Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    I would have thought any issues would have become clear by March/April....three issues in six months.
    If they acted upon it at that time, we should see results around July/August. If things seem to be remaining the same at that point ~say, #6 in September ~ then a bi-monthly schedule seems to be the status quo.
    Frankly, I’m surprised they haven’t brought in a fill-in artist to do a few issues, sort of like Liam Sharp on Batman/Catwoman. I would think this would be the way to go, especially if the book IS an ongoing!
    But, we don't know if the art is the reason for all these delays or not.
    Yes, art is a very labor-intensive part of an issue that often requires more time than scripting, but we still haven't been told why there are so many delays on this series.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, it looks like Justice Society of America #4 will be out this week. Now we have to see when issue #5 will be released.

At present, tfaw.com, leagueofcomicgeeks.com, and Previewsworld all have the date of June 20, 2023 listed for issue #5.
    (The issue was originally solicited for 03/28/2023 and later was resolicited for 04/25/2023.)
    Geez, why the effort to make Dr. Fate, who once had one of DC's most striking costumes, butt-ugly? That look is horrendous. Also, I can't identify who it is under Hawman's wing (on the left). Can anybody help me here?

Peace

That's Ruby. She's basically a red version of Jade. The daughter of Golden Age Red Lantern.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Geez, why the effort to make Dr. Fate, who once had one of DC's most striking costumes, butt-ugly? That look is horrendous.
    Yeah, there are a couple of artists who can make that particular costume look good, but they feel like the exception to the rule, so I'm in camp "Give Khalid a new costume" although I'd prefer if he keeps the striped helmet because I think that's the part of the design that works and I like the different Fates having different helmet designs.
    bandicam 2021-09-15 13-39-41-266.jpg

I would love to see the E2 outfit make a return.

It just perfectly embodies the "cosmic sorcerer" concept, especially the use of stars.
    (for the artists' sake, it should probably be like the simplified version they used in YJ though)

Also, I can't identify who it is under Hawman's wing (on the left). Can anybody help me here?

Peace
    That's Ruby, the daughter of the Red Lantern. She was only recently introduced as a member of Huntress' future (dead) team.

Speaking of uninspired costumes, she could use a wardrobe overhaul too.
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 05-29-2023 at 01:40 PM.

Geez, why the effort to make Dr. Fate, who once had one of DC's most striking costumes, butt-ugly? That look is horrendous.
    Do you prefer Khalid Nassour's original look?

NOTE: That's Khalid on the lower right side of the cover;
    the Doctor Fate that's above him is his uncle Kent Nelson.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's Ruby. She's basically a red version of Jade. The daughter of Golden Age Red Lantern.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    Yeah, there are a couple of artists who can make that particular costume look good, but they feel like the exception to the rule, so I'm in camp "Give Khalid a new costume" although I'd prefer if he keeps the striped helmet because I think that's the part of the design that works and I like the different Fates having different helmet designs.
    bandicam 2021-09-15 13-39-41-266.jpg

I would love to see the E2 outfit make a return.

It just perfectly embodies the "cosmic sorcerer" concept, especially the use of stars.
    (for the artists' sake, it should probably be like the simplified version they used in YJ though)

That's Ruby, the daughter of the Red Lantern. She was only recently introduced as a member of Huntress' future (dead) team.

Speaking of uninspired costumes, she could use a wardrobe overhaul too.
    Thank you both. And, yes, I liked the Earth 2 version, specially the field of stars. I also like the original, the Hector Hall version, and even the plainer Kent Nelson II version.

Peace

Do you prefer Khalid Nassour's original look?

NOTE: That's Khalid on the lower right side of the cover;
    the Doctor Fate that's above him is his uncle Kent Nelson.
    No, thanks.

Peace

And leagueofcomicgeeks.com now has "JUL 4TH, 2023" listed for Justice Society of America #5.
    tfaw.com is also showing the "July 04" release date for issue #5.

Previewsworld and comixology still are going with June 20th at present.
    No change with the Previewsworld or the comixology listings yet, but then again, previewsworld still has "In Shops: May 02, 2023" for Stargirl and the Lost Children #6 even though that didn't come out May 9th.

No change with the Previewsworld or the comixology listings yet, but then again, previewsworld still has "In Shops: May 02, 2023" for Stargirl and the Lost Children #6 even though that didn't come out May 9th.
    Comixology is now saying "This title will be auto-delivered to your Kindle on July 4, 2023" for issue #5.

BANNED

Comixology is now saying "This title will be auto-delivered to your Kindle on July 4, 2023" for issue #5.
    JSA is a bi-monthly title at this point

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    JSA is a bi-monthly title at this point
    Unofficially; it still had been saying "Published monthly" in issue #4.

Unofficially; it still had been saying "Published monthly" in issue #4.
    "Published monthly" ...
    Sometimes the jokes just write themselves!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    "Published monthly" ...
    Sometimes the jokes just write themselves!
    Man, the delays must be killing the sales of the book.

I wouldn’t be surprised if #5 makes the July 4 date (though I also wouldn’t be surprised if it gets pushed back a week....or two)......the thing I’m finding VERY hard to believe is that #6 is STILL listed for July 25!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I think once the current arc is over, they should allow a few other creators to do a fill-in for 2 issues so that they get right the ship and get this book back on track. I think Jeremy Adams or Robert Vendetti would be great for writers and Ivan Reis or Doc Shaner for artists would be great!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.