Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    She was cheated! And I hate that her awesome Robin design has little story usage and material to pull from beyond her failure Robin run. It's why I wanted her to beat up Bruce so badly in Batman vs Robin. I don't care that she was brainwashed, she earned the right to beat him for beginning her downward spiral into War Games. Such a horrible time for her.

I think ultimately I wish we could look back on her Robin run more fondly as opposed to wishing what could have been
    I don't really want Steph and Bruce to fight. I personally am satisfied at where Bruce Wayne: The Road Home: Batgirl left them. I didn't like how Batman vs. Robin wrote it, though. But I don't like anything I'm reading that Waid is writing right now, so...
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I don't really want Steph and Bruce to fight. I personally am satisfied at where Bruce Wayne: The Road Home: Batgirl left them. I didn't like how Batman vs. Robin wrote it, though. But I don't like anything I'm reading that Waid is writing right now, so...
    You're right! I'm petty and need to throw my frustration at someone in universe and I always choose Bruce lol.

You're right! I'm petty and need to throw my frustration at someone in universe and I always choose Bruce lol.
    For those of us who lived through 2002-2008, it's far too easy to blame Bruce cause he was such a horrible guy during that time! But I think he's gotten much better in the past 7 years.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Extraordinary Member

For those of us who lived through 2002-2008, it's far too easy to blame Bruce cause he was such a horrible guy during that time! But I think he's gotten much better in the past 7 years.
    Well, we obviously can’t blame Orpheus.

Extraordinary Member

I've said more than enough about how awful War Games is.

So I haven't read the issue yet but I saw a very fun screencap of Stephanie making a appearance Joker the man who stopped laughing issue 5.

spoilers:
    From what I saw it looks fun. Stephanie continues her new budding friendship with Jason and brought him more coffee on a snowy night. And she apparently startled him by trying to sound like Batman, but according to Jason it sounded like she gargled gasoline which she seems somewhat pleased with, I guess that is how she hears Bruce LOL. So it looks like coffee will be their bonding time. Coffees are the new waffles! Our girl Steph is branching out
    end of spoilers

So I haven't read the issue yet but I saw a very fun screencap of Stephanie making a appearance Joker the man who stopped laughing issue 5.

spoilers:
    From what I saw it looks fun. Stephanie continues her new budding friendship with Jason and brought him more coffee on a snowy night. And she apparently startled him by trying to sound like Batman, but according to Jason it sounded like she gargled gasoline which she seems somewhat pleased with, I guess that is how she hears Bruce LOL. So it looks like coffee will be their bonding time. Coffees are the new waffles! Our girl Steph is branching out
    end of spoilers
    I thought it was quite a fun appearance, and seeing her drawn by Carmine di Giandomenico is a dream come true!

The comment about Steph's Batman voice felt WEIRDLY familiar, and I finally remembered this page from Smallville Season 11 by Bryan Q. Miller (who wanted to make this character, named Babs because of Didio's pettiness, into the Smallville version of Steph):

Smallville Season 11 Babs Batman Voice.jpg

Multiversal Misnamed Steph ftw!

I thought it was quite a fun appearance, and seeing her drawn by Carmine di Giandomenico is a dream come true!

The comment about Steph's Batman voice felt WEIRDLY familiar, and I finally remembered this page from Smallville Season 11 by Bryan Q. Miller (who wanted to make this character, named Babs because of Didio's pettiness, into the Smallville version of Steph):

Oh yeah, I remember this. It was so weird .

LOL! Even though we can't actually hear it I want to hear more of Steph masking her voice with these gruff tones and have the others make fun of her for it. Especially Cassandra and Babs lol.

LOL! Even though we can't actually hear it I want to hear more of Steph masking her voice with these gruff tones and have the others make fun of her for it. Especially Cassandra and Babs lol.
    I want others to be scared by how accurate it is.

I want others to be scared by how accurate it is.
    Every member of the Batfamily needs to hear her with the voice at least once and give the proper response. Especially Bruce himself

Every member of the Batfamily needs to hear her with the voice at least once and give the proper response. Especially Bruce himself
    Yesssss.

I still really dislike the fact that The Joker season 2 is a thing, and I think the backups are so gross (playing into fetish constantly - I know it's a comic aimed at older teens and adults, but it's just...reminds me of when Red Robin turned into a harem fantasy comic for teen boys written by a middle aged man...), but this scene with Steph is just so great.

Yesssss.

I still really dislike the fact that The Joker season 2 is a thing, and I think the backups are so gross (playing into fetish constantly - I know it's a comic aimed at older teens and adults, but it's just...reminds me of when Red Robin turned into a harem fantasy comic for teen boys written by a middle aged man...), but this scene with Steph is just so great.
    I don’t see it as fetish-y so much as just a homage to some really goofy and crazy Silver Age comic gags through the eyes of The Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don’t see it as fetish-y so much as just a homage to some really goofy and crazy Silver Age comic gags through the eyes of The Joker.
    Casually Comics has pointed out things that are not just Silver Age, but actually almost certainly appeals to the fetish community. Not into it.

But that's more than a bit afield of the Steph thread!

Steph is in the latest Wayne Family Adventures episode, with some Damian and Selina banter to go along with it .