Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Either way this is great news! DC needs a JSA ongoing, especially w/o a JLA or (currently) a Titans ongoing.
    Kind of ironic that the only DC team book at the moment is the original team, unless there is something I'm missing.
    Of course, I can't find it now. It was in a response on a Reddit thread on the DC Fan page. But, in short, the question from the Wordballoon host was asking to clarify if it was ongoing or a 12-issue mini, due to the solicits. And Johns response was that the solicits had been incorrect, it is an ongoing.

A quick Google on it, says the interview was posted to Youtube "one month ago".

Incredible Member

The solicits just posted on comicsbeat.com and here on CBR both say "5 of 12". So, who knows who is right? Johns, or the guy writing the solicit info? It would be nice if DC would clarify once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    The solicits just posted on comicsbeat.com and here on CBR both say "5 of 12". So, who knows who is right? Johns, or the guy writing the solicit info? It would be nice if DC would clarify once and for all.
    At least DC FINALLY realized this book has been running a month behind and didn't bother to solicit #6 for April.

Next month maybe we'll see if they're still going with the "of 12" in the solicitations.

I also think they could be using these first 12 issues to tell a specific story, one that sets up the ongoing series that will result from it.
    Gives DC the chance for another #1!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    At least DC FINALLY realized this book has been running a month behind and didn't bother to solicit #6 for April.

Next month maybe we'll see if they're still going with the "of 12" in the solicitations.
    Yeah, they resolicited issue 5 - but without the "of 12"!

Issue 1's cover didn't say it was a mini either, it had New Golden Age where that info would normally be, where most ongoings have the character logo.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, they resolicited issue 5 - but without the "of 12"!

Issue 1's cover didn't say it was a mini either, it had New Golden Age where that info would normally be, where most ongoings have the character logo.
    The solicitations posted on Newsarama/GamesRadar has
    JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #5
    Written by GEOFF JOHNS
    Art and cover by MIKEL JANIN
    Variant cover by YANICK PAQUETTE
    1:25 variant cover by EDWIN GALMON
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 5 of 12
    as do the ones posted on CBR:
    JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #5
    Written by GEOFF JOHNS
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 5 of 12 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 4/25/23

Where did you see it solicited without the "5 of 12"?

And I don't think I've noticed the "#x of 12" on any of the covers for Justice Society of America they've shown with more than just artwork yet, but I'm not sure what that means. It's just strange they still use that for solicitations for four straight issues.

Due out this week (Tuesday, Jan. 25th):

February 2023
    * Stargirl The Lost Children #4 (of 6) = ship date 2/21/2023 (orig. 2/21/2023)
    * Justice Society of America #3 (of 12) = ship date 02/28/2023 (orig. 01/24/2023)
    Covers:

STARGIRL THE LOST CHILDREN #4 - CVR A TODD NAUCK

JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #3 - CVR A MIKEL JANIN

Covers:

STARGIRL THE LOST CHILDREN #4 - CVR A TODD NAUCK

JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #3 - CVR A MIKEL JANIN
    That's a cool cover.

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

I really hope there's no more delays.

So STARGIRL 4 sleeps onde week, now will be 02/28 maybe tô coincide with JSA 3..

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    So STARGIRL 4 sleeps onde week, now will be 02/28 maybe tô coincide with JSA 3..
    Probably not since it looks like the release date for Justice Society of America #3 has been moved to March 7th.
    (As per dc.com/comics and Previewsworld.)

Justice Society of America #6 is being solicited for May 23rd; no mention of "# of 12" this time out.
    JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #6
    Written by GEOFF JOHNS
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 5/23/23
    The Huntress and the JSA collide with Stargirl and the lost children! As this new team tries to find its footing, how will they handle coming face-to-face with a group of sidekicks they didn't realize existed?! And what does this mean for Jay Garrick as he meets his daughter Judy for the first time?! Be sure to pick up this tie-in to The Dawn of DC!
    https://www.cbr.com/teen-titans-inju...2023-solicits/

Incredible Member

You guys aren't going to believe this (sarcasm font). League of Comics Geeks is showing #3 slipping another week, to 3/14.
    Now, caveat: That is the only place right now not showing it as still scheduled for the 7th. But, based on track record, I'm inclined to assume they are accurate. And #4 is supposed to come out just two weeks after that. We'll see if that holds.

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    You guys aren't going to believe this (sarcasm font). League of Comics Geeks is showing #3 slipping another week, to 3/14.
    Now, caveat: That is the only place right now not showing it as still scheduled for the 7th. But, based on track record, I'm inclined to assume they are accurate. And #4 is supposed to come out just two weeks after that. We'll see if that holds.
    This is not the news I wanted to see starting off my day.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?