Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Hmm. I wonder if that's for the best or not. Without that information, we don't know if we should try to help a title. And I sure as hell don't trust DC or Marvel when they say something is doing bad.
    It's sadly for the best because too many FOLKS especially those who don't even read DC or Marvel use those list as weapons to attack certain creators and books of POC, LGBTQA and some females. As some proof nobody is buying a book that feel should never exist in the first place.

And those lists were always book SHIPPED to a store.
    And there is another factor-not every book listed in Preview Worlds is a title that can be ordered by stores.

Static's Arika Homage cover-that cover did not appear in any Final Order List of any store in my city.

And last factor-DC and Marvel ONLY cares about PRE-ORDERS. They don't care how many copies sell to a person or how many rot on a shelf.

So while that might work for Bat Jesus. That doesn't help JSA, Blue Beetle, Waid's Teen Titans, Jon Boy Kent and the Milestone books.
    Because both of those tend to be books that sell out whatever copies and that's it. First come first serve and wait on the trade.

It's not that they are not selling-they don't warrant large orders. Which is what DC wants.

Meanwhile at Boom and Image-they put X numbers and then reprint. You can't tell me some of those books warrant 5-7 reprints. No they are doing low print runs.

Astonishing Member

Sorry. That was bad.

There needs to be some kind of clean break to clear out the unresolved plot teases once and for all

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I agree with most of this except that I don't think that the book needs to be canceled. Just have Jeremy Adams take over as the writer & continue on.
    While he'd be good, I do think they'd be best off relaunching with a new #1 at this point.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It's sadly for the best because too many FOLKS especially those who don't even read DC or Marvel use those list as weapons to attack certain creators and books of POC, LGBTQA and some females. As some proof nobody is buying a book that feel should never exist in the first place.

And those lists were always book SHIPPED to a store.
    And there is another factor-not every book listed in Preview Worlds is a title that can be ordered by stores.

Static's Arika Homage cover-that cover did not appear in any Final Order List of any store in my city.

And last factor-DC and Marvel ONLY cares about PRE-ORDERS. They don't care how many copies sell to a person or how many rot on a shelf.

So while that might work for Bat Jesus. That doesn't help JSA, Blue Beetle, Waid's Teen Titans, Jon Boy Kent and the Milestone books.
    Because both of those tend to be books that sell out whatever copies and that's it. First come first serve and wait on the trade.

It's not that they are not selling-they don't warrant large orders. Which is what DC wants.

Meanwhile at Boom and Image-they put X numbers and then reprint. You can't tell me some of those books warrant 5-7 reprints. No they are doing low print runs.
    I dunno.

I remember when we have OYL. Publicly available information allowed us to get an inkling into DC's mindset. We could see, at the time, that Cassandra Cain's Batgirl outsold Firestorm, Hawkman and Catwoman, but they came back and Cass didn't, demonstrating a clear agenda on the part of DC.

Now, we have no information to hold Marvel or DC accountable.

Kkkk another month delay.. for 25 may.

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    ^This. Just get on with it already! Start a new series, with a new team now, and whenever Johns gets around to finishing the last few issues, release them as a special. It's not like he's done any deep dives into the actual team anyway, it's been all about the YJS, Ruby, backstory on Helena Wayne, etc.
    Exactly! It hasn't even been a damn JSA book. Put this book out it's misery.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    Kkkk another month delay.. for 25 may.
    Well seeing that there are 3 new Ghost Machine series were launched this week, that were all written by Geoff Johns, it's clear the JSA series is not a priority to Johns. The Justice Society needs a new writer who has time and care for them, that makes their book and fans a priority.

Amazing Member

When was the last time a DC book had a fill-in writer? It would have been nice to have some one-offs by others during the months Johns' issues missed.

Another Geoff Johns book, I think - Shazam. There was two filler issues made, one of them was released in the middle of the Seven Magic Lands story, and the other was the final issue.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'm starting to think that by the time JSA #12 is released, the Legion of Super Heroes time will no longer be in our future, but present day.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I'm starting to think that by the time JSA #12 is released, the Legion of Super Heroes time will no longer be in our future, but present day.
    Hahah! Nice one!

Jeremy Adams and Marco Santucci are working on a JSA tie-in issue for the Absolute Power event.

Absolute Power: Task Force VII #3 ends the month with a bang on July 31, as the Amazo robot Jadestone absorbs the powers of the Justice Society of America. But after being compromised by Green Lantern Alan Scott’s willpower, Jadestone is faced with the possibility of making its own decisions. Will it continue to execute Waller’s orders or exercise free will, as the remaining JSA members attempt a rescue to free their teammates and escape to the Tower of Fate? Find out in this story from Green Lantern writer Jeremy Adams and artist Marco Santucci.

https://www.dc.com/blog/2024/04/18/a...ckbuster-event

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrydefulHunts View Post
    Jeremy Adams and Marco Santucci are working on a JSA tie-in issue for the Absolute Power event.

Absolute Power: Task Force VII #3 ends the month with a bang on July 31, as the Amazo robot Jadestone absorbs the powers of the Justice Society of America. But after being compromised by Green Lantern Alan Scott’s willpower, Jadestone is faced with the possibility of making its own decisions. Will it continue to execute Waller’s orders or exercise free will, as the remaining JSA members attempt a rescue to free their teammates and escape to the Tower of Fate? Find out in this story from Green Lantern writer Jeremy Adams and artist Marco Santucci.

https://www.dc.com/blog/2024/04/18/a...ckbuster-event
    I could get behind them as a new creative team for a JSA book.

Has issue 12 even been solicited? I've lost track of what has come out, what hasn't and what's been re-solicited.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski