Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Also Kelley Puckett was very generous to her form in her costume .
    end of spoilers
    True. I think Stephanie really looks great with that art (the lack of the Spoiler hood also helps).

Incredible Member

Kelley Jones drew the story, not Kelley Puckett. Jones does very stylized work, as one can see on these pages. The torn, wild cape. The wild hair. The very stylized proportions (like the unnaturally narrow waist).

I thought it was funny, and if she had been written like this in Batgirls - competent, self-assured and funny - maybe Steph would still be appearing frequently like Cass and Oracle are. This was a rare story these days, not to mention solo appearance. And even appearing as the main subject on the cover. Unexpected choices, and hopefully these are signs that the character is being revitalized after the pretty weak way she was written by Cloonan and Conrad.

I'd have liked to see the hood at least a little, like when talking with the cop. It's a very cool look, and it's a signature look along with the large cloak.

Loved the positive relationship she has with GCPD. It's a little corny, but fun.

Extraordinary Member

Gotham Knights, The Spoiler Cut is being put on indefinite hiatus.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Kelley Jones drew the story, not Kelley Puckett. Jones does very stylized work, as one can see on these pages. The torn, wild cape. The wild hair. The very stylized proportions (like the unnaturally narrow waist).

I thought it was funny, and if she had been written like this in Batgirls - competent, self-assured and funny - maybe Steph would still be appearing frequently like Cass and Oracle are. This was a rare story these days, not to mention solo appearance. And even appearing as the main subject on the cover. Unexpected choices, and hopefully these are signs that the character is being revitalized after the pretty weak way she was written by Cloonan and Conrad.

I'd have liked to see the hood at least a little, like when talking with the cop. It's a very cool look, and it's a signature look along with the large cloak.

Loved the positive relationship she has with GCPD. It's a little corny, but fun.
    I really think people exagerate the "damage" Batgirls make to Stephanie. Honestly, I think Stephanie was enough competent.

Cassandra has more opportunities to recently appear because the writer wants that. She has always been the martial arts expert, so it is easier to include her on a team like Birds of Prey (not to mention that the writer likely chose her).

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I really think people exagerate the "damage" Batgirls make to Stephanie. Honestly, I think Stephanie was enough competent.

Cassandra has more opportunities to recently appear because the writer wants that. She has always been the martial arts expert, so it is easier to include her on a team like Birds of Prey (not to mention that the writer likely chose her).
    Steph has still made appearances in stuff with Jason and I think another comic...