Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I will NOT complain if this is her look going forward.

I just wish we could know if she has a BOOK to appear in with this look going forward. Joker only has 2 more issues, and I don't really expect Steph to be a big part of them (though I hope she does show up). After Gotham War, it seems super unlikely that we'll see her there for several months at least.

Nightwing backups? But no clue when those will be set.
    It'll be interesting to see if anybody has plans for Steph moving forward because Babs and Cass feel covered.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It'll be interesting to see if anybody has plans for Steph moving forward because Babs and Cass feel covered.
    Stephanie apparently getting a new mask (that makes her look like Batgirl) gives me hope there are plans for her. If they wanted to let Stephanie in the background, she would mantain her current suit.

I've mentioned this before, but I'll do it again: I'm really happy that they give Stephanie a domino mask with bat ears. In that way, Stephanie really looks like Batgirl, but she still looks different from the other two Batgirls.

PS: It seems Stephanie's cape is also different (it's a bat cape now).
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-05-2023 at 02:05 PM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really hope so!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Stephanie apparently getting a new mask (that makes her look like Batgirl) gives me hope there are plans for her. If they wanted to let Stephanie in the background, she would mantain her current suit.

I've mentioned this before, but I'll do it again: I'm really happy that they give Stephanie a domino mask with bat ears. In that way, Stephanie really looks like Batgirl, but she still looks different from the other two Batgirls.

PS: It seems Stephanie's cape is also different (it's a bat cape now).
    Reminds me of her Robin look with the domino mask and ears as well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Reminds me of her Robin look with the domino mask and ears as well.
    Well, her Robin look doesn't have bat ears.

That said, taking inspiration from her Robin suit is another pretty good reason for a domino mask in her Batgirl suit.

I had to see Steph's new mask everyone was talking about! After seeing it it certainly makes Steph look more intimidating. I wouldn't say I like it better then the hood because I love the eggplant hood, but the domino mask is nice and I like her new. It feels more Gotham-y. I hope she uses her "Batman" voice while in this new look.

And please put her in a comic somewhere so I can read it, please DC.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I had to see Steph's new mask everyone was talking about! After seeing it it certainly makes Steph look more intimidating. I wouldn't say I like it better then the hood because I love the eggplant hood, but the domino mask is nice and I like her new. It feels more Gotham-y. I hope she uses her "Batman" voice while in this new look.

And please put her in a comic somewhere so I can read it, please DC.
    Steph look more intimidating due to the mix between the domino mask and the ninja mask.

Honestly, I feel keeping the ninja mask is a little unnecessary (domino masks are enough to hide Robins identities). Although that's likely because I really like masks showing a lot of face.

Steph look more intimidating due to the mix between the domino mask and the ninja mask.

Honestly, I feel keeping the ninja mask is a little unnecessary (domino masks are enough to hide Robins identities). Although that's likely because I really like masks showing a lot of face.
    Forget the Batman voice then. In her mask she should use the "Bane" voice to throw off her enemies. It would be hilarious if animated Steph throws out the Bane voice with the mask on.

Mighty Member

Well, her Robin look doesn't have bat ears.

That said, taking inspiration from her Robin suit is another pretty good reason for a domino mask in her Batgirl suit.
    it kinda does with the headband

dcau ears.jpg

I do love her Robin look, as short lived as it was. Her spikey hair could have been used as a weapon.

In other news, anyone else have a case of the Stephs? Because Wayne Family Adventures does spoilers:
    Stephanie has reformed a young delinquent from going down the wrong path and it was a sweet and glorious Stephanie moment. Probably one of the bests she's had in many years. It was sad to hear her say that Cluemaster not reforming broke her heart, Arthur Brown you are Gotham's biggest rat I want to see that kid, Erik become Spoiler's new unofficial sidekick as they disrupt criminal fathers who neglect and hurt their children. His name can be the "Answers".
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by ComicNoobie; 09-07-2023 at 05:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I do love her Robin look, as short lived as it was. Her spikey hair could have been used as a weapon.

In other news, anyone else have a case of the Stephs? Because Wayne Family Adventures does spoilers:
    Stephanie has reformed a young delinquent from going down the wrong path and it was a sweet and glorious Stephanie moment. Probably one of the bests she's had in many years. It was sad to hear her say that Cluemaster not reforming broke her heart, Arthur Brown you are Gotham's biggest rat I want to see that kid, Erik become Spoiler's new unofficial sidekick as they disrupt criminal fathers who neglect and hurt their children. His name can be the "Answers".
    end of spoilers
    I love this week's WFA so much! It has a clear recreation of Steph's first direct confrontation with her dad in Detective Comics #649 - I made the panel by panel comparison here: https://www.tumblr.com/ibmiller/7277...stic-follow-up

Honestly, even with some of the dumbness of what's going on in Gotham War, I had a very good Steph week!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Extraordinary Member

Wayne Family Adventures has given us the best Steph content since BQM's run.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Wayne Family Adventures has given us the best Steph content since BQM's run.
    I don't know if I'd put it QUITE that high - I adore most of what Tynion did with her, and greatly enjoyed Bendis's work in Young Justice for her, plus Valentine's work in Catwoman and Batman and Robin Eternal, and I still quite like Batgirls.

But WFA is definitely top 5 since Batgirl!

It's definitely good to hear Steph's costume was modified. Since she took back the Batgirl name she's just worn a Spoiler suit with a bat symbol added. I get why she didn't go back to her 2009 costume - probably too similar to Barbara's. But the new bat ears domino mask (which I guess she could've got from Babs, the costume between the Burnside one and the current one had one too instead of the usual cowl) will actually make her look more like a Batgirl should. This thread needs a pic of that new look.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's definitely good to hear Steph's costume was modified. Since she took back the Batgirl name she's just worn a Spoiler suit with a bat symbol added. I get why she didn't go back to her 2009 costume - probably too similar to Barbara's. But the new bat ears domino mask (which I guess she could've got from Babs, the costume between the Burnside one and the current one had one too instead of the usual cowl) will actually make her look more like a Batgirl should. This thread needs a pic of that new look.
    Covering both her eyes and her mouth, it's almost the full face mask - leaving nothing to show emotion. I prefer the Spoiler-style half mask. I like that it's unique to the Bat family. But, one or the other - domino, or half mask.

Much of fandom still calls her Spoiler, I've noticed, and I think the comics may increasingly reflect that too. It's been cute to see the Batgirls call each other "Batgirl" but that's almost a joke that may not be sustainable long term.

Barbara acts as, and is called, Oracle more than Batgirl these days. I think the name "Orphan" for Cass will remain retired. The Spoiler name goes back far longer than the Orphan name, so I think it will continue to stick, at least in many situations, and it may be very deliberate that Batman just called her Spoiler. So I can see the names evolving to Oracle, Batgirl and Spoiler.

Nightwing and Red Hood aren't called Robins anymore. Once a "Batgirl" doesn't mean you always have to be called a Batgirl. Nor do you have to look exactly like one.