Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PrydefulHunts View Post
    New release date is 3/19/24. A near 3 month gap since the last issue on 12/26/23.
    Sadly, the storylines just lose all steam when the wait between books is that long. After 3 months I've completely lost any of the finer details of the plot I was supposed to remember.

And as someone else said, after waithing approx 12 years for the return of the real JSA, this is all but killing the franchise. Thank God for the 3 Alan/Jay/Wesley offshoot books.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    Who we can blame now? Jhons is in ALL comiccon with his GHOST MACHINE tour.
    DC and the upper management.

I mean, the JSA have been in how many different mediums for how long now?

I don't place too much faith in synergy, but the JSA have been in Smallville, the CW-verse, and played a big role in the well received Stargirl, and for all it's flaws, Black Adam was not a financial bomb. As comics are in an upswing in popular culture, the JSA are hardly obscure.

But, ironically, a bunch of old white guys don't think that a team formed by a bunch of old white guys can succeed. And they'll keep sabotaging the JSA until they prove that.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Sadly, the storylines just lose all steam when the wait between books is that long. After 3 months I've completely lost any of the finer details of the plot I was supposed to remember.

And as someone else said, after waithing approx 12 years for the return of the real JSA, this is all but killing the franchise. Thank God for the 3 Alan/Jay/Wesley offshoot books.
    Thought it was the 3/5/24? Well The new Golden Age books are in the same boat as the Wildstorm which is a shame since Warner bros train of thought is similar to Disney IMHO. They don't want anything that doesn't involve Bats, Supes ,and Diana which is a shame that DC has a vast collection of companies they bought & can not do anything original but tank just it all my advice to both companies is quit listening to the parents who buy your Blu-Rays & streaming not the people who smell the coffee & don't have kids
    Last edited by Captain Britain of Earth 20; 02-26-2024 at 02:28 PM.
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Britain of Earth 20 View Post
    Thought it was the 3/5/24? Well The new Golden Age books are in the same boat as the Wildstorm which is a shame since Warner bros train of thought is similar to Disney IMHO. They don't want anything that doesn't involve Bats, Supes ,and Diana which is a shame that DC has a vast collection of companies they bought & can not do anything original but tank just it all my advice to both companies is quit listening to the parents who buy your Blu-Rays & streaming not the people who smell the coffee & don't have kids
    If DC is only interested in Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman and telling stories with them at the expense of their other characters, perhaps they should consider licensing out the JSA and others to companies such as Dynamite which might do right by them.

I wonder if the JSA delays are starting to affect the Alan Scott mini. Issue #5 got pushed back to March 29th after being delayed multiple times priors.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Where has this book been?

Is that the cover for #12?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Is that the cover for #12?
    Variant cover for #11.

Astonishing Member

The more late, the more kino. The AAA game way.

At this point just release the damn thing as a graphic novel.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    If DC is only interested in Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman and telling stories with them at the expense of their other characters, perhaps they should consider licensing out the JSA and others to companies such as Dynamite which might do right by them.
    If only we were that lucky......
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Amazing Member

I only buy Sandman by Vendetti and JSA by Johns from DC. I was a little sad thinking about how they are both just Mini-series and I won't be getting new books from DC anymore. Then I realized I'll be buying JSA by Johns for the next 12 years and I cheered up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    Well DC did put a big name creative team on this JSA project so they were willing to spend the money to make the new version of the JSA work. Unfortunately they couldn’t meet a deadline to save their lives and it’s tanking this book.

Such a shame these delays have killed my interest in this book. At the start I desperately wanted Beth gone and Pieter back as Dr Mid-Nite, now it doesn't matter as it's not like either one gets page-time in an actual JSA book.

I have been enjoying Jay and Alan's books though, very impressed with them. Wesley's just hasn't grabbed me so far, but 2 out of 3 ain't bad.