Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Looks like we’re finally not getting JSA solicitation for February 2024.
    So that the previous releases solicitations can catch up, due to all the delays.
    Or maybe they're working on getting him an early release from the number of issues he had been committed to?

FWIW, Justice Society of America #9 (originally solicited for 11/21/2023) appears to be currently scheduled for February 6th, 2024 when I last looked, while Justice Society of America #10 (originally solicited for 12/19/2023) is currently in need of a new date.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I believe that was just on DC's own site the digital issue(s) of Stargirl: The Lost Children showed up a week earlier than on other sites / in the stores.
    That makes sense.

Fantastic Member

Since there's a lot of discussion on the JSA #8 thread about everything other than the topic of that particular issue, here's a quick bump for any brave soul who wants to chew and stew over their thoughts on the scheduling of the series.

The FOC date is this Sunday for issue #9.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    Since there's a lot of discussion on the JSA #8 thread about everything other than the topic of that particular issue, here's a quick bump for any brave soul who wants to chew and stew over their thoughts on the scheduling of the series.
    Those delays are ridiculous. If the creative team is to blame, it's time for a change. If it's editorial's fault, please admit it and explain what's going on.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The Lunar Distribution website now lists JSA #9 for 3/12/2024, FOC date has not changed so this may be the real deal.

Alan Scott: The Green Lantern #5 was pushed back for 3/12/2024 as well.

Incredible Member

Did anyone that subscribes to Popverse listen to the recent interview with Johns? Did he address the embarrassing shipping delays at all?

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    Did anyone that subscribes to Popverse listen to the recent interview with Johns? Did he address the embarrassing shipping delays at all?
    I did but no, he didn't. This is my comment from a previous thread (the JSA #8 preview one) but this is the closest anyone's come to addressing the delays:

"There's an interesting quote from Geoff Johns in an interview he did two months ago: "the key honestly is that we control the schedule. When we did Geiger and Junkyard Joe, it's been for the most part shipped on time. You know when you work with other companies they have, like, fourth quarterly-- you know, numbers they need to hit. So, a lot of the times your book will be moved up from like April of the year to November because they want those first two issues and then you're always behind. You don't get to control the schedule." (x)

To me, this doesn't sound like examples that manifested out of nowhere. The New Golden Age and Justice Society of America #1 both came out in November 2022 but could it be that the JSA ongoing was born late, so to speak? As in, it was meant for April 2023 (with the TNGA primer coming out in November) and they've just never quite caught up after hurrying to get that first issue done. Just a thought!"

If anyone would like to see his Popverse interview in full though I'd be happy to share a PDF!

Quote Originally Posted by fatebuddy27 View Post
    I did but no, he didn't. This is my comment from a previous thread (the JSA #8 preview one) but this is the closest anyone's come to addressing the delays:

"There's an interesting quote from Geoff Johns in an interview he did two months ago: "the key honestly is that we control the schedule. When we did Geiger and Junkyard Joe, it's been for the most part shipped on time. You know when you work with other companies they have, like, fourth quarterly-- you know, numbers they need to hit. So, a lot of the times your book will be moved up from like April of the year to November because they want those first two issues and then you're always behind. You don't get to control the schedule." (x)

To me, this doesn't sound like examples that manifested out of nowhere. The New Golden Age and Justice Society of America #1 both came out in November 2022 but could it be that the JSA ongoing was born late, so to speak? As in, it was meant for April 2023 (with the TNGA primer coming out in November) and they've just never quite caught up after hurrying to get that first issue done. Just a thought!"

If anyone would like to see his Popverse interview in full though I'd be happy to share a PDF!
    I’d like to see it can you PM it to me please?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I've defended Johns for years about delays on his books but I'm done. It's time to get a new writer on this book. He should have finished up his commitments at DC before starting up Ghost Machine. That being said, give the JSA to Jeremy Adams.
    Last edited by Dr. Poison; 02-10-2024 at 08:44 AM.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member

I think the delays, after Johns making DC sit on the JSA for over a decade has probably done irreparable harm to JSA in a comics market as imploded as the current one

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I think the delays, after Johns making DC sit on the JSA for over a decade has probably done irreparable harm to JSA in a comics market as imploded as the current one
    I have to agree.

Both comics companies have stopped really developing their properties, and just milking what they have. And sadly for the JSA, they were in limbo too long for that to apply to them.

They could easily be a reliable franchise if effort was put in, but that's too much to ask these days.

New release date is 3/19/24. A near 3 month gap since the last issue on 12/26/23.

Who we can blame now? Jhons is in ALL comiccon with his GHOST MACHINE tour.