Niffleheim

Default Anne Rice's Immortal Universe (Interview with a Vampire & Mayfair Witches) - AMC

Interview with a Vampire

Mayfair Witches (premieres early 2023)
    Last edited by Tofali; 01-16-2023 at 11:18 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Niffleheim

Premiers January 5th. I wonder If the Vampire Chronicles and the Mayfair Witches will have a crossover? I highly doubt it - I don't see AMC doing crossovers.
    Last edited by Tofali; 01-16-2023 at 11:19 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Incredible Member

Those who have read the novels the show is based on. What did you think of them?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayfair_Witches
    Last edited by gwhh; 01-13-2023 at 04:30 PM.

Niffleheim

I enjoyed the Interview with the Vampire - they came out swinging but with Mayfair Witches it debuted with a whimper for me. I'm still interested though simply because of the universe than what was served as a pilot hopefully they pick up the pace.

Mighty Member

I have not watched Mayfair Witches yet but I loved Interview with the Vampire, one of my favorite shows from last year.

However, Interview with the Vampire made a lot of significant changes from the book so your enjoyment may depend on how much of a book purist you are.

Niffleheim

I'm glad they made the changes to be honest I was trying hard to convince myself to watch it until I heard that the writers were going to be exploring toxic relationships.

I've never cared for Interview with a Vampire, even the original movie, so I had no interest in that show. Mayfair Witches, on the other hand, looks interesting and I intend to check that out.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I've never cared for Interview with a Vampire, even the original movie, so I had no interest in that show. Mayfair Witches, on the other hand, looks interesting and I intend to check that out.
    Friendly tip...

Don't be a blockhead about this one.

The show's Claudia?

I could see her changing the minds of even folks who out and out hated the books/film.

Some of the best acting on television last year. Easily.

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    Those who have read the novels the show is based on. What did you think of them?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayfair_Witches
    I go to The Anne Rice Vampire Ball in New Orleans every year. I've got to meet and have conversations with Anne, she was a very present woman. As of my opinion of the TV adaptations of her work? I think they are awful and that's being nice. The characters are totally changed outside of there name. The stories are striped of their nuance completely disregarding her personal allegory that she poured into her books. I could go on and on about how it fails but one of the biggest is Chris Rice's complete apathy toward the show. He is touted by the show as an executive producer but acts as if the shows don't even exist.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting