Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Well DC did put a big name creative team on this JSA project so they were willing to spend the money to make the new version of the JSA work. Unfortunately they couldn’t meet a deadline to save their lives and it’s tanking this book.
    Creative teams DO NOT set publishing deadlines. Like I've said in the past, Geoff Johns has a longer record of meeting deadlines than missing them. He only started missing them when he got more involved with the tv side of things. DC and Marvel have a history of scheduling books way before they should but fans always blame the creative teams for some reason. Regardless of who is to blame the lateness of this book has definitely killed it's momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Creative teams DO NOT set publishing deadlines. Like I've said in the past, Geoff Johns has a longer record of meeting deadlines than missing them. He only started missing them when he got more involved with the tv side of things. DC and Marvel have a history of scheduling books way before they should but fans always blame the creative teams for some reason. Regardless of who is to blame the lateness of this book has definitely killed it's momentum.
    Seconded. The gap between issue #8 and issue #9 is 73 days, which is the longest delay this series has seen. Is it best to just relaunch the title at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by PrydefulHunts View Post
    Seconded. The gap between issue #8 and issue #9 is 73 days, which is the longest delay this series has seen. Is it best to just relaunch the title at this point?
    Or pause it until the rest of the issues are completely finished and ready for publication. Then start publishing them again monthly are even twice a month to quickly wrap it up. I was so excited for this series and now I just want it to be over so it can be relaunched with a new creative team. But like I said I blame DC not the creative team.

Amazing Member

The Eclipso plot thread is what interests me most in this book, so I was disappointed that the last issue didn't move it along at all. The last we saw was Wildcat going after Amanda Waller, but will she even still be in power by the time this series gets there?

I'm very curious to see whether DC will put a new writer on this once Johns' issues are finally published, try a relaunch, or just pull the plug.
    Last edited by RogueWhistler; 03-05-2024 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrydefulHunts View Post
    They should relaunch after issue 12. Sales will be much higher with a new book than continuing one that's been delayed so much.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by RogueWhistler View Post
    The Eclipso plot thread is what interests me most in this book, so I was disappointed that the last issue didn't move it along at all. The last we saw was Wildcat going after Amanda Waller, but will she even still be in power by the time this series gets there?

I'm very curious to see whether DC will put a new writer on this once Johns' issues are finally published, try a relaunch, or just pull the plug.
    Well all the recent covers that have been published and shown have that 12 issue series logo. So there's not going to be a #13 with a new creative team. Hopefully DC will re-launch immediately with a A+ creative team that's already working on those issues so their won't be any delays.

As sad as this is, I hope they relaunch and change direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They should relaunch after issue 12. Sales will be much higher with a new book than continuing one that's been delayed so much.
    And DC give loyal fans a big a F-YOU about addressing these delays or letting you know why they are occurring in the first place. End of the day if you don't like it, vote with your dollars.
    Last edited by Doctor Kent Nelson; 03-06-2024 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    And DC give loyal fans a big a F-YOU about addressing these delays or letting you know why they are occurring in the first place. End of the day if you don't like it, vote with your dollars.
    If you don’t like it, vote with your dollars against Johns’ latest venture. Readers have suffered these kinds of delays from books he was writing since he returned to DC after leaving to pursue film/TV.

At some point, one has to recognize there is a common denominator, and it is not DC. Maybe JSA is an outlier, an exception that proves the rule, but it can’t be a coincidence that the DC series’ most delayed since Johns left and came back were each written by Johns himself.

I’m voting with my dollars by DCUI Ultra-waiting any DC book he’s writing. There are two convenient things about JSA with regards to that.

Number one is that, considering the delays, each issue appears on Ultra a month after it hits stores meaning I can read an issue for free long before the next one comes out and not miss a thing.

Number two is that, no matter how much I have loved his writing for DC, this appears to be his last series for them for a while at least and that means the end of these entirely reliable delays.

It’s a Hobson’s Choice, one I’d hoped I’d never have to make, but I’d prefer a lesser writer that actually cares about writing this team enough that he won’t make us wait months on end between issues. That is from someone who freaking loves Geoff Johns and virtually every single thing he has written for DC.

I was elated to find that he would be writing a JSA series since I don’t think anyone has ever done it better, even Roy Thomas. It was the only thing that could have made the long wait to see them return worthwhile.

At this point, I wish it never happened. I would have been happy to have waited years longer for another writer who wouldn’t so badly diminish the property. There was so much excitement about the return of the JSA. How much of that excitement remains after these incredible delays?

And Helena Wayne has always actually been my favorite DC character. I grew up on the 70s JSA and was 16 years old when COIE killed her off in a single panel. There’s no character I’ve wished to see return more than her. That she’s been the primary focus of the series so far pretty much doubled my excitement for the return of the JSA.

Given my decades-long obsession with the original super-team—one that outpaced my love for any other DC property—and decades too of longing for the return of Helena Wayne, I don’t know who could have been a better target audience than me for this series, specifically as written by Johns. I mean, I love the team, I love the character who’s been gone for so long and has been so prominent in the latest iteration, and I have deeply loved the writer.

At this point, I honestly couldn’t care less. I’ll read his issues on DC Ultra because why not, they’re free. But I’m not going to actually look forward to reading another JSA book until they bring in a writer that actually cares about writing it.
    Last edited by BatmanJones; 03-06-2024 at 06:50 PM.

I forgot about this article where Johns confirmed this series to end at issue #12 https://www.visionistcove.com/comics...ica-to-expand/

> That’s right, after the ongoing series concludes its run of 12 issues, Johns has promised that the team will expand, becoming a ‘global organisation’.

I'd hope this means more content for JSA characters, but this series has been ignored by the other DC books outside the NGA line that I'm unsure if this expansion for the JSA will be true.

I really doubt there will be an issue 13 of this book. The question for me is will DC continue with a Justice Society book? The Jay Garrick, Alan Scott, and Wes Dodds minis are good signs in that DC is getting those characters out there. At the rate this book is going, we might see it finished in 2024.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Oh, I've been reading it on the high seas, lol.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

HA! So it's true, he does have access to every single reality!

I'm guessing DC will put the JSA to rest again and I don't think those three solo minis have sold very well.

I'm guessing DC will put the JSA to rest again and I don't think those three solo minis have sold very well.
    I was hoping against hope that DC would follow them up with three more titles featuring JSA members, like minis for Wildcat, Hourman or the Spectre. Not expecting it but hoping...