Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

My understanding is that the delays of DDC were because Geoff Johns hadn't actually decided on an ending when he started writing it. Combined with his priority being on TV/Film, i think it's clear the delays were on him.

As for why they ditched it as the pillar of the DCU going forward, that's 100% down to the delays, whatever their cause. DC simply couldn't hold back on all their publishing initiatives and such for so long, especially it was unclear how long it would take in the end.

Also, I've heard that DC staff have really not gotten along with Johns for a while. It could've been as simply as spite.

Legion getting rebooted by Bendis definitely affected DDC's ending too, as Saturn Girl had featured, and had to be erased from existence. The implication is that Flash Forward happens simultaneously, as Wally's the one who restored the Legion and JSA to the timeline, that Legion being the version Bendis would properly introduce. Which doesn't mesh well, as Flash Forward leads directly into Death Metal, which replaced DDC as the event to reshape the DC Universe.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Previewsworld, Things from Another World and League of Comic Geeks still say:
    Issue #7 = Nov. 14th, 2023
    Issue #8 = Dec. 19th, 2023
    Issue #9 = Jan. 30th, 2024

and League of Comic Geeks still has
    Issue #10 = TBD

It will be interesting to see if there are any further date changes / re-solicitations after this weekend or not.

By the way, isn't this coming Friday the 3rd Friday of the month?
    Wouldn't that normally be when DC releases their new solicitations (in this case, the ones for January 2024)?

It will be interesting to see what happens regarding Justice Society of America then.
    Hopefully DC won't solicit Justice Society of America #11 for January 2024 . . .

They cancelled #10's December solicit, so if JSA is solicited, I would expect it to be that issue, not #11.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They cancelled #10's December solicit, so if JSA is solicited, I would expect it to be that issue, not #11.
    This is assuming DC knows what it is doing . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Previewsworld, Things from Another World and League of Comic Geeks still say:
    Issue #7 = Nov. 14th, 2023
    Issue #8 = Dec. 19th, 2023
    Issue #9 = Jan. 30th, 2024

and League of Comic Geeks still has
    Issue #10 = TBD

It will be interesting to see if there are any further date changes / re-solicitations after this weekend or not.
    Correction: League of Comic Geeks now has:
    Issue #7 = Nov. 21st, 2023
    Issue #8 = Dec. 26th, 2023
    Issue #9 = Feb. 6th, 2024
    Issue #10 = TBD

Correction: League of Comic Geeks now has:
    Issue #7 = Nov. 21st, 2023
    Issue #8 = Dec. 26th, 2023
    Issue #9 = Feb. 6th, 2024
    Issue #10 = TBD
    Things from Another World has also gone with those dates, but at last check Previewsworld hadn't done so yet.

And we're looking at two-and-a-half months between issue #6 and #7 as long as it doesn't get pushed out even further . . .

It is a complete disrespectfull with JSA fan. I always defend Jonhs but now I don't even want to read his new imprint.

Things from Another World has also gone with those dates, but at last check Previewsworld hadn't done so yet.

And we're looking at two-and-a-half months between issue #6 and #7 as long as it doesn't get pushed out even further . . .
    Oh for Pete's sake. Just release #7 now, and end it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Oh for Pete's sake. Just release #7 now, and end it there.
    I sort of want to read issue #8 which is suppose to touch on Justice Society Dark, but I know the feeling.

Well, I think we can now cut Janin some slack....when it takes two and a half months to get a fill-in issue out, there is a DEFINITE problem, one that now seems to be pointing in the directions of both the writer and the editorial staff.
    HOWEVER.....the fact that Editorial has done NOTHING to correct this problem after a year tells me they just don’t care, so the MAIN load of blame falls squarely in their laps.

Yeah, ultimately it is on DC for hiring Johns in the first place and letting the situation get out of hand. And not giving any explanation to fans why there are so many delays.

The worst for me will be If they cut the plots that Geoff introduced and cancel the book, one of their best selling tittle when come out. I just think of Jeremy Adans tô continue this.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    Well, I think we can now cut Janin some slack....
    I don't think he ever earned any blame in the first place.

Art is the part of a comic book that can take the longest time to produce. If there are delays in providing the artist with the information / details needed to draw the pages, then the artist can't just rush through those pages to make up for the delays unless people are willing to put up with half-assed art.