Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Don’t have time to think of a full roster right now, but will probably circle back.

All I know is that Moonstar and Callisto are essentials. It’s a travesty that both the youth of Krakoa and the Morlocks spent all this time with no actual representation in the government.
    Viewpoints I'd love to see represented on the Council (obviously the current Council has some of these, I'm just saying, these viewpoints do actually make sense to have some governmental representation of and they should actually lean into that as a plot point):

Nonhuman-passing mutants
    Formerly depowered mutants or mutants who spent most of their life assuming themselves to be human
    Mutants who spent a long time dead and were only resurrected on Krakoa, awakening to a radically changed world years after they died
    Given the potential for the Waiting Room to expand resurrection to long-dead mutants from bygone eras, mutants from different centuries
    Long-lived mutants experienced with immortality and how it changes a person's perspective over time
    Mutants with experience being part of mutant communities prior to Krakoa, such as Morlocks, Clan Akkaba, Thieves' Guild, etc
    Timeline refugees or mutants from alternate or even no-longer-existing realities
    Mutants experienced with magic or Otherworld
    Mutants with minor mutations that don't give them any significant advantages or superpowers
    Mutants with extremely powerful mutations that have them viewed as resources to be tapped or exploited
    Mutants with particularly common mutations that represent a sizable portion of the population, like some form of psychic ability
    Mutants with particularly esoteric mutations that represent the parts of the population whose mutations make them wholly unique, with no one else quite like them or their power
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 01-17-2023 at 05:54 AM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I don't think there will be one. Krakoa can basically become a democracy at literally any minute with it's voting system

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    There should be a mutant whose power is that he can be as openly corrupt, venal, petty and spiteful as he wants, but people still love and vote for him.
    Hmmm Sabretooth???
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Some people think that after Fall of X the council itself will have to be democratically elected. Some people think the Council will be replaced with another system of governance. Some people think Krakoa itself will end altogether.

But if the Quiet Council maintains it's structure, and maybe becomes democratically elected, what roster do you think would be interesting for the Immortal X-men book?
    Some non-x representation:

Collective Man
    La Bandera
    Tobias Messenger or Tad Carter from The Promise
    Leecher from Bio-Genes
    Vanguard
    Marvel Man (Vance A)
    Sabra
    Albedo (Alison Double)
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    Hmmm Sabretooth???
    Oh wow. I love this idea. Imagine Logan running the mutant CIA (once the whole Beast plot is dealt with and hopefully he ends up fixed somehow, or in the pit) with Sabretooth as a member of the QC... specifically assigned to X-Force oversight (due to his decades of military and clandestine ops experience) along with Nightcrawler (to ensure we have a firm moral center; plus he runs the Krakoan "police" now in the form of his Legionnaires) and Destiny (because she's a precog, so just makes sense to have her on this 3-person oversight committee).

Damn that would be fun!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Vanguard
    LOL Nikolai on the Quiet Council would be uh....interesting. I'd rather go with Laynia's level head over his considerably more tempestuous one. As much as I liked having the two of them and Ursus Major back together in the recent Winter Guard series, I'm a bit piqued about the attempt to turn him into stalwart leader man of late.....the classic Nikolai always was more of a 'blow **** up first, ask questions later' type so the fact that he sorta just flipped a switch and became the Russian Captain America in more than just name gives me whiplash. Unfortunately, that tends to happen with relatively minor characters. I definitely like the idea of a more international-stemming Quiet Council.

I'd go with Laynia or Alexi Garnoff for a Russian mutant though, Esperanza Ling could bring an interesting perspective and represent the younger generations of mutants more than La Bandera, Nuwa in place of the Collective Man (and wouldn't he technically take up five seats? LOL) and instead of Leecher I'd honestly go with Mali or Transfaser from Somalia. Oh and in place of the Promise mutants, Snowfall could also be an interesting option.

But then, I also think the X-Men lineup should be more international as well, and ironically I think most of your choices for non-American QC members would be my picks for non-American X-Men in the current adjectiveless book. Collective Man, La Bandera and Vanguard could all be interesting additions, though I'd still probably go with Lightbright instead of Leecher. I'd also like to see more Atlantean and Wakandan mutants in the mix too....both on the QC and the X-Men. Whalesong and Muti could be fun.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 01-17-2023 at 08:14 AM.

Summer:
    Nightcrawler
    Captain Betsy
    Forge

Fall:
    Callisto
    Isca The Unbeate
    Kate Pryde

Winter:
    Destiny
    Exodus
    Emma Frost

Spring:
    Moonstar
    Hope
    Prodigy

a Council that represents older mutants, younger generationS, the Morlocks, The Arackki, former villains, established heroes, Otherworld, Krakoa commerce, mutant science, mutant faith, the Five, sexual diversity and has the IQ and power sets appropriate to strategy and protect.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 01-17-2023 at 01:48 PM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

IMO, the structure post Fall of X & the roster is inherently linked. I don't think certain characters work well as part of the roster if it's not moving towards a more Democratic system -- so this roster is assuming a 12-person, democratically elected Council. I would keep some old and add some new characters, with the old ways vs. the new ways as a major theme -- but I don't want the alliances to be as straightforward there as they seem, since someone like Hope is already representing more of a new way of thinking. I also think having various morally ambiguous, headstrong characters in the mix is super important.

Keep:
    • Hope Summers
    • Emma Frost
    • Storm
    • Destiny
    • Exodus

The first thing I'm doing here is cutting down on a few of the characters who are sharing books (Kate Pryde, Nightcrawler) and I think at this point are somewhat superfluous on the Council. Destiny and Exodus seem to be the most politically salient "villainous" characters and I think we need them on the Council for it to feel spicy. I think you need a level of continuity in the roster, both for the sake of the book feeling connected to what came before, and for the sake of having some old vs. new conflict in how things are being done. (I've also considered keeping Colossus, but I'd only be interested in that if he becomes a full-time Immortal character and it's real Colossus without mind control.)

Add:
    • Dani Moonstar
    • Monet
    • Surge
    • Sunfire
    • Skin
    • Iceman
    • Shinobi Shaw

For the additions, Dani is obvious. She's had quite an arc building in the Krakoa era about opposing the Council's decisions and I think that this is a fitting time for her to join. Karma could also take up this role if Dani is busy.

Monet is a great fit IMO as I see her as a new addition who has a strong, political personality but unlike Dani, she's not necessarily as opposed to some of the previous choices of the Council and can help keep some of that conflict and moral ambiguity.

Surge feels like the perfect younger generation representative here to me, she's always been very headstrong and opinionated and she will not take ****.

Sunfire is another headstrong character who comes in with strong opinions, and I think he has some of the most experience of any character here actually working with a government and will bring a really unique perspective one relationships with other nations.

Skin was set up well in Sabretooth as a potential representative of visible mutations and generally I think deserves the Synch treatment.

Iceman would act as the connection to the X-Men team, as I feel elections was set up as the long-term goal of the team being formed in the Gala -- I chose him over Jean out of a desire to have more separation between the books and less character overlap. I also think he's a really fun character to throw into this setting because unlike most of the other new additions I've chosen, I don't see anything to do with the Quiet Council as coming naturally to him at all and I think it would present a really fun challenge for a writer to use him in this context.

Shinobi adds one more "villainy" perspective to the group which I think is important to keep going, but he's also a character that makes sense to me as a reasonable character to say got elected. There's also the potential of some romantic drama w/ Iceman.

(One more addition I considered but didn't have space for was someone like Firestar or Cerebella to bring a skeptical-of-Krakoa perspective.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Oh wow. I love this idea. Imagine Logan running the mutant CIA (once the whole Beast plot is dealt with and hopefully he ends up fixed somehow, or in the pit) with Sabretooth as a member of the QC... specifically assigned to X-Force oversight (due to his decades of military and clandestine ops experience) along with Nightcrawler (to ensure we have a firm moral center; plus he runs the Krakoan "police" now in the form of his Legionnaires) and Destiny (because she's a precog, so just makes sense to have her on this 3-person oversight committee).

Damn that would be fun!
    Quiet as kept (no pun intended) and Jack i know you know with your nostalgic and knowledgeable ways. Vic even though a psychopath has shown to give good insight and has very strategic views and ways over the years. I like that idea running X-force and him clashing with Logan would be great for drama.
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Astonishing Member

The most redeeming addition to the Quiet Council: Fair and Free Democratic Elections! With telepathic blockers!

I think we need a human on the Quiet Council maybe a Stevie Hunter or a Val Cooper or Louis St Croix to balance this out and have a go between humans and mutants alike.

Storm/Xavier/Betsy- They handle internal and external stuff. So Arrako/Krakoa/Otherworld

Emma/Shinobi/Monet- They handle the company side of things and the drugs and money.

Ceicilia Reyes/Forge/Sage- Health/Technology/over seeing external resurrections etc.

Bishop/Cable/Scarlet Witch- defense/ security/ striking others/ training both physical/ tactical/ and magical. basic magic defense classes
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Don’t have time to think of a full roster right now, but will probably circle back.

All I know is that Moonstar and Callisto are essentials. It’s a travesty that both the youth of Krakoa and the Morlocks spent all this time with no actual representation in the government.
    Very much yes to Danielle and Callisto on the Council. Thinking of a scenario where the Krakoa population democratically elects their government (which makes more sense than people electing who should be on the X-Men), they are some of the precious few who could actually draw votes from factions with significant numbers (with Dani getting support from the younger mutants and Cal from the Morlocks and general mutant rejects)

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    I think we need a human on the Quiet Council maybe a Stevie Hunter or a Val Cooper or Louis St Croix to balance this out and have a go between humans and mutants alike.
    This would be a great role for Kyle.

When Emma takes over i expect her presidency includes Kate Pryde as her Vice and Rogue as her secretary of Shugah