Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Default Stephanie Brown: Batgirl, Spoiler, and Robin Appreciation 2023!

2022 was a tumultuous year for the Violet Vindicator! One of three leads in the Batgirls title, appearing in nearly every issue of Dark Crisis and many other comics, and casting news for the Gotham Knights TV show! With 2023 promising her facing off once again against her supervillain (er, Z-list, but still supervillain) father Cluemaster, hopefully we get a lot of cool stories featuring her!

"We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Happy New Year and New Thread for Steph and fans .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Happy New Year and New Thread for Steph and fans .
    I think Batgirls this week is the first time she's appearing this year, so got the thread up just in time!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Yaaaay! A new Stephanie thread! Happy New Year! The latest I saw of Steph was in the Wayne Family webtoons. It was a funny story of her and Cass learning how to better water and take care of their plants from Ivy. I hope Steph has a good showing in 2023...and for her kiddie pool to return in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Yaaaay! A new Stephanie thread! Happy New Year! The latest I saw of Steph was in the Wayne Family webtoons. It was a funny story of her and Cass learning how to better water and take care of their plants from Ivy. I hope Steph has a good showing in 2023...and for her kiddie pool to return in the summer.
    It was really funny seeing Steph struggle with her plants.

Seeing Steph cooling off at the pool again would be pretty great! It's so funny how sometimes comics connect with the time they are released, and sometimes totally disconnected.

What were some favorite Steph appearances in 2022 for you all? For me, I did quite enjoy Batgirls, but also loved seeing Steph in One Bad Day: Two Face, and in the Dark Crisis: The Flash tie-in.

The webtoon was cute but I just don't care for Harley and Ivy being close to the Batfamily (let alone Harley being pals with Cass and Steph and going on Batfamily missions) so that turned me off a bit.

I like their take on her Spoiler look though. Better than Cass' suit.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    It was really funny seeing Steph struggle with her plants.

Seeing Steph cooling off at the pool again would be pretty great! It's so funny how sometimes comics connect with the time they are released, and sometimes totally disconnected.

What were some favorite Steph appearances in 2022 for you all? For me, I did quite enjoy Batgirls, but also loved seeing Steph in One Bad Day: Two Face, and in the Dark Crisis: The Flash tie-in.
    Yes! Steph's appearance in the Two Face issue was fabulous. More baby Steph, and for her to call Bruce out for his Harvey Dent favoritism.

Favorite 2022 appearances? In addition to her kiddie pool (obviously) some highlights from 2022 include her meeting her new arch nemesis, Blade Barfer. And even though she didn't win I enjoyed her fight with Batman in "Batman vs Robin" simply to see her dig into Bruce for not even trying to make her a good Robin, which is 100% truth, Bruce just used her to try and make Tim jealous. Anytime Steph calls Bruce out on his crap I'm screaming "Yes!" I also enjoyed any and all moments she's with Cassandra. Batgirl BFFs.

Another aspect I liked seeing that doesn't get talked about more was her budding friendship with Jason Todd over 2022. It was so amusing seeing her bring Jason a cup of coffee in her oversized purple cloak. I love when her cloak is oversized at times it. And that brings me to my favorite Steph moment, Medieval Stephanie! Seeing her with the Robins as a young Robinhood band of thieves was both adorable and cool. I want more of her banter with Jason there, as they seemed to have a sibling rivalry.
    Last edited by ComicNoobie; 01-16-2023 at 12:06 PM.

The webtoon was cute but I just don't care for Harley and Ivy being close to the Batfamily (let alone Harley being pals with Cass and Steph and going on Batfamily missions) so that turned me off a bit.

I think the way they've designed the Spoiler suit in WFA is very interesting. I like it better than the no-ribbed sides version that we're seeing in Batgirls too often. And I kinda agree about Harley and Ivy being so non-threatening, but eh, it's WFA, that's kinda their shtick.

Yes! Steph's appearance in the Two Face issue was fabulous. More baby Steph, and for her to call Bruce out for his Harvey Dent favoritism.

Favorite 2022 appearances? In addition to her kiddie pool (obviously) some highlights from 2022 include her meeting her new arch nemesis, Blade Barfer. And even though she didn't win I enjoyed her fight with Batman in "Batman vs Robin" simply to see her dig into Bruce for not even trying to make her a good Robin, which is 100% truth, Bruce just used her to try and make Tim jealous. Anytime Steph calls Bruce out on his crap I'm screaming "Yes!" I also enjoyed any and all moments she's with Cassandra. Batgirl BFFs.

Another aspect I liked seeing that doesn't get talked about more was her budding friendship with Jason Todd over 2022. It was so amusing seeing her bring Jason a cup of coffee in her oversized purple cloak. I love when her cloak is oversized at times it. And that brings me to my favorite Steph moment, Medieval Stephanie! Seeing her with the Robins as a young Robinhood band of thieves was both adorable and cool. I want more of her banter with Jason there, as they seemed to have a sibling rivalry.
    I like that the comic gave Steph good points, but also had sympathy for Bruce's desire for redemption for Harvey. Built nicely off of Steph's solid supporting role in Tamaki's Detective Comics run.

You reminded me that I love that Steph added two fights with Nocturna during Dark Crisis! Another new arch nemesis!

The bits where Steph popped up in Task Force Z were also pretty fun, agreed! As was Tales of the Three Realms Steph!

That's understandable. As for her Spoiler suit, I think I'm so biased I love any and all of Steph's Spoiler costumes. It's why I love that her new Batgirl suit still resembles the Spoiler.

I think the way they've designed the Spoiler suit in WFA is very interesting. I like it better than the no-ribbed sides version that we're seeing in Batgirls too often. And I kinda agree about Harley and Ivy being so non-threatening, but eh, it's WFA, that's kinda their shtick.

I like that the comic gave Steph good points, but also had sympathy for Bruce's desire for redemption for Harvey. Built nicely off of Steph's solid supporting role in Tamaki's Detective Comics run.

You reminded me that I love that Steph added two fights with Nocturna during Dark Crisis! Another new arch nemesis!

The bits where Steph popped up in Task Force Z were also pretty fun, agreed! As was Tales of the Three Realms Steph!
    The Nocturna fight is cool to, more arch nemesis for Steph's ever growing rouges gallery lol. I'm hoping 2023 starts off with Steph renouncing being a vegetarian!

The Nocturna fight is cool to, more arch nemesis for Steph's ever growing rouges gallery lol. I'm hoping 2023 starts off with Steph renouncing being a vegetarian!
    That is a goal of mine too, but seems unlikely given why she is currently a vegetarian.

Mighty Member

That is a goal of mine too, but seems unlikely given why she is currently a vegetarian.
    Why is she currently one?

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Why is she currently one?
    Cloonan and Conrad are vegans. Same reason Animal Man was a vegetarian when Morrison wrote him.

That's understandable. As for her Spoiler suit, I think I'm so biased I love any and all of Steph's Spoiler costumes. It's why I love that her new Batgirl suit still resembles the Spoiler.
    Still my favorite:

Still my favorite:

Wouldn't be a new Steph thread without Frontier promoting the full face mask for Steph!

Wouldn't be a new Steph thread without Frontier promoting the full face mask for Steph!
    Never the end .