Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    I'm guessing DC will put the JSA to rest again and I don't think those three solo minis have sold very well.
    How would you know? They don't reveal the sales numbers nowadays.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    How would you know? They don't reveal the sales numbers nowadays.
    They don't? How do they keep that secret?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Comic Pro has a top 200 for each month - none of the JSA trinity solo issues were in the top 50 for March 2024. Sandman is ahead, followed by Jay and then Alan.

Incredible Member

Comic Pro has a top 200 for each month - none of the JSA trinity solo issues were in the top 50 for March 2024. Sandman is ahead, followed by Jay and then Alan.
    Are you thinking of ComicsHub, the POS system used by retailers? If so, that is a small fraction, I seem to recall hearing it was only around 10% of the total vendor base in the US.
    I don't recall ever seeing a top 200 sales list being released by ComicsPro. ICv2 does release a top 200 to their membership base.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    By not using Diamond as their distributors. We used to have the numbers before the chaos caused by their COVID shutdown prompted both Marvel and DC to switch to other companies.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That's not the order I was expecting at all.

Ultimate Member

By not using Diamond as their distributors. We used to have the numbers before the chaos caused by their COVID shutdown prompted both Marvel and DC to switch to other companies.
    Hmm. I wonder if that's for the best or not. Without that information, we don't know if we should try to help a title. And I sure as hell don't trust DC or Marvel when they say something is doing bad.

Astonishing Member

I’ve got to wonder if Johns basically wandering off mid-run has left some of the more expendable JSA characters (like the YJSA) vulnerable to being the cannon fodder for Waller’s purge?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I’ve got to wonder if Johns basically wandering off mid-run has left some of the more expendable JSA characters (like the YJSA) vulnerable to being the cannon fodder for Waller’s purge?
    It'd be kind of appropriate, in an ironic way, if Johns' last creations for DC wound up as event fodder.

Fantastic Member

To be fair, we never had accurate sales figures even when everything was distributed by Diamond. The figures that would be printed at Comichron or the Beat were calculated by looking at the sales ranking of comics shipped by Diamond estimating what those titles sold by indexing them against the baseline sales of a single title (It was usually Batman) and many creators claimed that these figures could often be wildly off. The comics companies have always been famously tight-lipped about sales figures.

And that's not even sales to CONSUMERS it's sales to distributors and shops.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

We are long past anything reasonable for this kind of delay. It's become quite disrespectful to the fans of the characters and readers of the book. As much as I love the characters, I am all for just canceling the title outright and giving it to someone else to start over.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    We are long past anything reasonable for this kind of delay. It's become quite disrespectful to the fans of the characters and readers of the book. As much as I love the characters, I am all for just canceling the title outright and giving it to someone else to start over.

I agree with most of this except that I don't think that the book needs to be canceled. Just have Jeremy Adams take over as the writer & continue on.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    ^This. Just get on with it already! Start a new series, with a new team now, and whenever Johns gets around to finishing the last few issues, release them as a special. It's not like he's done any deep dives into the actual team anyway, it's been all about the YJS, Ruby, backstory on Helena Wayne, etc.