Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Just got here from the Tim thread. A poster had an image from the Tim comic, yeah. The writer has a pretty skewed view of the Tim/Steph history and dynamic.

Ya, i don't really care what they do with Tim. Im honestly glad Steph isn't attached to his hip, as Batgirl showed that she can be so much more then just a Tim Drake supporting character. So i did not like watching her revert back to the role. That being said, the idea that it was Tim who was defined by his relationship with her is downright ridiculous. He's bi, great, but he was never some martyr.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Yeah, Nadia Shammas has earned a permanent black mark against her as a writer with me for this. It's intensely disrespectful.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ya, i don't really care what they do with Tim. Im honestly glad Steph isn't attached to his hip, as Batgirl showed that she can be so much more then just a Tim Drake supporting character. So i did not like watching her revert back to the role. That being said, the idea that it was Tim who was defined by his relationship with her is downright ridiculous. He's bi, great, but he was never some martyr.
    Well, I guess she was back to that in the sense that she appeared in stuff he was in but I feel that was different from, say, a supporting character in a solo (which she hasn't been in years), but Tim is starting to become toxic for her.

Mighty Member

If they are going to keep dumping on TimSteph and make it like a closet to avoid or comphet, then why do they call him bi?

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Writer is a Jay/Tim shipper and that fanfic circles tends to woobify Tim and vilify Steph....cuz she dared commit the crime of being his girlfriend.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I guess she was back to that in the sense that she appeared in stuff he was in but I feel that was different from, say, a supporting character in a solo (which she hasn't been in years), but Tim is starting to become toxic for her.
    I know right? I mean only mentioning how she was a reminder of a past he wanted to avoid and only in a negative connotation and how hard it was for him to be around her and not the fact of how he hurt her in then process and not how she became supportive of him (really shows how Steph in supporting Tim being bi is just used to shill Timber) when he talked how Bruce did (who he didn't treat badly and also mentioned as part of letting people define him though weird how he didn't have trouble being around him, but it just shows how they are framing Steph as the 'closeted' past or a barrier to bi Tim....) makes Tim look unappreciative of her support and incredibly self-centered.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    He mostly says she's dumb over and over again. Which, to be fair, everyone is on the show. But it doesn't make a Steph fan happy.
    Thanks for letting me know I'm not missing anything from this show. Yeah, I desperately want a good Steph story/character in other media. I knew she was not going to be in the Gotham Knights game, even though I'd have paid serious money to play as her in such a big game title. The only other adaptation I've seen of her is in Young Justice. And while I like the design they gave her, she's barely used. Truthfully that's a problem not limited to only her. Poor Steph.

Edit: As for the Tim/Steph thing. I honestly don't even know what they are doing with Tim unless it's said here. I don't read any of his current books and only read about him if he just so happens to appear in a issue of something else that I'm reading, though I'm not looking for him. Call it sour grapes but I'm just so turned off by Tim Drake and the disrespect to a relationship I once loved. If not for the YJ4 Tim would probably be my least favorite Robin currently. My love for him has really dried up.
    Last edited by ComicNoobie; 05-31-2023 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Thanks for letting me know I'm not missing anything from this show. Yeah, I desperately want a good Steph story/character in other media. I knew she was not going to be in the Gotham Knights game, even though I'd have paid serious money to play as her in such a big game title. The only other adaptation I've seen of her is in Young Justice. And while I like the design they gave her, she's barely used. Truthfully that's a problem not limited to only her. Poor Steph.

Edit: As for the Tim/Steph thing. I honestly don't even know what they are doing with Tim unless it's said here. I don't read any of his current books and only read about him if he just so happens to appear in a issue of something else that I'm reading, though I'm not looking for him. Call it sour grapes but I'm just so turned off by Tim Drake and the disrespect to a relationship I once loved. If not for the YJ4 Tim would probably be my least favorite Robin currently. My love for him has really dried up.
    Yeah, Gotham Knights the tv show is not good at all. Anna Lore isn't terrible casting wise for Steph, but the writing they give her is just so bad. And yeah, the adaptations we have in general aren't great this year.

Regarding Tim/Steph, I personally am mostly just ignoring it, and I wish more people would do the same. Apathy and lack of sales and buzz are what kills series. So if people really want it to stop, they'll stop feeding the troll editors/writers.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Yeah, Gotham Knights the tv show is not good at all. Anna Lore isn't terrible casting wise for Steph, but the writing they give her is just so bad. And yeah, the adaptations we have in general aren't great this year.

Regarding Tim/Steph, I personally am mostly just ignoring it, and I wish more people would do the same. Apathy and lack of sales and buzz are what kills series. So if people really want it to stop, they'll stop feeding the troll editors/writers.
    The only thing that makes it hard to move on from Tim/Steph is they still occasionally bump into one another and it's never not awkward to see whenever it happens. But yeah, I won't pay a single cent to any Robin comic staring Tim now.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    The only thing that makes it hard to move on from Tim/Steph is they still occasionally bump into one another and it's never not awkward to see whenever it happens. But yeah, I won't pay a single cent to any Robin comic staring Tim now.
    Oh, I'm not moving on. I cling to the characters and relationships in the past. I just don't torture myself by obsessing about the bad in the present.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Just got here from the Tim thread. A poster had an image from the Tim comic, yeah. The writer has a pretty skewed view of the Tim/Steph history and dynamic.
    It's from the Pride comic, not Tim's solo. So it's Nadia Shammas, not Meghan Fitzmartin.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Really liked Zdarsky's short writing of Steph, and of course Belen Ortega's beautiful drawing of her in Batman #136. I really, really hope we find out where she's gonna land post Knight Terrors soon!

Really liked Zdarsky's short writing of Steph, and of course Belen Ortega's beautiful drawing of her in Batman #136. I really, really hope we find out where she's gonna land post Knight Terrors soon!
    Maybe she can guest star in the new BoP...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe she can guest star in the new BoP...
    That's not a home. A home is a book where she's a regular main or supporting character!

Extraordinary Member

Annnd...Gotham Knights Steph and Harper are officially a couple.