Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    You guys aren't going to believe this (sarcasm font). League of Comics Geeks is showing #3 slipping another week, to 3/14.
    Now, caveat: That is the only place right now not showing it as still scheduled for the 7th. But, based on track record, I'm inclined to assume they are accurate. And #4 is supposed to come out just two weeks after that. We'll see if that holds.
    DC's website also has the March 14th date: https://www.dc.com/comics/justice-so...y-of-america-3

As does TFAW: https://www.tfaw.com/1122dc097-justi...kel-janin.html

spoilers:
    I'm wondering if Matthew the robot was the Hourman at the end
    end of spoilers

Above post is referring to Stargirl #4, which is out on DC Universe Infinite (and therefore also the pirate sites), but not Comixology or in print. Looks like they accidentally released it a week early.
    spoilers:
    And yes, that's definitely the Android Hourman from the 90s.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Above post is referring to Stargirl #4, which is out on DC Universe Infinite (and therefore also the pirate sites), but not Comixology or in print. Looks like they accidentally released it a week early.
    spoilers:
    And yes, that's definitely the Android Hourman from the 90s.
    end of spoilers
    My bad guys. Ignore the post or we could talk about it a different time.

I wonder why Yolanda, Rick and Beth weren't shown as being with Stargirl yet. I guess Johns didn't want to dump then in so if it gets a followup, they might have a role in it.

Maybe Infinity Inc. will get relaunched as a followup?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-22-2023 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

I wonder why Yolanda, Rick and Beth weren't shown as being with Stargirl yet. I guess Johns didn't want to dump then in so if it gets a followup, they might have a role in it.

Maybe we should wait and discuss that in a thread about that series itself; this one was suppose to be more about the damn fluid ship dates that keep getting moved around.

And I'm assuming ship dates for issue #4 as well as probably #5-6 of Justice Society of America are also likely to be changed at some point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

Rick's in The Flash. Currently frozen due to the One Minute War, but he tends to show up with his wife Jesse Quick. And Beth showed up in Superman Son of Kal-El a few months ago. When The Flash used Doctor Mid-Nite though, it was the other one, Pieter Cross.

Yolanda isn't with Stargirl either. She and Beth were with the team in Dark Crisis - Courtney was not.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-24-2023 at 03:26 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

D'oh!
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/just...-by-dc-comics/

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    We have a thread titled "Justice Society of America #2 ship date slipping", but I thought it might be easier to have a general thread regarding dates for both of Geoff Johns' The New Golden Age titles and when they're due out.

I'll try to update this first post as we get new information; I'm basically using the ComicList Extended Forecast section for dates.

February 2023
    * Stargirl The Lost Children #4 (of 6) = ship date 2/28/2023 (orig. 2/21/2023)

March 2023
    * Justice Society of America #3 (of 12) = ship date 03/14/2023 (orig. 01/24/2023)
    * Stargirl The Lost Children #5 (of 6) = ship date 3/21/2023 (orig. 3/21/2023)
    * Justice Society of America #4 (of 12) = ship date 03/28/2023 (orig. 02/28/2023)

April 2023
    * Stargirl The Lost Children #6 (of 6) = ship date 4/18/2023 (orig. 4/18/2023)
    * Justice Society of America #5 (of 12) = ship date 04/25/2023 (orig. 03/28/2023) <NOTE: resolicited for April>

May 2023
    * Justice Society of America #6 = ship date 05/23/2023

Already released:
    November 2022
    * THE NEW GOLDEN AGE #1 (one-shot) = 11/8/2022
    * STARGIRL: THE LOST CHILDREN #1 (of 6) = 11/15/2022
    * JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #1 = 11/29/2022 (originally 11/22/2022)

December 2022
    * STARGIRL: THE LOST CHILDREN #2 (of 6) = 12/20/2022

January 2023
    * Stargirl The Lost Children #3 (of 6) = 1/17/2023
    * Justice Society of America #2 (of 12) = 01/24/2023 (orig. 12/27/2022)
    JSA #4 is now delayed a further week, to 04/04/2023.

Johns has gotta be taken off the book, he’s simply incapable of meeting deadlines. None of his teased projects like the Legion are going to come to fruition either. Do not repeat past mistakes by holding these properties back because of Johns DC. Kick him off JSA and give it to someone else.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Johns has gotta be taken off the book, he’s simply incapable of meeting deadlines. None of his teased projects like the Legion are going to come to fruition either. Do not repeat past mistakes by holding these properties back because of Johns DC. Kick him off JSA and give it to someone else.
    Thing is thexJSA book is all Geoff’s no one else would have a clue what he’s trying to do and it be an even bigger mess. If anything they should preemptively jump to the end and just launch another JSA book

Isn't Johns the only reason we're getting JSA stuff? They don't seem to be a priority to DC in general.

Astonishing Member

Johns is also the one who sat on the JSA and Legion for years after Rebirth until Snyder and Bendis had to get a move on themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Isn't Johns the only reason we're getting JSA stuff? They don't seem to be a priority to DC in general.
    You’re probably right. Nothing is coming for them in film, TV, video games, or animation, so once this book gets cancelled it’s back to Limbo for them. Until they make a big deal of them being in the next event, God that pisses me off, all those fucking teases across several events about their return only to end up with… this. I don’t even care about the team that much but I think it’s foul to tease people about their return for so long with no payoff. Surely someone at DC besides Johns wants to do a mini with them, but I suspect we’re more likely to get a Creature Commandoes book than another JSA one.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Johns is also the one who sat on the JSA and Legion for years after Rebirth until Snyder and Bendis had to get a move on themselves
    Not that their attempts really went anywhere either.

Well, Bendis did an actual Legion book but the reception was decidedly mixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    D'oh!
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/just...-by-dc-comics/

JSA #4 is now delayed a further week, to 04/04/2023.
    Wow, what a surprise.
    Not.

Once issue #3 got bumped from March 7th to March 14th, the likelihood of issue #4 still coming out on March 28th (two weeks later) dropped considerably, and I wouldn't be surprised if issue #4 gets pushed out yet another week by the time April gets here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I heard from somebody (who heard from somebody) that DC/WB is the problem here when it comes to delays on the book, but don't know how much of that is legitimate.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Wow, what a surprise.
    Not.

Once issue #3 got bumped from March 7th to March 14th, the likelihood of issue #4 still coming out on March 28th (two weeks later) dropped considerably, and I wouldn't be surprised if issue #4 gets pushed out yet another week by the time April gets here.

I heard from somebody (who heard from somebody) that DC/WB is the problem here when it comes to delays on the book, but don't know how much of that is legitimate.
    Did they mention how? Because I don’t get why these problems with DC only seem to be affecting Johns this consistently unless something is up on his end.