View Poll Results: Should Female Actors always be required to get into shape as the Male Actors

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 33.33%
  • No

1 33.33%
  • Neutral on the matter

1 33.33%

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Should Female Actors always be required to get into shape as the Male Actors?

The body image issue is usually a hot topic of controversy with a lot of sexism and misogynistic accusations, but is it also fair that it will be a lie for people to pretend that looking your best on screen does have an impact?

Men (male actors) are all required to shape up for roles, I cannot name one actor who has stared in a comic book or action film that has not hit the gym to get the arbs or the masculine body. I really cannot name one single actor, every actor gets into shape for a particular or certain role.

For me, it is fair to also demand the same thing for women, that they should get into shape for the role without been accused of been sexist or misogynistic, we don't use the same language for men so why do we do that for women.

I don't find that it is sexist or misogynistic that a studio wont let a woman who weighs more than 200 pounds to play wonder woman, I find that to be realistic in the world of show business and character physicality.

I think there need to be an honest discussion on how we discuss body image and calling out fat shamming, while at the same time expecting an actress to look a certain part to play a role in movies or in television.

What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by Fridays; 01-16-2023 at 06:42 AM.