Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Covering both her eyes and her mouth, it's almost the full face mask - leaving nothing to show emotion. I prefer the Spoiler-style half mask. I like that it's unique to the Bat family. But, one or the other - domino, or half mask.
    I also want they to not cover Stephanie's mouth.

I hope her mouth being covered is because the domino mask with bat ears were added at the end. Perhaps the artist received the information about the new mask a bit late.

Much of fandom still calls her Spoiler, I've noticed, and I think the comics may increasingly reflect that too. It's been cute to see the Batgirls call each other "Batgirl" but that's almost a joke that may not be sustainable long term.

Barbara acts as, and is called, Oracle more than Batgirl these days. I think the name "Orphan" for Cass will remain retired. The Spoiler name goes back far longer than the Orphan name, so I think it will continue to stick, at least in many situations, and it may be very deliberate that Batman just called her Spoiler. So I can see the names evolving to Oracle, Batgirl and Spoiler.
    Honestly, I really doubt DC will make Cassandra the main Batgirl (that's likely still Barbara). The Orphan name could be retired, but Cassandra hasn't been called Batgirl so much either. Even in BoP, she was called as Cassandra or Small Bat.

The fandom still called Stephanie as Spoiler, because her Batgirl look has been the Spoiler suit with a batsymbol. I'm pretty sure the fandom will call her as Batgirl with her new domino mask - bat ears.

I also think it's deliberate Batman called Stephanie as Spoiler, but not the direction you think. This happened the issue before he attacked her unprotected eyes, which likely cause her new domino mask. I think it's more likely they will retire Spoiler identity.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-09-2023 at 10:27 AM.

Though Small Bat is just Barda's nickname for her, not a new codename. Little Bat is used once as well, which has the exact same meaning.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Though Small Bat is just Barda's nickname for her, not a new codename. Little Bat is used once as well, which has the exact same meaning.
    I know Small Bat is a nickname. I don't think this will be Cassandra's new codename.

My point is that even BoP tends to avoid to call Cassandra as Batgirl, which I've noticed since this comic promotion. That's why I see unlikely DC has plans to make Cassandra the main Batgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I also want they to not cover Stephanie's mouth.

I hope her mouth being covered is because the domino mask with bat ears were added at the end. Perhaps the artist received the information about the new mask a bit late.
    I can think of a certain art style of face mask I like that covers the mouth.

Key thing here is it usually looks like face armor.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 09-09-2023 at 04:41 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post

Many artist renditions of Steph's half mask are armored and look exactly like many of those.

Cass is currently being called Batgirl in the "Spirit World" mini-series. Steph called Cass "Batgirl" at the end of Cloonrad's Knight Terrors: Nightwing. Scarecrow called them the Girl Bats in that book too. We'll see how the naming evolves I guess.

Astonishing Member

Cass is currently being called Batgirl in the "Spirit World" mini-series. Steph called Cass "Batgirl" at the end of Cloonrad's Knight Terrors: Nightwing. Scarecrow called them the Girl Bats in that book too. We'll see how the naming evolves I guess.
    Steph has also been called Batgirl in past stories. It depends on the story wanting/needing to have a Batgirl .

Also, I really doubt Steph calling Cass as Batgirl in Cloonrad's Knight Terrors: Nightwing means something. I mean, Conrad was also the writer of Batgirls (Cass would definitely call Steph as Batgirl by that writer).

To be clear, I don't think Cassandra will stop to be called Batgirl anytime soon. I just really doubt DC plans to turn her in the main Batgirl in the future. Barbara still seems the most likely option if they decide to have only one Batgirl in the future.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-09-2023 at 05:41 PM.

Many artist renditions of Steph's half mask are armored and look exactly like many of those.
    well yes, and those are good.

Astonishing Member

I don't think the financing for that fanfilm project about Stephanie/Spoiler will be achieved. It's a pity:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/t...l-me-spoiler#/

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post

Wow, so many palette swaps - I only knew about Sub-Zero and Scorpion. At least they diversified them lately.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wow, so many palette swaps - I only knew about Sub-Zero and Scorpion. At least they diversified them lately.
    yeah this one has the old and new costumes. Some of them changed a lot more than others.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

The Batgirls Legacies fan zine is going on leftover sales next Wednesday, September 20th, for any who missed it the first time! My review of both Batgirls zines is here if you want some more information about what you might be able to get! https://www.youtube.com/live/MUC1o0B...ViZaDmEI1xr-o_

https://batgirlzine.tumblr.com/post/.../hello-batfans
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Looks like Steph and Cass will be in the Gotham tie-in to the Beast World event.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    To treating us well !

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks like Steph and Cass will be in the Gotham tie-in to the Beast World event.

To treating us well !
    That would be pretty good for Steph and Cass.

I don't know a lot about that event. Do you know what will be the book where they appear?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    That would be pretty good for Steph and Cass.

I don't know a lot about that event. Do you know what will be the book where they appear?
    In Titans: Beast World Tour: Gotham #1

Beast World Tour Gotham cover.jpg
    Last edited by millernumber1; 09-15-2023 at 08:51 PM.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord