Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Awww! So cute! I admit I thought Steph was a pirate here too. I would love a pirate Steph, maybe she cosplays or it's a multiverse where Steph looted and plundered. This also makes me miss TimXSteph even more. I'm trying to move on but all that history
    Hard same...

Mighty Member

I don't know why DC hates Timsteph(more Steph) and constantly underestimates how many people like it.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    I don't know why DC hates Timsteph(more Steph) and constantly underestimates how many people like it.
    I don't think it's hate so much as just they have a current thing about Tim they feel the need to double down on.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think it's hate so much as just they have a current thing about Tim they feel the need to double down on.
    I mean they tried to get rid of it via War Games, and New 52 as well.

Also in the double down they don't need to have official blogs which say stuff like this:

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2022/0...-pride-special

And while [Tim/Steph’s] relationship might not have been the right one for either of them in the long run, there was still plenty we all loved about it.”

I mean they tried to get rid of it via War Games, and New 52 as well.
    Think the question is if it was brought back because "the fans demanded it" or because the writers wanted to use it?

Also in the double down they don't need to have official blogs which say stuff like this:

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2022/0...-pride-special
    The official blogs partially serve to highlight and market the current comics. Tim/Bernard is the current official pairing, so of course the blogs are going to be talking about how great it is, not raving about something that, so far as the current story is concerned, is over and done.

And while [Tim/Steph’s] relationship might not have been the right one for either of them in the long run, there was still plenty we all loved about it.”
    Wish Marvel would be that nice r.e. Spider-Man and Mary Jane. (Also, the fact that the blogger felt the need to even mention Tim/Steph might be a point in favor of the argument that that ship is more significant than not.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Think the question is if it was brought back because "the fans demanded it" or because the writers wanted to use it?

The official blogs partially serve to highlight and market the current comics. Tim/Bernard is the current official pairing, so of course the blogs are going to be talking about how great it is, not raving about something that, so far as the current story is concerned, is over and done.

Wish Marvel would be that nice r.e. Spider-Man and Mary Jane. (Also, the fact that the blogger felt the need to even mention Tim/Steph might be a point in favor of the argument that that ship is more significant than not.)
    There was huge outcry of Steph being killed off and erased and many mentioned wanting her back with Tim as well.

The blog didn't seem "nice" as after gushing how Timber is super awesome throw Timsteph under the bus with that line and used the past term "loved" as if people can't like or prefer it anymore. It seems to me that line was there to placate Timsteph fans who are big part of Tim's fanbase but in a shallow way as the pride special did involve addressing Stephanie so it couldn't be avoided mentioning it.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Seriously, I really don't get this. Part of being bi is that you are attracted to both men and women and, unless there is a serious issue in the relationship, you don't suddenly drop the person that you are with.

There was huge outcry of Steph being killed off and erased and many mentioned wanting her back with Tim as well.
    Is that still the case, though?

The blog didn't seem "nice" as after gushing how Timber is super awesome throw Timsteph under the bus with that line and used the past term "loved" as if people can't like or prefer it anymore. It seems to me that line was there to placate Timsteph fans who are big part of Tim's fanbase but in a shallow way as the pride special did involve addressing Stephanie so it couldn't be avoided mentioning it.
    Of course an article about Tim/Bernard is going to be positive about Tim/Bernard and that is the current relationship, so, of course any reference to Steph having dating him before would be past tense. At least the writer of that gave it legitimacy when it was active (instead of the authorial suggestion that Tim was never really in love with Steph in some of the current comics or the "love her like a sister" crap Spider-Man fans are being given).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Is that still the case, though?

Of course an article about Tim/Bernard is going to be positive about Tim/Bernard and that is the current relationship, so, of course any reference to Steph having dating him before would be past tense. At least the writer of that gave it legitimacy when it was active (instead of the authorial suggestion that Tim was never really in love with Steph in some of the current comics or the "love her like a sister" crap Spider-Man fans are being given).
    Given a common criticism of Tim's solo is how his relationship with Steph is being given the finger....yes

It's not the posivitivty towards Timber that is the issue it is the way they were throwing Timsteph under the bus via "not the right one in the long run" comment after gushing over Timber. The author did the bare minimum in giving it legitimacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Seriously, I really don't get this. Part of being bi is that you are attracted to both men and women and, unless there is a serious issue in the relationship, you don't suddenly drop the person that you are with.
    Exactly. Fitzmartin wrote their breakup badly. She's perfect in every way except one - she's a girl. If he's bisexual and not homosexual, that shouldn't be a problem! There should've been another excuse. Spending too much time apart because Steph is now working closely with Babs and Cass would've been a better excuse.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Exactly. Fitzmartin wrote their breakup badly. She's perfect in every way except one - she's a girl. If he's bisexual and not homosexual, that shouldn't be a problem! There should've been another excuse. Spending too much time apart because Steph is now working closely with Babs and Cass would've been a better excuse.
    I know they promote him as being Bi, but they've basically been writing him as if he came out gay.

Amazing Member

I get the impression that Tim's 'coming out' was for click-bait and press reasons. They got the headlines by making him gay, and said he was bi because they felt it would be risky to go [B]too much[B] against 30 years of history. If they had just made him Bi (without breaking him up with Steph) there would have been no headlines like 'After 80 years, DC finally admits Robin is Gay'.

Mighty Member

https://twitter.com/winovk/status/1650844724708929536

Stephanie gets a mention in issue 8 of Tim's solo and of course it is about Bernard.....like really I hate how Stephanie is just more less being used as a Bernard cheerleader. Like if you want her to be accepting fine but having her geek out over the dude upon meeting him for the first time and not only that but apparenly celebrate him and Tim being together via dancing is too much especially with how badly Tim treated her. Also the lack of any organic development between Steph and Bernard/the relationship (like showing her getting to know them or their relationship) makes her being super on board come across as weird as well and given how ALL of her personal interactions with Tim outside of vigilante life in Tim's solo are tied to Bernard it feels like she is just a prop for him especially as she is Tim's long lasting girlfriend.

Extraordinary Member

https://twitter.com/winovk/status/1650844724708929536

Stephanie gets a mention in issue 8 of Tim's solo and of course it is about Bernard.....like really I hate how Stephanie is just more less being used as a Bernard cheerleader. Like if you want her to be accepting fine but having her geek out over the dude upon meeting him for the first time and not only that but apparenly celebrate him and Tim being together via dancing is too much especially with how badly Tim treated her. Also the lack of any organic development between Steph and Bernard/the relationship (like showing her getting to know them or their relationship) makes her being super on board come across as weird as well and given how ALL of her personal interactions with Tim outside of vigilante life in Tim's solo are tied to Bernard it feels like she is just a prop for him especially as she is Tim's long lasting girlfriend.
    Are you sure that's supposed to be Steph and not Barbara?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Are you sure that's supposed to be Steph and not Barbara?
    The hair makes me think it is her