Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    The DC Comics site is still listing it as "Tuesday, March 7th, 2023" at the moment.
    DC's site has gone down the toilet. It used to be so easy to search on a release calendar and it seems like now they are intentionally making it difficult to use. Don't know if they don't have the resources to make it user friendly, or just don't care anymore.

Also, don't know if anyone noticed, but Stargirl might be slipping a week. It had been solicited and scheduled for a while for March 21, and most sites still show that date. But, League of Comics Geeks is showing March 28. They aren't infallible, but they are usually pretty accurate and earlier than most in updating their site.
    Last edited by sbp1972; 03-08-2023 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    . . . Also, don't know if anyone noticed, but Stargirl might be slipping a week. It had been solicited and scheduled for a while for March 21, and most sites still show that date. But, League of Comics Geeks is showing March 28. They aren't infallible, but they are usually pretty accurate and earlier than most in updating their site.
    And at last check, both Things from Another World (tfaw) and Previewsworld also have it for March 28th.

(ComicList unfortunately doesn't seem to have updated its Extended Forecast section this week?)

Yesterday on Kindle I saw JSA as 3/14.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Rebirth era Batman editorial had much better scheduling. King said as much in one of his recent interviews. The Morrison Superman and the Authority was the tell in tha they were compensating by having THREE fill-in artists for issues #2 and issues #3. We are seeing this repeated in JSA with Ordway doing stuff. And if Johns is writing this concurrently with Stargirl, he has claimed he already finished #5 in early October (and I think the story in Stargirl suggests some sort of connection). Furthermore Stargirl has no shipping problems again because Nauck is a workhorse who can do monthlies.
    Do we know for sure that it was due to Janin? From what I remember #2 had different artists introducing different team members and it felt like a deliberate choice. But I don't remember exactly what was going on in #3.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Rebirth era Batman editorial had much better scheduling. King said as much in one of his recent interviews. The Morrison Superman and the Authority was the tell in tha they were compensating by having THREE fill-in artists for issues #2 and issues #3. We are seeing this repeated in JSA with Ordway doing stuff. And if Johns is writing this concurrently with Stargirl, he has claimed he already finished #5 in early October (and I think the story in Stargirl suggests some sort of connection). Furthermore Stargirl has no shipping problems again because Nauck is a workhorse who can do monthlies.
    Actually, Stargirl for some reason is now having shipping delays, though they are only a week later than originally solicited. Plus, how much more lead time has there actually been for that title considering it was teased at the end of Stargirl Spring Break Special (by Johns and Nauck) back in May of 2021?

Actually, Stargirl for some reason is now having shipping delays, though they are only a week later than originally solicited. Plus, how much more lead time has there actually been for that title considering it was teased at the end of Stargirl Spring Break Special (by Johns and Nauck) back in May of 2021?
    Maybe because Stargirl then dives into some of the sidekicks joining the modern JSA
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Maybe because Stargirl then dives into some of the sidekicks joining the modern JSA
    I'm assuming that's maybe a guess on your part regarding "the sidekicks joining the modern JSA".
    Hell, we don't even know who is "currently" in the "modern JSA" in Geoff Johns story since we haven't seen them in this series yet, and who knows if he'll pay any attention to who Joshua Williamson has used in other stuff.

I'm assuming that's maybe a guess on your part regarding "the sidekicks joining the modern JSA".
    Hell, we don't even know who is "currently" in the "modern JSA" in Geoff Johns story since we haven't seen them in this series yet, and who knows if he'll pay any attention to who Joshua Williamson has used in other stuff.
    Yeah it’s mostly a guess but we do know some of them are coming to the present because of soliciting, but at the very least I’m confident that Judy is joining the book as a team member. I mean literally where else would she go not to mention Jay will want to reunite. Aside from that maybe the Flash book.

Also when I say modern JSA I mainly mean the people who showed up for Dark Crisis and who have been on the covers.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

If Jay continues to appear in the Flash I would expect Judy to be with him, as she'll presumably resume her role as his sidekick (like Ace and Irey are to Wally, and Ace and Avery previously to Barry) - that will definitely be the case in JSA. Also, if Court doesn't take some of them to form their own team, it'd be nice for her to have others her own age on the team besides Jakeem Thunder.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

By the way, main covers for what's due out this month:

Justice Society of America #3 = ship date 03/14/2023 (orig. 01/24/2023)

Stargirl The Lost Children #5 (of 6) = ship date 3/28/2023 (orig. 3/21/2023)

And one of the variant covers for Justice Society of America #3

Loving the homage to Johns’ first JSA run.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Loving the homage to Johns’ first JSA run.
    Yeah, that variant cover was my favorite version of the team. Just add Powergirl and Jakeem

I was checking on the latest ship date information for Justice Society of America #5, which was originally solicited for March but then re-solicited for April, and it's a bit confusing as to when it's due out now.

* leagueofcomicgeeks.com and tfaw.com both still list the date as "April 25, 2023".
    * The ComicList extended forecast for 03-15-2023 has the date as "05/09/23.
    * And Previewsworld has it for "In Shops: May 23, 2023"

So when it will eventually wind up being available is . . . uncertain at present.

Incredible Member

I was checking on the latest ship date information for Justice Society of America #5, which was originally solicited for March but then re-solicited for April, and it's a bit confusing as to when it's due out now.

* leagueofcomicgeeks.com and tfaw.com both still list the date as "April 25, 2023".
    * The ComicList extended forecast for 03-15-2023 has the date as "05/09/23.
    * And Previewsworld has it for "In Shops: May 23, 2023"

So when it will eventually wind up being available is . . . uncertain at present.
    I can see the confusion. It's actually supposed to be released on one of those 3 dates in 2033.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Yeah, that variant cover was my favorite version of the team. Just add Powergirl and Jakeem
    The original dream team.