's present scenes) after she's considerably bulked up.

I don't think there will be as much a Time skip from seasons 1 to 2 like the games though.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Another great episode. It seems like show changed the order of events from the game

spoilers:
    I could have sworn Joel getting hurt and Ellie going solo happened before they reached the university. Joel meeting Tommy again happened near the end of game as well but happens sooner on the show. I look forward to how the show deals with Ellie encounter with the cannibals
    end of spoilers

Joel being vulnerable really hit hard. Though I was little confused about what he asked of Tommy. Did he want to leave Ellie in Jackson or did he want Tommy to take over the mission?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Another great episode. It seems like show changed the order of events from the game

spoilers:
    I could have sworn Joel getting hurt and Ellie going solo happened before they reached the university. Joel meeting Tommy again happened near the end of game as well but happens sooner on the show. I look forward to how the show deals with Ellie encounter with the cannibals
    end of spoilers

Joel being vulnerable really hit hard. Though I was little confused about what he asked of Tommy. Did he want to leave Ellie in Jackson or did he want Tommy to take over the mission?
    Yeah they definitely changed the order of things.

this is just a matter of opinion but I think this is the first episode where the game did it better.

I think there should have been a lot more lead up to Joel’s big injury. In the game there’s a battle with a big group of raiders followed by dramatic hand to hand combat which ends with a tragic fall off a ledge. Here there was like 4 guys and one random guy getting taken out quickly but getting a lucky strike. A definite lack of drama leading to a huge plot point.

Anyway, Pedro had some brilliant dramatic scenes and the guy punch of Joel realizing he’s getting old and not as strong as he used to be, which of course means he can’t protect the people he cares about.
    Last edited by Robotman; 02-20-2023 at 09:08 AM.

He was asking Tommy to take over and get her to the Fireflies.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah they definitely changed the order of things.

this is just a matter of opinion but I think this is the first episode where the game did it better.

I think there should have been a lot more lead up to Joel’s big injury. In the game there’s a battle with a big group of raiders followed by dramatic hand to hand combat which ends with a tragic fall off a ledge. Here there was like 4 guys and one random guy getting taken out quickly but getting a lucky strike. A definite lack of drama leading to a huge plot point.

Anyway, Pedro had some brilliant dramatic scenes and the guy punch of Joel realizing he’s getting old and not as strong as he used to be, which of course means he can’t protect the people he cares about.
    Ymmv of course, but I think the scene playing out as "anti-climactic" as you put it is the point. It's meant to reinforce that Joel scene you just mentioned. Being injured fighting one guy fits that narrative more than if he'd been taking on a bunch of guys and fell, because anyone who was still strong and in their prime would've been injured in that scenario. Joel already has plot armor, but we never want to think that he can't be taken out by one regular guy - because he can. It just adds to the real sense of danger. So, that's why it worked for me. The real drama of the show will be what happens next - not just a big fight.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    He was asking Tommy to take over and get her to the Fireflies.
    I think that's a fucked up thing for Joel to ask of his brother after knowing he will be a dad.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Finally watched the Henry and his brother episode. That one at the end was sad. I hated how it went. (I did hope we'd see Kathleen and her group a few more episodes)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I think that's a fucked up thing for Joel to ask of his brother after knowing he will be a dad.
    I kinda get it - I mean, if Ellie can save the world, that's pretty important. But one thing I didn't really buy: Even if Joel thought he wasn't enough to protect her, why not go together? I don't think he was so down on himself that he thought of himself as a liability and even if Tommy's more capable, two is still better than one and Joel would want to help keep both of them safe. I just didn't buy that aspect of the drama, where it had to be either Tommy or Joel.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I kinda get it - I mean, if Ellie can save the world, that's pretty important. But one thing I didn't really buy: Even if Joel thought he wasn't enough to protect her, why not go together? I don't think he was so down on himself that he thought of himself as a liability and even if Tommy's more capable, two is still better than one and Joel would want to help keep both of them safe. I just didn't buy that aspect of the drama, where it had to be either Tommy or Joel.
    On the off chance that Ellie immunity doesn't lead to a vaccine I don't think Joel should put that on his brother who actually has things to lose.

I couldn't help during the last part being reminded of a glitch that occurs in at least the older versions of the game with Ellie on horseback during the University chapter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoUP8KfDzFQ
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth