Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    I'm ignoring the big picture. It's enthusiastic, joyous Timber support.
    Party pooper!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Feels like they won't commit to her looking fully Spoiler or looking fully Batgirl.
    Dunno, it's actually my favorite look for her; gives her a distinct look, but the half mask looks better than the black full Spoiler one, IMHO.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Feels like they won't commit to her looking fully Spoiler or looking fully Batgirl.
    Well, Batsymbol aside, her suit is pretty similar to her last Spoiler suit.

Honestly, I would prefer Stephanie to use a Bat cowl (or even a domino mask with bat ears). There are still people who don't recognize her current as a Batgirl suit.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I personally don't understand why they keep getting rid of the ribbing. Maybe because it's harder to draw? But it's such an integral part of her Batgirl costume that I just don't want to lose it.

But then again, Wayne Family Adventures has been doing weird stuff with her color arrangement and details, too.
    It's not hard. That design element has been done for years. Corona apparently wanted to simplify, and eliminated the thigh belt too.

No one complains about drawing the hundreds of webs on Spider-Man's costume, and these are more difficult to adapt to changing body positions.

Jorge Jimenez gave Punchline laces and zippers everywhere, and a billion laces on her tall boots. Look at the insane designs of others like Miracle Molly. Batgirl of Burnside had laced boots. Most artists have no problem with these details and design such complex-looking characters when they really don't have to and surely know they are making things harder for themselves.

But for this book, Corona chose a combination of simple and, very often, sketchy.

When it came to Steph, the Batgirls book detracted from her maturity, skills, and appearance. She did well in the finale, though, that's true. But it was a poorly balanced finale - it should have given equal weight to all the Batgirls, and didn't.

Steph's appearance in the Tim Drake finale is badly colored and very sketchy, but it sure doesn't lack for ribbing!

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Dunno, it's actually my favorite look for her; gives her a distinct look, but the half mask looks better than the black full Spoiler one, IMHO.
    I've never seen the appeal of the half mask. Like you can see her eyes but I'm not sure if they've done that much of it. The Spoiler mask could be more expressive at times in my opinion and stood out a bit more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Well, Batsymbol aside, her suit is pretty similar to her last Spoiler suit.

Honestly, I would prefer Stephanie to use a Bat cowl (or even a domino mask with bat ears). There are still people who don't recognize her current as a Batgirl suit.
    I think the only reason she's not using a cowl is because Babs is.

Something like this would have been a little cool. A nod to her original Spoiler outfit and a way to match Cass at the same time.
    tumblr_2186edeffdedcecae1d3d91f88be3fad_a20bc31d_640.jpg
    Art by VioletSyrenArt

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    Something like this would have been a little cool. A nod to her original Spoiler outfit and a way to match Cass at the same time.
    Art by VioletSyrenArt
    I like this .

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I like this .
    VioletSyren does a new Steph piece of art almost every week, definitely worth a follow on twitter!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Mighty Member

Art by VioletSyrenArt
    Perfection

Art by VioletSyrenArt
    The Spoiled Bat lol. She looks good and keeping the hood.

Astonishing Member

Art by VioletSyrenArt
    That's a good design, but I've never liked full masks (especially full black masks).

I know full masks could be expressive in comics, but I've rather to see more about the face of the heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    That's a good design, but I've never liked full masks (especially full black masks).

I know full masks could be expressive in comics, but I've rather to see more about the face of the heroes.
    finally I have an ally against Frontier's mad lust for full face masks!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I feel like a full face mask makes you appreciate when you do see the characters' face outside their mask .

I feel like a full face mask makes you appreciate when you do see the characters' face outside their mask .
    I think you just want everyone to look like Spidey!

Spidey Steph! Spidey Steph
    Her eggplant suit has plenty depth
    She'll give Bruce all kinds of sass
    All while kicking Blade Barfer's ass
    Look out
    Here comes the Spidey Steph

This is her new theme song!

I mean, it was her defining mask for most of her Superhero career pre-Batgirl .