Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    At this point, I would just like DC to address it in some form. I'm not looking for Johns/Janin to spill personal information if something has been going on in their personal lives. I would just like some form of public acknowledgement, like, "Hey, we know we've done a poor job of producing the content in a timely manner to this point, and we are working on it. Stick with us and we will get back on track!", or something along those lines. Otherwise, it just looks like they are pushing out a Johns and/or Janin vanity project that they are just happy to let happen whenever they get around to it.
    And for all we know, it could be another symptom of the Discovery acquisition of WB, with Discovery mucking with EVERYTHING they acquired.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's probably printing problems. I notice that DC overall is publishing a lot less than Marvel. The House of Ideas has their house in order. Their Distinguished Competition does not, it seems.
    Honestly i don't think it's the problem. It's only the Geoff Johns title who are delay. The rest of DC Titles don't have printing problems visible. For me until we have the contrary the problem come from Geoff Johns. Not from the art because the artist are not know for delay. Also not editorial because i don't saw why the editors would do problems.

It's just Johns who can write in time.

Astonishing Member

I don't know about Stargirl,but for Justice Society, Janin's stint with Morrison had multiple fill-in artists on the Superman and the Authority book. #2 had three artists and #3 had one. And we are seeing similar patterns with Justice Society having fill-ins by Ordway. I'm sure Johns probably is skating close to deadlines, but unless Morrison is also doing it, Janin probably needs more lead time and better organization via DC for a monthly (like during his Batman stuff with King).

A couple of variant covers for what's due out this month:

Stargirl The Lost Children #6 (of 6)
    1:25 Kevin Maguire Card Stock Variant
    ship date 05/09/2023 (orig. 4/18/2023)

Justice Society of America #4
    Yanick Paquette Card Stock Variant
    ship date 05/23/2023 (orig. 03/28/2023)

The ladies of the JSA .

Man, that Yolanda variant is very cool.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dioman-san View Post
    Honestly i don't think it's the problem. It's only the Geoff Johns title who are delay. The rest of DC Titles don't have printing problems visible. For me until we have the contrary the problem come from Geoff Johns. Not from the art because the artist are not know for delay. Also not editorial because i don't saw why the editors would do problems.

It's just Johns who can write in time.
    Nice cope pal

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I don't know about Stargirl,but for Justice Society, Janin's stint with Morrison had multiple fill-in artists on the Superman and the Authority book. #2 had three artists and #3 had one. And we are seeing similar patterns with Justice Society having fill-ins by Ordway. I'm sure Johns probably is skating close to deadlines, but unless Morrison is also doing it, Janin probably needs more lead time and better organization via DC for a monthly (like during his Batman stuff with King).
    I thought the fill-in artists on Superman and The Authority were because they had to change some details after repurposing the story.

Janin didn't have problems when he was on Grayson, although that was almost 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Man, that Yolanda variant is very cool.
    Also, Yanick Paquette's variant covers for this series so far (at least through issue #7) are all part of one larger image:

NOTE: I just did a cut-and-paste of the covers in "paint", so some connections aren't perfect.

Astonishing Member

Issue 6 was leaked on 4 chan.

You see flashback panels for Android Hourman from his JSA days, his time with the JSA and Jack Knight and the time when he sacrificed himself to save Rex Tyler and his son Rick.

Rest you have to look for yourself because spoilers.
    Last edited by D.Z; 05-04-2023 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post

You see flashback panels for Android Hourman from his JSA days, his time with the JSA and Jack Knight and the time when he sacrificed himself to save Rex Tyler and his son Rick.

Well Stargirl: The Lost Children #6 is (supposedly) due out this coming Tuesday (May 9th), so the preview should be coming available shortly.

I don't know what's going on here, but even with STARGIRL THE LOST CHILDREN #6 (supposedly) due out this coming Tuesday (May 9th, even though Previewsworld still lists it as May 2nd), neither Previewsworld, tfaw.com, nor leagueofcomicgeeks.com seem to have an image yet for the Marguerite Sauvage Card Stock Variant (Cover B) version.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post

Yeah.. it's great.. love ALL what hapenned..

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Also, Yanick Paquette's variant covers for this series so far (at least through issue #7) are all part of one larger image:

NOTE: I just did a cut-and-paste of the covers in "paint", so some connections aren't perfect.

This image is just begging to be made into an epic sized poster.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    This image is just begging to be made into an epic sized poster.
    And the costum for Helena is very better.